Livingston vs St Johnstone - Saturday 15 April 2023

3 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

What shape do you reckon Martindale has gone with? I’d have assumed a 442 but you’ll know better than me

George

Devlin  -  Fitzwater  -  Boyes  -  Montano

Holt  -  Shinnie

Bradley  -  Kelly  -  Nouble

Anderson

Will be something like that, Bradley and Nouble could be on opposite sides but they might switch during the game anyway. Also a chance it's more of a flat midfield 3.

4-4-2 is possible though with Bradley and Shinnie out wide, but would like to think he'll go back to the shape that had us performing well a few months ago.

Edited by LiviLion

2 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

George

Devlin  -  Fitzwater  -  Boyes  -  Montano

Holt  -  Shinnie

Bradley  -  Kelly  -  Nouble

Anderson

Will be something like that, Bradley and Nouble could be on opposite sides but they might switch during the game anyway. Also a chance it's more of a flat midfield 3.

4-4-2 is possible though with Bradley and Shinnie out wide, but would like to think he'll go back to the shape that had us performing well a few months ago.

Managed to totally forget about Nouble playing out wide, for some reason. Lineup makes much more sense now!

33 minutes ago, Steve McQueen said:

Not actually sure the change of shape was needed away from home just a bit more attacking intent.

Fail today & it'll be back to 5 at the back next week at home.

Success  today & it'll still be 5 at the back next week.

49 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Drey Wright defending v Nouble gives me the fear

Me too. I’m delighted to see us try the 4 at the back but always reckoned the obvious choice would be Brown at RB with Wright in front in a 4 man midfield.

Drey at right back in a 4 feels like we’re playing to his weaknesses rather than his strengths (getting forward).

Still, small steps and all that..

16 minutes ago, INDICATOR said:

Success  today & it'll still be 5 at the back next week.

Itll be 3-4-3

He'll see the benefit of wingers today but want to play his back 3/5

2 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

Still, small steps and all that..

Not really.

This the 2nd time this season things have gotten so bad hes just chucked a back 4 at it out of panic, and undoubtedly we'll just end up returning to this stage in the future again.

The issue isnt the back 3/4/5, its the fact he cant set a team up to make the most of what he has or exploit opponents weaknesses. Is a line up with Wright at RB and May a lone striker doing that today?