Relegation from Lowland league

Lord Elron 44

23 hours ago, zenon said:

Still, that's another money grabbing diddy flushed away. 

Just to be pedantic; star readjust 'diddies' as they constantly voted against the weans. No idea how they voted on pro/rel to the tier 6 Leagues. 

Not sure what we are calling these teams.

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Unlicensed teams can't go up to the Lowland League.   How the powers that be deal with that issue is one of several things to be sorted before 23/24 season kicks off.   

For me the BIG question is do clubs HAVE to play in the Conference in 24/25.   There sounds like very little enthusiasm from the Highlands.  Do the top 2 HL and top 5 LL clubs  HAVE to move to the conference to play v the 3 B teams.   If the HL teams can say "no" then potentially you have 7 LL teams heading up to the conference.  

There are just so many unknowns just now.   

Plenty of teams out there willing to step forward if the HL teams aren't interested.

Just now, welshbairn said:

You could at least have a shower first! 

A shower? Watch your language my friend.

Horse crap is totally natural so probs good for my old skin.

Unlicensed teams can't go up to the Lowland League.   How the powers that be deal with that issue is one of several things to be sorted before 23/24 season kicks off.   

For me the BIG question is do clubs HAVE to play in the Conference in 24/25.   There sounds like very little enthusiasm from the Highlands.  Do the top 2 HL and top 5 LL clubs  HAVE to move to the conference to play v the 3 B teams.   If the HL teams can say "no" then potentially you have 7 LL teams heading up to the conference.  

There are just so many unknowns just now.   

Why would any idiotic lowland team want to go to the conference league to play against 4 B teams and 2 Highland teams, its going to be horrendous.  The 3 B teams will be Celtic, Rangers and Hearts but who will be the fourth, Hibs or Aberdeen?.  Basically a 10 team league where 4 teams don't count in relegation or promotion, lolol,  what a load of crap

If my teams was in the Lowland league and they were moving up to the conference, i don't think i would be happy or feel comfortable about it and doubt id be at many games.
How will they chose who goes up to the Conference league, is the top 4 lowland teams to go up and they must also have the correct criteria to do so, ie, floodlights at a certain wattage strength

Very sad to see Star being relegated. Had many great away days and honoured to be first team under new floodlights.  Always treated so well, excellent people, Kenny Murray take a special bow. Absolutely sure you will regroup and return. 

50 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

As far as I'm aware, no team has voted on the conference league in the Lowlands and Highlands leagues
The vote was for three B teams, (Rangers, Hearts, Celtic), to play 23/24 season and the vote was 10 / 5 FOR

Correct.......and it's worth mentioning that the vote took place having been advised that in the event of a NO vote the threat was to bring in the conference for 23/24.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

As far as I'm aware, no team has voted on the conference league in the Lowlands and Highlands leagues
The vote was for three B teams, (Rangers, Hearts, Celtic), to play 23/24 season and the vote was 10 / 5 FOR

Who in the LL would be against the Conference?

41 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Who in the LL would be against the Conference?

None of us really know so we cannot comment as its all just guesswork unless a team publicly state as such, everything is guesswork
but teams must have the balls to say it because if not, they are screwing their own fans who haven't got a clue how their team is voting

Correct.......and it's worth mentioning that the vote took place having been advised that in the event of a NO vote the threat was to bring in the conference for 23/24.

yeah if they were going to put the conference through, why ask the Lowland league and the Highland League. Chairman Brown I think has been knobbled and told to push it through