Title race

12 minutes ago, BAZ 1893 said:

Partick Thistle will finish either 1st or 2nd, I'm convinced of that. They're hitting form at the right time, not losing goals and scoring for fun is a lethal combination.

It just relies on how Dundee finish the season, the door is open for us but we know how that usually ends..

😩

If you're looking at just the last 2 games then you're right - look beyond that and they've been much less impressive. I'm not sure 2 is a worthy enough sample size.

Thistle were my prediction at the start of the season. From what I saw last night they have a healthy number of players who are mentally strong enough to pull their team through. Add in aggressive defending, some slick passing and taking their chances and the timing is in their favour. Their run-in also looks reasonable for maximum points.

11 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'm glad our one against Inverness is being forgotten about.

I was thinking more about Leishman's Dunfermline side of 86-87. Miles ahead and heading for back-to-back titles then lost 2-1 at home to McGraw's Morton at the start of the final quarter and couldn't buy a win after that. Put us top on the penultimate weekend by losing to Airdrie then lost at relegated Montrose on the final day.

4 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Thistle were my prediction at the start of the season. From what I saw last night they have a healthy number of players who are mentally strong enough to pull their team through. Add in aggressive defending, some slick passing and taking their chances and the timing is in their favour. Their run-in also looks reasonable for maximum points.

IF Dundee beat Arbroath today (not a guarantee but hardly unlikely), Thistle will be 5 points behind with a game more played, an inferior goal difference and only 12 points left on the table.  And we still have Cove to play as well as you guys so a likely 6 points in the bag there.  😉

I'm certainly not discounting them yet, but it's easy seeing why Thistle are 20/1 with the bookies.  

41 minutes ago, hk blues said:

If you're looking at just the last 2 games then you're right - look beyond that and they've been much less impressive. I'm not sure 2 is a worthy enough sample size.

In the nine games Doolan has been in charge our total currently stands at conceded 2 scored 16. Is nine games long enough for you? Or if you prefer a quarter of a season 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

IF Dundee beat Arbroath today (not a guarantee but hardly unlikely), Thistle will be 5 points behind with a game more played, an inferior goal difference and only 12 points left on the table.  And we still have Cove to play as well as you guys so a likely 6 points in the bag there.  😉

I'm certainly not discounting them yet, but it's easy seeing why Thistle are 20/1 with the bookies.  

Bookies live by loading the dice. They don’t feel the groove, baby! For example, six weeks ago I’d have said Dundee will scoosh it today. But not now. 

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Queens doing the old ‘throw the league’ tactic as their ground isn’t up to standard. 

telling off x factor GIF by X Factor Global

Fans of Dundee FC will never be in a place to question any clubs integrity. You have a special place in Scottish football history when it comes to dodgy dealings. It’s so dark there,  I’m really surprised that so many Dees fans keep making dumb comments that bring it all out in the light again.

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

Yeah, this is it really. Even if we win our 4 games and get to 63, it's reasonably likely that Dundee will get the 10/11 points (depending on how much we improve our GD), especially if they get 3 of them today and with a Raith team with nothing to play for and a dead in the water Cove team still to play. 

If arbroath win today it gets a bit more interesting but Dundee would still be strong favourites. 

43 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Fans of Dundee FC will never be in a place to question any clubs integrity. You have a special place in Scottish football history when it comes to dodgy dealings. It’s so dark there,  I’m really surprised that so many Dees fans keep making dumb comments that bring it all out in the light again.

Angry Office GIF

2 hours ago, hk blues said:

What’s a good sample ? The number in Dundee’s favour. Just to remind you. Doolan has been in charge for 9 games. 1 defeat; 18 points; 2 goals conceded. That said, I think it is too much for us to make up but we are making a good go of it. Maybe enough to add pressure to the rest. Things will be a whole lot clearer by Tuesday.

Just now, jagsfan57 said:

What’s a good sample ? The number in Dundee’s favour. Just to remind you. Doolan has been in charge for 9 games. 1 defeat; 18 points; 2 goals conceded. That said, I think it is too much for us to make up but we are making a good go of it. Maybe enough to add pressure to the rest. Things will be a whole lot clearer by Tuesday.

You stuck with Jobbie too long.  Title aspirations were probably gone with the 0-0 game.

17 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Queens have absolutely bottled this tbh.  I get why their fans are saying its still a good season, but that should be scant consolation considering where they were at one point.

We’ve been flying on fumes for a while. The league position, coupled with everyone else determined not to have a winning run, masked the situation. Last 3 games we’ve been a pale disguise. Worryingly, neither Coyle or any of the senior players seem to know why. We’re starting each week with 4 or 5 loanees who suddenly all look like passengers. I’ve no doubt the rest have all had their agents whispering in their ears about Premiership wages.

And I’m not buying into the Murray theory. Nearly all his goals were in and around the goalmouth. He was well serviced by Thomas, Savoury and Robson in particular. Shields hasn’t had anything like the service. In his first few games, when he did get played in, he scored four in four. Since then, very little. Savoury in particular has been very poor for several weeks, losing possession repeatedly. 

I think other teams have stepped up a gear and we don’t have it, not to win the league. We’ve done some good stuff that deserves a go at the playoffs. No medals, just a mention in dispatches.