P&B motorcycle/ scooter thread

On 28/03/2023 at 08:44, mathematics said:

This thread should be split in two so that motorcyclists don’t read about all these wee tampons you lot call scooters.

To  be fair, as someone who has ridden bikes and a scooter I have respect for anyone on 2 wheels on the road these days whether you are on 50cc or 1200cc. Given the abundance of complete spanners in cars who blithely drive around in a wee dream world with zero recognition for anything else on the road and if you're on a bike you can often see them looking at their bloody phones. The number of times in slow traffic that I have kicked the cars of shit drivers or been nearly shunted off the bike  on a 3 mile commute to the station by them is mind blowing. 

Edited by AndyM

On 25/03/2023 at 12:06, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Have a Vespa LXV150 currently in storage in Indonesia, but due to flooding is ruined. Was one of the Vietnam builds and was a great bike but always had a few issues with the engine.

Too expensive to have a bike here just now but will invest in, probably a GTS 300 if/when I head back to Indonesia.

Owned a Kawasaki in The Philippines and maybe not the nicest, but was a decent bike.

Drove a SYM scooter when I lived in Vietnam, it done a job.

Considering the year round weather out this way, driving bikes here is wonderful.

Have driven one of the Indian Royal Enfield in India and it’s okay. 

1769537C-8877-48D8-9449-1158E77F6CC0.jpeg

Ideal for a family of 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone looking for somewhere to go a run to on Saturday on your bike get yourself to Doune Motocross Park Argaty for the 3rd round of the Scottish Motocross Championship  With tens of thousands of £s prize money at stake it is attracting top riders from all over Britain including the British Champion as well as the South African champion and one of Italys top GP riders The best £5 you will spend this month for admission  11 am start

A crash in the first race meeting of the season at Snetterton back in March has seen me not ride until yesterday. 

I'm currently up at Lossiemouth on a supposedly urgent tasking with BAE resulting in us doing f**k all all week.

Thankfully the weather has been fantastic so I've been out and about visiting old friends. 

My mate Sid has this little lot to play with.

iiJGjZl_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

IHvMCyk_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Yesterday afternoon was spent out playing on them all at various points. 

Bloody grand day out :) 

XOUB3RP.jpg

e1n3qLw.jpg

XnLCR1Q.jpg

I spent most of the time on the RD. I was worried that it would shatter all those (rose tinted) memories of thrashing around in my youth. Kenneth :) 

I needn't have worried. I could not stop giggling as I rode along. I want one. Again. 

Here's the route we did.  

image.png.0a8c68b0c33fd3251626437e9d52a7e5.png

A superb way to spend Friday afternoon/evening. More of the same next week hopefully. Thursday most likely. 

The race bike is currently under rebuild. A bit like I was :lol: 

Should be good to go fro Brands Hatch end of July. Then hopefully a couple of rounds at Knockhill/East Fortune. We will see. 

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Never been a biker (one of my few common sense decisions) but I do recall a pal from the late 80s raving about his RD350. 

Wasn't he in star wars??

People who ride motorcycles dislike their families.   

Going out for a ride = escaping the family home

Riding a bike = 14 times more likely to be killed in a RTC.  

Love your family and drive a motorcar.  

On 11/06/2023 at 10:29, EV9 said:

People who ride motorcycles dislike their families.   

Going out for a ride = escaping the family home

Riding a bike = 14 times more likely to be killed in a RTC.  

Love your family and drive a motorcar.  

You obviously aren’t in insurance sales. Everything has risks, you shouldn’t be driving either. But, if you do drive, recent studies show EV's are 50 more likely to be in accidents and cause significantly more damage in those accidents. Also, EV’s are a huge threat to pedestrians due to their increased weight, rapid acceleration and quiet nature.

Driving an EV = Threatening the public

Going out and riding a bike instead of staying home and getting mad at stupid stuff your partner is doing = Reducing domestic violence

See, you can spin anything…

Edited by TxRover

• 9 months later...

It's that time of year again. First day up at Cadwell Park with the resurrected CB500 and my Triumph 675. 

A couple of sessions on the 675 but I just couldn't get going with it so wheeled the little CB out the van. After a couple of teething problems which you'll always get post rebuild, I soon settled down on it. There's a way to go. A couple of blisters on my hands indicating I'm not relaxing and gripping the bars too tightly (easy kenneth) :o But it was an enjoyable afternoon in what could be described as weather as good as could be expected at Cadwell this time of year. The plan to race the 675 in the Military Championship is on the back burner right now. I'm in no shape to just be jumping on that thing. I'll stick with the little shopper :) 

hecbgiL.jpg

M60hGw0.jpg

My entry is in for Snetterton  23/24 March. A return to the scene of the smash up last year. There may be an option to go practice again at Cadwell on Sunday. I've one eye on the weather and will book nearer the time. 

Other than that I'm looking forward to competing again. Last year was a disaster. I never recovered from that crash at the first round. Plan is to just ease in, finish races and get through the first round and go from there. 

Bring it on.

yFbBAlX.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

We're at Donington Park for the second round of the No Limits Racing championship. Looking forward to it. 

A successful first round sees the RAF leading the GB Military Inter Services Championship by 3 points and I'm lying 4th in my individual championship. 

Forecast is OK, I'm looking forward to it. 

7xCvTeA.jpeg

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I may have gone and bought one of these :o It's a 50th birthday present to myself. Ok, it's two years late but better late than never. 

HnRGplt.jpg

It's a Yamaha XSR900GP. They are new for this year and just hitting the UK now. My one is due late June early July. Not bought a new bike since 2002 and to be honest, I never thought I would again but when I got wind of this......  🤔    Quick trip to Webbs in Lincoln and next thing I know I've ordered one :) 

A couple of options ordered with it. So after it's run in and it goes for its first service, it'll come out looking like this ;) 

5lwPdPs.jpg

I cannot wait :thumsup2

Edited by Trackdaybob