Famous/notorious blow-ins to Scotland

1 hour ago, sophia said:

Tilda Swinton who I've undertaken extensive research on (a quick scan down a Wikipedia page) was born in London, is really posh (classmates with Diana Spencer) and lives in Nairn 

When I die, I’d like my ashes scattered on Nairn beach. Preferably on the windiest part (between the ice cream shop/paddling pool and the harbour). Who knows where I’d end up? Maybe Cromarty, maybe Norway. I’d scatter happily knowing I’d set off from Nairn beach, a truly magical place. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

Terry Butcher quite liked us, no? Fair play to the big guy. Never liked the team he signed for, but would have loved him in my team. Captain of England, but well respected here I think. As I say, fair play.

Edited by pozbaird

Johnny Haynes did live in Edinburgh and watched Hearts. He was knocked over by a car unfortunately in the West of Edinburgh and died as a result which I thought was a shame.

Gareth Thomas of Blake's 7 fame latterly settled in the Borders and was part of the Brunton Theatre company- I saw him in a production of Twelfth Night there 

17 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Isn't there some Danish* family (total c***s) who own large swathes of Scotland? Can't remember their name but they should be subject to a compulsory purchase order with the price being £1.

*could be any of those countries in that area

It's the family of the bloke that invented Tetrapak, it made billions, but can't remember the name of family.

Fred Olsen of the cruise company has a big chunk of Dumfries & Galloway, I know this as I was banging the gamekeepers wife for a bit, but that another story for another day. 

17 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Isn't there some Danish* family (total c***s) who own large swathes of Scotland? Can't remember their name but they should be subject to a compulsory purchase order with the price being £1.

*could be any of those countries in that area

Aye, they own loads of the Highlands/Cairngorms. I'm sure all their kids were killed in a terrorist attack or a big accident somewhere. 

12 hours ago, sophia said:

Tilda Swinton who I've undertaken extensive research on (a quick scan down a Wikipedia page) was born in London, is really posh (classmates with Diana Spencer) and lives in Nairn 

Typical Nairn burd?

11 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

Fred West lived a few places up here, including Coatbridge.

I saw a trailer for a documentary about Fred West's life in Glasgow and one of the contributors had the line "I'm not saying where I grew up was rough but Fred West drove my local ice cream van."

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I saw a trailer for a documentary about Fred West's life in Glasgow and one of the contributors had the line "I'm not saying where I grew up was rough but Fred West drove my local ice cream van."

He knocked down and killed a kid in it. I believe it was an accident.