How's your nerves? SMFC vs KFC 22/4/23

10 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

Is this a complete sell out, yet? I understand John Needham was confident Killie would sell out their allocation?

We had sold 1200 by lunchtime todey. If we don't sell out then we won't be far off it.

Remarkable we've even got close to selling out given how brutally bad we are away from home.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We had sold 1200 by lunchtime todey. If we don't sell out then we won't be far off it.

Remarkable we've even got close to selling out given how brutally bad we are away from home.

I alluded to it in a previous post - it’s because your team are in a perilous position, and you are rallying around your team in numbers. I don’t like your playing surface, but, that aside, (insert birthday caird’ pish)… hope you stay up.

18 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I alluded to it in a previous post - it’s because your team are in a perilous position, and you are rallying around your team in numbers. I don’t like your playing surface, but, that aside, (insert birthday caird’ pish)… hope you stay up.

Sanctimonious bullshit. Its because we're fucking massive, that's why.

I retract my earlier pessimism. We're smashing this on Saturday.

1 minute ago, Estragon said:

In all seriousness, arguably the seventh biggest club in Scotland: Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee Utd & then Kilmarnock. Quite an accolade given the size of the town. 

2 minutes ago, Estragon said:

Have a greenie. Cheeky kunt. Hope you get relegated…. Down with the Morton, you’re going down with the Morton… 😎

12 hours ago, pozbaird said:

We have taken big crowds all season despite being pish.  

Us taking 1500 to Paisley is not unusual, it's the norm. 

We are somehow still taking big crowds away from home, have done all season, it's April and we have 2 points away from home. 

Edited by Squirrelhumper

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We have taken big crowds all season despite being pish.  

Us taking 1500 to Paisley is not unusual, it's the norm. 

We are somehow still taking big crowds away from home, have done all season, it's April and we have 2 points away from home. 

Have you sold 1,500 tickets? Do you know how many have been sold?

12 hours ago, Estragon said:

Big club, big stadium always huge spaces with empty seats . Much rather be a wee diddy club with a wee diddy stadium that does not look empty. 

35 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Big club, big stadium always huge spaces with empty seats . Much rather be a wee diddy club with a wee diddy stadium that does not look empty. 

Tbf I mainly base how my club performs on the pitch rather than support. Which is utter shite just now but in my 30 odd years of going we've been relegated once, Europe 5 times, 2 cup wins and umpteen top six finishes. 

Unfortunately we're rank rotten just now but can't complain overall.

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Tbf I mainly base how my club performs on the pitch rather than support. Which is utter shite just now but in my 30 odd years of going we've been relegated once, Europe 5 times, 2 cup wins and umpteen top six finishes. 

Unfortunately we're rank rotten just now but can't complain overall.

St Mirren and Kilmarnock have local “rivals” that over the last 50years have struggled to even establish themselves in the top flight yet would argue that they are somehow better. 

I started watching St Mirren in the mid 70s and enjoyed the glory decade between 77-87.

I think around that time Kilmarnock were very much a yo-yo club.

Hopefully we will look back on a period in the future where 2023 sees the Saints back into Europe once more 😂 

Was convinced Killie would win this. Horrendous away form, St Mirren with a big crowd, the inevitable St Mirren top 6 bottle job. 

Killie fans starting the "we're a massive club" chat has changed that. The footballing gods hate that chat from no mark clubs and they get punished accordingly.

A 4-0 St Mirren win now.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Was convinced Killie would win this. Horrendous away form, St Mirren with a big crowd, the inevitable St Mirren top 6 bottle job. 

Killie fans starting the "we're a massive club" chat has changed that. The footballing gods hate that chat from no mark clubs and they get punished accordingly.

A 4-0 St Mirren win now.

I don't think anyone has said we're a massive club. I certainly haven't. 

Our stadium is too big, same way yours is too small but we're both stick with them.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I don't think anyone has said we're a massive club. I certainly haven't. 

Our stadium is too big, same way yours is too small but we're both stick with them.

Our ground has sold out about half a dozen times. It might not be the most aesthetically pleasing place, but I'm not sure it could genuinely be argued that it is too small.

There is also the option to fill in the corners if needs be. Some positive aspects of having a stadium the size of SMP is that maintenance costs are manageable,  it can generate a decent atmosphere when packed out, and we can earn revenue from its use for U21 games and women's matches, etc.