Jambos v Buddies 8th April

Jambos must be too busy protesting and spraying graffiti and haven’t started a match thread. 
Motherwell were on a poor run until we visited so hopefully we won’t be as accommodating this time and learned our lesson, don’t see why we can’t get something from this game but that would be an unstmirreny thing to do. 

1-1 both by VAR. 

Must win for us or Neilson is in soapy bubble. The pressure from the crowd will be immense. 

We are a different team at home and St Mirren don't travel well so I think we'll win this narrowly.

However, St Mirren's gameplan couldn't be simpler. Sit in for 20 minutes, don't concede and watch the crowd turn. If that happens I'll interested to see what players have the balls to deal with it.

This game is also made harder with the fact we will likely have Ross Stewart in goals who so far has a 100% loss record when he's played.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

This game is also made harder with the fact we will likely have Ross Stewart in goals who so far has a 100% loss record when he's played.

Stewart is a bit of an unknown quantity, he couldn't get a league game for St Mirren when he was with us, one League Cup and three Challenge Cup games only. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Really not much between the sides in that double header earlier in the season and we were arguably unlucky to only come away with one point from six. Everything does point to a hearts narrow win but I fancy us to give them a game.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Must win for us or Neilson is in soapy bubble. The pressure from the crowd will be immense. 

We are a different team at home and St Mirren don't travel well so I think we'll win this narrowly.

However, St Mirren's gameplan couldn't be simpler. Sit in for 20 minutes, don't concede and watch the crowd turn. If that happens I'll interested to see what players have the balls to deal with it.

This def swings it in St Mirren's favour.

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Stewart is a bit of an unknown quantity, he couldn't get a league game for St Mirren when he was with us, one League Cup and three Challenge Cup games only. 

He was honking at Livi, couldn't believe Hearts signed him, even if it was just for back up.

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You say that, he's pretty known to me. Absolutely minging in every game he's played bar 1. Sold goals to Brora, East Fife, Queen of the South,  Motherwell & St Johnstone.

He seems like a nice guy, is on peanuts by all accounts and is 3rd choice. But I'd sooner pick a youngster like Harry Stone.

If we win this we go one point behind our hosts. Livingston, Hibs and Aberdeen all have winnable games this weekend too.  Hearts could end the weekend just three points ahead of 7th spot.

I never thought they were part of the top six crunch, but they could be come Sunday evening. They couldn’t end up in the bottom six, could they?

Nah, our away form is brutal, and hard to see that changing here.

2-1

6 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

This def swings it in St Mirren's favour.

He was honking at Livi, couldn't believe Hearts signed him, even if it was just for back up.

Fair enough. Hope we pile the pressure on, then. We're not really a 'bombard the keeper' sort of side but it's got to be worth a go.

We probably should've taken a point at Tynecastle earlier in the season, and as Hearts aren't in decent form, we should be going into this confident we can take something.

All that said, our away form has been dreadful and Hearts are third in the league for a reason. A point would be a decent result and hopefully enough to keep us top 6 for now. 

A performance similar to last showing at Tynecastle would be nice. If we do that, we've a fair crack at coming away with something.

We were also a bit decimated in terms of injury and suspension last time if I remember. We should pretty much be at full strength this time out though with Gallagher hopefully back, leaving Tait and Ayunga as our only absentees both with their long term injuries.

17 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

A performance similar to last showing at Tynecastle would be nice. If we do that, we've a fair crack at coming away with something.

We were also a bit decimated in terms of injury and suspension last time if I remember. We should pretty much be at full strength this time out though with Gallagher hopefully back, leaving Tait and Ayunga as our only absentees both with their long term injuries.

Were Hearts not decimated at the time as well? Seem to remember us both being a bit bare bones. Our situation has definitely improved though; not sure about theirs, aside from the obvious GK issue.

Like LIVIFOREVER, I was amazed when Hearts signed Ross Stewart. He wasn’t very good for us and I recall him playing in a 5-0 defeat at Firhill when Jack Ross was in charge. Jack signed two Ross Stewarts on the same day and Stubbs let the other one, the tall striker with huge potential, move to County to make way for his very poor signings from south of the border. Maybe Hearts just signed the wrong Ross Stewart. It’s surely make or break time for the young goalie. Good luck to him, but just not on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Kempes said:

Like LIVIFOREVER, I was amazed when Hearts signed Ross Stewart. He wasn’t very good for us and I recall him playing in a 5-0 defeat at Firhill when Jack Ross was in charge. Jack signed two Ross Stewarts on the same day and Stubbs let the other one, the tall striker with huge potential, move to County to make way for his very poor signings from south of the border. Maybe Hearts just signed the wrong Ross Stewart. It’s surely make or break time for the young goalie. Good luck to him, but just not on 

He's not that young. 27 according to Wikipedia. Noticeably younger than me and still plenty years left as a goalie right enough.

He's been at about half a dozen clubs and other than a couple of years at Albion Rovers he's never established himself. He probably needs a run of games to get any sort of consistency, but if you look ropey when you do play you'll never get that.

I'd say I feel a bit sorry for him but he's probably on about £50k a year for training from 10 til 3 five days a week. Sounds alright to me.

I'm not sure Hearts have quite reached the depths we're capable of.  With Ross Stewart in goals we have a chance.

Hearts 0 - 2 St Mirren (Pitch invasion and general riotous behaviour, however the Hearts fans will be well behaved ;)

I was convinced St Mirren v Ferrantibank last week had 1-1 written all over it. This week, my strong gut feeling is a narrow, hugely disappointing, 1-0 or 2-1 loss to Hearts at Tynecastle. Having got it wrong last time then, all set this week for a rousing 0-2 easy the Mirren win, and our romp to ‘comfortably finishing third’ is well and truly on. Top 6 Tony T Shirts printed, and it’s off to Total Network Solutions in the sixth qualifying round of the Interbollocks European UEFA TinPot Challenge League for us. Win that, and we’ll only have ten qualifying rounds to go to get to the qualifiers that qualify you for the group stage qualifiers…

0-2. Torfason & Stickroth.

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

Are there any family friendly pubs near Haymarket that serve grub, or will everywhere be overrun by hordes of neanderthal Old Firm fans watching the bigotfest?

The Haymarket bar itself does food and is usually a mix of fans with no bother. Kids have to be in the restaurant bit rather than the main bar, but not sure that's an issue if eating anyway. Platform 5 allows kids as well, but will be busy for the football so would need to get there early. If you're happy to go a bit closer to Tynie Pizzeria 1926 is good.