Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Dafty.  You post so much about me that it gets worrying.

As a Rangers fan living in England, you're lashing out a bit.  Never mind you have a cup semi final and the King's Coronation to celebrate soon. 👍

2 minutes ago, GTee said:

As a Rangers fan living in England, you're lashing out a bit.  Never mind you have a cup semi final and the King's Coronation to celebrate soon. 👍

And thankfully 99.9% of the UK cares not one jot about either. 👍

No auditors want to touch the Nats with a barge pole but don't worry, says Humza.

Interesting to see which of the DWTGs will take exception to this post and do their usual, "Aye but" dross.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Nothing pal. My niece and her husband live close to Bournemouth. Had a good get together recently. Two of my closest pals are Rangers fans. Got family in Renfrewshire. St. Mirren and Rangers fans. 

Anyway 2-0 the sheep 🇦🇹😄👍

5 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

The Gincardine has to post uber staunch made up Bitnattery or his successful pals down the golf club wouldn't let him carry one of their golf bags at the weekly 4 ball scramble. 

Would he even have time? He seems to spend it all obsessively hunting down Twitter stuff to post on here which literally nobody gives a f**k about. A truly bizarre and somewhat sad existence tbh. 

36 minutes ago, Benjamin_Nevis said:

Would he even have time? He seems to spend it all obsessively hunting down Twitter stuff to post on here which literally nobody gives a f**k about. A truly bizarre and somewhat sad existence tbh. 

If it wasn’t for the likes of him, this place would just be Nats agreeing with each other about how the public won’t find any of this worrying because they all want independence.

He’s one of the current stars of the P&B Politics Forum as the token Yoon.

Perhaps worth getting this back on topic after Kinkys hilarious detour.

Its now almost 3 weeks since Murrell was arrested.

What the f**k are Police Scotland and the COPFS up to?

They seem to have moved from searching premises and briefing the BBC about "massive fraud" to leaking stories to the Sunday Mail about (seriously !!) SIM cards.

They had 2 years of investigations before "the search" and - assuming some degree of competence - I kinda thought they must know broadly what they are looking for and were just dotting the i's before charging someone.

The longer this goes on, the more it has police cockup written all over it.

Don't get why it's taken 2 years but they've only had 3 weeks to go through all the van loads of boxes they took away from the house and SNP HQ, I doubt they have a big team of forensic accountants.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Don't get why it's taken 2 years but they've only had 3 weeks to go through all the van loads of boxes they took away from the house and SNP HQ, I doubt they have a big team of forensic accountants.

Without trying to be smart - if the £600k was in a bank account (which it was) then all they need to do is get the detail of where that money was moved to - and the banks or other financial organisations actually perform that work.

If it has then been moved on outside the banking system, unless its been moved into cash or gold (or a caravan !!) its not that tricky or that big a case - they are used to chasing drug dealers cash.

They surely just need to determine if the money has been used legally or not?

9 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Without trying to be smart - if the £600k was in a bank account (which it was) then all they need to do is get the detail of where that money was moved to - and the banks or other financial organisations actually perform that work.

If it has then been moved on outside the banking system, unless its been moved into cash or gold (or a caravan !!) its not that tricky or that big a case - they are used to chasing drug dealers cash.

They surely just need to determine if the money has been used legally or not?

If it was only about the £600k I don't think it would have taken 2 years even if they weren't getting cooperation from Murrell and HQ. 

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Without trying to be smart 

You’re certainly not giving the impression you know the first thing about investigations anyway. 
Without commenting on the specifics of the investigation (which I have no insider insight into) Fraud and financial crime is amongst the most complex types of crime to investigate and prove. Its no where near as simple as you seem to allege every time you make a jibe about apparent police incompetence. The search and most probably the entire investigation will be led or directed by a fiscal. Warrants such as those executed must pass through a senior police officer, a procurator fiscal and a sheriff to establish the parameters, limitations and reasons for the search.
3 weeks is no where near enough time to review years of financial data and conclude an investigation, especially if they need to then look at further bank accounts/premises or financial information. Every bank account is a separate warrant, every credit card is a separate warrant, every premises is a separate warrant. You can sound off in the echo chamber of ‘the polis are pure shite because they’d get this done on the bill in 45 minutes’ but really just makes you look like you havent got a clue what you’re talking about. 

Yeah, proving fraud is easy because fraudsters just move money from one account called "Big Legitimate Business Account' to another account marked "Cocaine, Hookers and Big Fancy Motorhomes".  What's taking them so long to wrap this up?

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You’re certainly not giving the impression you know the first thing about investigations anyway. 
Without commenting on the specifics of the investigation (which I have no insider insight into) Fraud and financial crime is amongst the most complex types of crime to investigate and prove. Its no where near as simple as you seem to allege every time you make a jibe about apparent police incompetence. The search and most probably the entire investigation will be led or directed by a fiscal. Warrants such as those executed must pass through a senior police officer, a procurator fiscal and a sheriff to establish the parameters, limitations and reasons for the search.
3 weeks is no where near enough time to review years of financial data and conclude an investigation, especially if they need to then look at further bank accounts/premises or financial information. Every bank account is a separate warrant, every credit card is a separate warrant, every premises is a separate warrant. You can sound off in the echo chamber of ‘the polis are pure shite because they’d get this done on the bill in 45 minutes’ but really just makes you look like you havent got a clue what you’re talking about. 

Exactly, a friend of mine is a Forensic Accountant with HMRC, he’s said that it can literally take years to prosecute major tax fraud and even simple cases can take months.