Nicola Sturgeon Arrested, Peter Murrell Charged

Lex

1 minute ago, budmiester1 said:

Exactly, a friend of mine is a Forensic Accountant with HMRC, he’s said that it can literally take years to prosecute major tax fraud and even simple cases can take months.

Sounds like a typical civil servant. Making the job last as long as possible! 😂 

12 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Exactly, a friend of mine is a Forensic Accountant with HMRC, he’s said that it can literally take years to prosecute major tax fraud and even simple cases can take months.

Your friend being an actual expert cant have anywhere near the insight of some of the folks on here though. I remember waiting 6 months for a financial warrant, which then had to be reviewed in English courts because most banks HQ’s (and thus the place the warrant is executed) are in England. But i mean 3 weeks….

25 minutes ago, Molotov said:

I’d quite fancy a motorhome to tour Scotland. 

Do any P&Bers have a motorhome that could share their experience?

Perhaps this is not the place to discuss such matters.

Is there a thread on the forum that discusses such things?

I know you're being tongue in cheek, but in all seriousness I'd love to tour the Shetland Islands in a motorhome.

I refuse to ever step foot in Lerwick's Queens Hotel again.

1 hour ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

I know you're being tongue in cheek, but in all seriousness I'd love to tour the Shetland Islands in a motorhome.

I refuse to ever step foot in Lerwick's Queens Hotel again.

I worked up in Shetland during the late 1970s and actually lived in the Queens Hotel for nearly 9 months.

Happiest days of my life.

:)

I see @The_Kincardine has escaped the "surly bonds" of Pie & Bovril to take a place on a bigger stage.  Or, at least, his Ayrshire doppelganger is reciting his arguments/assertions.

.https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/apr/24/there-is-no-convincing-case-for-scottish-independence

There is no legal case. The UK is a unitary state formed with the agreement of all parties in the Act of Union and its legal status has never been challenged.  

3 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You’re certainly not giving the impression you know the first thing about investigations anyway. 
Without commenting on the specifics of the investigation (which I have no insider insight into) Fraud and financial crime is amongst the most complex types of crime to investigate and prove. Its no where near as simple as you seem to allege every time you make a jibe about apparent police incompetence. The search and most probably the entire investigation will be led or directed by a fiscal. Warrants such as those executed must pass through a senior police officer, a procurator fiscal and a sheriff to establish the parameters, limitations and reasons for the search.
3 weeks is no where near enough time to review years of financial data and conclude an investigation, especially if they need to then look at further bank accounts/premises or financial information. Every bank account is a separate warrant, every credit card is a separate warrant, every premises is a separate warrant. You can sound off in the echo chamber of ‘the polis are pure shite because they’d get this done on the bill in 45 minutes’ but really just makes you look like you havent got a clue what you’re talking about. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Your friend being an actual expert cant have anywhere near the insight of some of the folks on here though. I remember waiting 6 months for a financial warrant, which then had to be reviewed in English courts because most banks HQ’s (and thus the place the warrant is executed) are in England. But i mean 3 weeks….

You are right, I don't have much experience of forensic investigation, but thanks for your patronising response, cuntybaws.

5 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

You are right, I don't have much experience of forensic investigation, but thanks for your patronising response, cuntybaws.

So its ok for you to spout off with absolutely zero experience about how ‘the plod’ are incompetent, with zero insight into the investigation or how the investigation of financial crime works but im the one being patronising? 
Aye good one.

16 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

So its ok for you to spout off with absolutely zero experience about how ‘the plod’ are incompetent, with zero insight into the investigation or how the investigation of financial crime works but im the one being patronising? 
Aye good one.

Aye settle doon there PCCabe 

Can we please stop derailing the thread with facts, knowledge and accurate police procedural information. 

Scurrilous rumours, innuendo and MI5 or Sturgeon establishment rumours only thank you.

1 hour ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I worked up in Shetland during the late 1970s and actually lived in the Queens Hotel for nearly 9 months.

Happiest days of my life.

:)

Was this about the time of the classic Floyd album The Wall?

Great lead in track. 

14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

No auditors want to touch the Nats with a barge pole but don't worry, says Humza.

There's a national shortage of auditors at the moment so it's unsurprising that no one wants to take on a high profile, difficult, wee job with shite records. It obviously isn't a great look for the party but it's also not any sort of condemnation. 

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

38 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Aye good one.

Some laugh trying to defend the competence of the police force and their procedures, when at the exact same time informing us all that it can take over 6 months just to get a warrant. Doesn't sound particularly efficient, or dare I say competent, to me.

22 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Some laugh trying to defend the competence of the police force and their procedures, when at the exact same time informing us all that it can take over 6 months just to get a warrant. Doesn't sound particularly efficient, or dare I say competent, to me.

Which would be a reasonable point if it was the police who process the warrant applications. (Its not). There are massive inefficiencies all through the justice sector, no where near enough PF’s to get through the backlogs.

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Ian Blackford and Steven Flynn at it now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65389829

I didn't realise that the SNP MP group could lose out on millions of government short funds if they don't get their books audited.

I think its possible to get an extension but not sure the criteria for getting that, everyone is throwing each other under the campervan now

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Being called out for talking obvious shite is not patronising at all, but I wouldn't worry yourself too much about that. 

3 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Glad to hear it!

It must have been before the carpets became all damp and squelchy 😜

No, they were damp and squelchy at that time too.

I didn't mind though, at that time in my life.

In fact, I probably contributed a lot to their damp and squelchyness!