Title race

How the f**k are Queens park top of the league, think ive seen them 5 times this season and outwith Hamilton last week and Cove they are comfortably the worst I've seen. Embarrassing for the rest of the league 

4 minutes ago, Lalo said:

How the f**k are Queens park top of the league, think ive seen them 5 times this season and outwith Hamilton last week and Cove they are comfortably the worst I've seen. Embarrassing for the rest of the league 

Almost as if they might have been good in some of those other 27 games…

10 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Fantastic - isn't it?

They'll still beat us in a fortnight

Interesting look at the table tomorrow and a defeat for yourselves and a win for us would set up a 3 point gap between 1st and 4th with points totals of 54/53/52/51

Never going to happen but still...

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

One game at a time.

We must beat Arbroath tomorrow.

Absolutely. It's one thing for gaining confidence through others shitting the bed, it's another thing entirely for us to step up to the plate and take advantage. We can do it and the squad did it last time they fought to go up, now we need to see it again.

We've not won at Gayfield since Arbroath came back up to the 2nd tier, but we've not lost either. With tonight's result I'd not sniff at a draw right now, but that requires a win over Raith at Dens. One win out of these two could make all the difference.

Definitely more concerned about Partick than QP at this point, feels like they've been in inspired form since Doolan took over. Fortunately they had that lull a few months ago that got McCall the sack as otherwise I reckon they'd be top by now.

38 minutes ago, milhouse said:

We are now bearing witness to a bottle job not seen since the Greenock of 2004.

I'm glad our one against Inverness is being forgotten about.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Between Dundee and Thistle for the title imo. Glasgow Gretna blowing up spectacularly. Massive game for a Dundee tomorrow if they win it then I expect them to go on and win the league. 

More twists to come. Arbroath will win tomorrow. But it won’t help QP.

The table makes interesting reading. I hate to say it, but it's obviously looking like Dundee's title. As someone else stated, though, there hasn't been a stand out side in this division and I expect Dundee will drop points. Unfortunately, I just don't think anyone else is likely to put together a consistent run of victories to snatch it from them. Queen's Park were woeful tonight; the scoreline only flattered Thistle a wee bit. 

Screenshot2023-04-0800_22_26.png.f0cd75c4e36c202f13dde1e87c357b03.png

An Arbroath win tomorrow would be great for neutrals. If Raith can then get a point on Tuesday, it's going to be a fascinating run in. Six points and the title's Dundee's, as there's no way Thistle or Ayr will catch them, and QP have folded. 

8 hours ago, G_&_T said:

This ultimately comes down to a title race between QP and Dundee, IMHO.

The Dees were promoted in 2011/12, relegated in 2012/13, promoted in 2013/14, relegated in 2018/19, promoted in 2020-21, relegated in 2021/22.

Queen's Park were last in the top-tier in the 1950s.

Surely any neutral will be rooting for Queen's Park? 

I am a neutral and I am not cheering for QP. They have a Gretna-esque quality about them

Of the others I'm sorta leaning towards Partick Thistle but happy to follow an exciting run-in

I’m reduced to encouraging chaos…so for tomorrow I want:

Arbroath, Ayr, Cove and Raith (we have to beat them sometime) to win…

Leaves Dundee one back with one in hand, Ayr two back, Partick three back and the Accies back in 10th.

Can't see Dundee not beating us on Tuesday tbh.  We've taken 1 point away to the top 4, and 2 points away to any team currently above us.  I'd imagine a minimum of 4 points on Partick before next weekend.

I've said a few times that I'm worried about the resurgence of Partick and that there is still at least 3 times challenging for this title. Fine margins is the definition of our next two games as we could best case scenario be 5 ahead of Queens and 8 ahead of Partick or if we stumble then we could allow the latter back in. 

The way this season is going I wouldn't be surprised at all with us messing this golden chance up. A draw against Arbroath really wouldn't be the end of the world today but hoping for the 3!

Edited by Pens_Dark

Partick Thistle will finish either 1st or 2nd, I'm convinced of that. They're hitting form at the right time, not losing goals and scoring for fun is a lethal combination.

It just relies on how Dundee finish the season, the door is open for us but we know how that usually ends..

😩