Celtic v Rangers April 8th

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Complete hyperbole. You’ve switched the line of attack from “Tav scoring twice is a concern” to “Take him out your team and you are toothless”.

Quick fag packet calculations has Tavernier scoring 17% of our goals this season.

Kyogo has scored 22% of Celtic’s.

Would you argue that taking Kyogo out your side would leave you toothless? No, you absolutely would not. So why would you argue that for Tavernier considering he has scored less of our goals as an overall percentage than your leading player has? His position makes no difference to the argument if he is consistently doing it.

Fecking hell M8, Jinky was posting about this fixture.
You are all over the place here.

10 minutes ago, AJF said:

Complete hyperbole. You’ve switched the line of attack from “Tav scoring twice is a concern” to “Take him out your team and you are toothless”.

Quick fag packet calculations has Tavernier scoring 17% of our goals this season.

Kyogo has scored 22% of Celtic’s.

Would you argue that taking Kyogo out your side would leave you toothless? No, you absolutely would not. So why would you argue that for Tavernier considering he has scored less of our goals as an overall percentage than your leading player has? His position makes no difference to the argument if he is consistently doing it.

I haven’t switched at all since never at any point said “Tav scoring twice is a concern” so if you are going to quote me at least go read what I actually wrote. 

And let me address your 2nd point and the actual overall point by asking you a simple question. Who in your team just now consistently and will reliably turn up in this fixture to pose a consistent threat to us? I can name one and you can probably guess who

Edited by Jinky67

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

When their biggest goal threat with the most attempts on goal is their right back they really have to ask questions.

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I haven’t switched at all since never at any point said “Tav scoring twice is a concern” so if you are going to quote me at least go read what I actually wrote. 

And let me address your 2nd point and the actual overall point by asking you a simple question. Who in your team just now consistently and will reliably turn up in this fixture to pose a consistent threat to us? I can name one and you can probably guess who

Mate, this was your original comment on the matter.

Absolutely nothing to do with “consistently and reliably turn up in this fixture to pose a consistent threat to us” which you’ve now morphed it into.

I disagreed with you that it was questionable that Tavernier, who is a consistent attacking threat for us, was an attacking threat for us today. Let’s leave it at that.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Mate, this was your original comment on the matter.

Absolutely nothing to do with “consistently and reliably turn up in this fixture to pose a consistent threat to us” which you’ve now morphed it into.

I disagreed with you that it was questionable that Tavernier, who is a consistent attacking threat for us, was an attacking threat for us today. Let’s leave it at that.

Where in that did I say Tav scoring twice is a concern? It’s the fact that he is the only player you have that can bring that threat which should be the concern. It’s the reliance on your right back to do the job your strikers can’t against us which should be the concern. You clearly aren’t which I suppose for me should be a good thing.

All we have to do is stop Tav. All you have to do is stop Kyogo, Jota, Abada or Hatate who score multiple times against you 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jinky67

12 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

They're full of excuses M8, They said Beale got it wrong in the cup final,now Beale is blaming VAR instead of looking at the horrendous defending.

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Where in that did I say Tav scoring twice is a concern? 

It’s obviously what you were implying when you mention “… they really have to ask questions”.

Why is it questionable if it’s not to imply it’s a concern?

We both know that’s what you were implying which is why we should leave it there.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s obviously what you were implying when you mention “… they really have to ask questions”.

Why is it questionable if it’s not to imply it’s a concern?

We both know that’s what you were implying which is why we should leave it there.

I’m implying he is your only threat as per my edit above. If you think having only 1 tangible threat in these games which is your right back isn’t a concern then good luck mate.

And the question is since you need that spelt out is why are your attacking players with the exception of Tav constantly missing in these fixtures? And furthermore why are you happy with that?

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I’m implying he is your only threat as per my edit above. If you think having only 1 tangible threat in these games which is your right back isn’t a concern then good luck mate.

And the question is since you need that spelt out is why are your attacking players with the exception of Tav constantly missing in these fixtures?

I’ll leave you with the last argument. I’m off to sleep as this is nipping my heid now, to be honest 😂

Rangers fans are wanting to get back to the way they played under Slippy G,they don't realize that wasn't good enough either.
Beale asking Tillman to mark McGregor off the ball took away his threat when they had the ball he couldn't change his mindset,Cantwell was the same most of his good work was in his own half,Kent didn't turn up again waste of a jersey.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

7 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

No he is repeatedly mentioning the disallowed goal and wasting his energy trying to convince us it was a wrong call, it was soft but it wasn’t wrong as a push on the back inside the box is a foul.

Some Rangers fans have a short memory - look back to earlier this season when Morelos was given a soft penalty for having his shirt tugged against Livingstone.  Surely these things even themselves out over a season!

To think I've seen people have a go at Rangers fans when they complain about mediocrity,  how can you accuse the Bears of glory hunting after today? Giving us a game is now a moral victory for them. They created next to nothing but they disrupted our game so their tactics are now being lauded. Never mind that Celtic are strolling to the title, they have the chance to stop us doing the treble. This is normality now. Felt very appropriate that the goals that took Captain Tav to 100 were scored in front of no Rangers fans. 

Didn't feel like it at the time but I think we'll look back on the last half hour as pretty comfortable all things considered after a poor first half. They put on some pressure but we should have been out of sight. Hopefully Mooy will be up to speed by next week and we'll have Hatate back as he's a huge loss. Kyogo is just fuckin deadly, love him and AJ is a unit, top performance against Kent. 

36 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

To think I've seen people have a go at Rangers fans when they complain about mediocrity,  how can you accuse the Bears of glory hunting after today? Giving us a game is now a moral victory for them. They created next to nothing but they disrupted our game so their tactics are now being lauded

But Beale is a tactical genius, it's no secret how Celtic play give him time he will get it right.
Letting them win the dead rubber at Ibrox will have the spin puppets in overdrive.
The mind the gap fans has increased, if buts and maybes.

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

VAR was never overturning the decision. There’s a clear push from Morelos, even though Johnston did make it look worse than it was.

That was my thoughts when watching sportscene. 

It’s relatively soft but VAR isn’t going to reverse a decision of a push when the video literally shows a push. 

My Rangers supporting pal was telling me Ryan Kent’s contract expires this summer and he’s likely to move on as a free agent? If that’s true that’s a horrendous bit of business from Rangers considering the money they spent on his transfer fee. Surely Rangers could have got a Championship/lower EPL club to spend £7m on him last year and at least get their initial outlay back.

I don’t particularly rate Kent, and although he can produce the odd bit of magic he’s not someone I particularly fear when he’s playing against St Mirren. Tavernier and Barasic have caused us much more trouble than Kent ever has, I think players know how to play against him now and they are mostly successful at nullifying him. I wonder what Championship team will take a punt on him? Can see him going to a Watford or Sunderland type team, maybe get a shot at the Premier League if he gets promoted. 

5 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

VAR was never overturning the decision. There’s a clear push from Morelos, even though Johnston did make it look worse than it was.

The not much in it,two players are as bad as each other argument doesn't stand up in a clear and obvious error for Var to get involved. 
Plus Beale and the captain coming out after the game saying it hit Jota's hand is a clear narrative.  

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Plus Beale and the captain coming out after the game saying it hit Jota's hand is a clear narrative.  

A Celtic fan talking about another team having a clear narrative around refereeing decisions? A team who’s fans claim institutional bias against them on an almost weekly basis, who have club employees writing the foreword for a book called ‘Anyone But Celtic’ (lol) and ex-players in the media spouting nonsense about decisions going against Celtic after almost every game. A bit of self awareness wouldn’t go amiss. 

9 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Another case of Old Firm big wigs playing to the most loathsome part of the gallery.

Can argue all day it was a soft decision (I personally think it should have stood) but we all know, and everyone connected with Rangers knows, why Clancy disallowed that goal. And why VAR didnt overturn it.

"Demanding answers" as to why side A didnt get a clearly subjective decision in their favour is pathetic.

Grow up ffs.

In real time Clancy could have seen it as a push, 60,000 celtic fans screaming at him may or may not have helped that decision. 

The pressure that the VAR teams have been under this season from celtic and the media doesn't help, they know that they'll have weeks of hassle if celtic don't like a decision. 

Rather a club than asking for a explanation,  the SFA should allow refs to explain decisions in either interviews or a report on their website.