Motherwell v Livi - 08/04/23

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

That's me about ready to head through to the game, just checking i've got the roofies for Van Veen when i buy him a drink in the Cooper suite.

It seems to be working, did you get a pint?

6 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Can't understand how O'Donnell didn't get a red for that challenge on Brandon....foot is high and studs are up...we've had red cards for less this season

Because we're massive.

Just in, sublime in parts. We took our foot off the gas expecting Livi to come out the traps in the 2nd half but they were toothless. We could and should have been on the scoresheet a lot more but seemed content to play it out and give some minutes to the guys on the bench.

Van Veen should have had his hat trick, some of the chasing down he does is mental, he just seems to have a 6th sense which ones are worth going for and inevitably is correct. 

Blair Spittal was outstanding. Some great runs and set up play and could have been on the scoreboard himself but for some last ditch Livi defending.

Worrying that Butcher went off in 2nd half (not Casey like the announcer said) and hopefully it's just a precaution.

Livi were very poor and their confidence seems pretty shot. We know how that looks and feels. Onwards and upwards. 

I thought we were a bit shot shy, especially in the second half.

Young Furlong has certainly come on since his first couple of games.  I expected to see McKinstry rather than O’Donnell or Slattery, it would have been a good use of the squad. Lamie got his ‘turn’, McKinstry did not.

Honestly like watching a different team. Nice day out in the sunshine, and the novelty of not having the fear Livi might score 4 in the last 20 minutes due to some unpredictable shambles at the back. It’s been said before, but we look so much better now we’ve sorted out the defence, it’s like the whole team have relaxed.  

At the risk of sounding like a bit ‘yer da’, I still can’t get on board with how many subs you can make in a game.  Fairly minor point, but one I feel comfortable to make now we’re less shite and can discuss other things. 

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Incredible how difficult we made football look for 6 months.

It's something we've asked before but what the f**k was Hammell doing?

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Can't understand how O'Donnell didn't get a red for that challenge on Brandon....foot is high and studs are up...we've had red cards for less this season

I 100% agree, I couldn't believe there wasn't an obvious VAR review. 

However...

1 hour ago, thisGRAEME said:

Because we're massive.

He's right.

Livi are honkin. We could have got ourselves into positive goal difference if we’d kept at it. 

Van Veen is superb yet idiot next to me still shouted abuse when his name got read out pre match. 

Looked like butcher was sat on the bench after he got taken off with his foot in a cooler so I guess that’s not great. 

3 hours ago, ropy said:

I thought we were a bit shot shy, especially in the second half.

Young Furlong has certainly come on since his first couple of games.  I expected to see McKinstry rather than O’Donnell or Slattery, it would have been a good use of the squad. Lamie got his ‘turn’, McKinstry did not.

We just don't play with wingers just now and that's limited his appearances. I would also argue Spitall has done more this season.

Edited by Well Well

1 hour ago, Well Well said:

Just in, sublime in parts. We took our foot off the gas expecting Livi to come out the traps in the 2nd half but they were toothless. We could and should have been on the scoresheet a lot more but seemed content to play it out and give some minutes to the guys on the bench.

Van Veen should have had his hat trick, some of the chasing down he does is mental, he just seems to have a 6th sense which ones are worth going for and inevitably is correct. 

Blair Spittal was outstanding. Some great runs and set up play and could have been on the scoreboard himself but for some last ditch Livi defending.

Worrying that Butcher went off in 2nd half (not Casey like the announcer said) and hopefully it's just a precaution.

Livi were very poor and their confidence seems pretty shot. We know how that looks and feels. Onwards and upwards. 

A good day at the office. I agree re Spittal. Thought he was excellent. Ran all day long and can play as well. 

Everyone played well apart from maybe Mandron who just added very little other than being a big unit. Saw Obika after the game. He said his hamstring should be fully repaired in time to score the winning goal at Parkhead to seal our top 6 place. 

What a difference a solid and dependable defence makes. Although Kelly had little to do he still looked more confident doing it. 

58 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

Van Veen is superb yet idiot next to me still shouted abuse when his name got read out pre match. 

You will get stubborn folk like this. I'm sure we've all seen seasons where our top scorer was Owen Coyle on 8 goals etc. Considering we were shite for 5 months it's unreal that KVV has 22 (twenty two) goals. 

2 hours ago, Well Well said:

I've had no problem all year with Blair Spittal. I can see what folks complaints were but again his "stats" have always been decent and I like him.