National Conference League

edinabear

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

A thing that gets me is how far this is flying below the radar. A sniff around even Rangers, Celtic and Hearts forums says it's barely registering, yet they're talking about every club below the SPFL being dropped down a tier just to make space for 3 or 4 B teams in the middle of the pyramid, in their own tier with invited guests. It's totally bonkers but people are talking as if it's a done deal, what can you do? The Daily Mail are doing the Maxwell message on MSM, and Thomas Brown on social media, but that's it. 

Most ordinary fans of the 200 say clubs will know nothing about this.

Unless they look at the leagues next August and figure out their club in theory has been relegated down the way.

7 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Yet your club take the B club £ renting your ground, must be a boost to the promotion campaign this season. Your lot have probably made more off them than the LL clubs.

Divide and rule eh, we might be a bunch of spineless c***s, but look at them!

11 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Yet your club take the B club £ renting your ground, must be a boost to the promotion campaign this season. Your lot have probably made more off them than the LL clubs.

I wish I had someone who would take bullets for me the way Cowdenbeath fans are willing to for Ian Maxwell and his cronies.

2 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Right, let's kill that one stone dead.  There is not one Sons fan of my acquaintance who wants any sort of 'B' teams anywhere near our ground - that decision was taken by either our rogue of an owner (banned from all Directorships for twelve years) or the three-person rump of a club Board, or a combination of both.  Whatever.

As for boosting a promotion campaign, you must be joking.  Never mind six home league postponements due to the sate of the pitch, including the recent Stirling game which was played at the FIFTH attempt, any money made from the ground rental was pretty much wiped out by the failure of the owner to pay outstanding sponsorship monies.  A fucking disaster all round.

The sooner ALL clubs wean themselves off the drug of B' team money the better, and that's why that letter was submitted.

Has there been a date set for any vote on this nonsence the last time there was word of a vote on B teams turned out there never was one. At the time i got hold of our chairman and told him if it ever came about that b=teams got in the league i would not be returning to our games. That day i was going to be buying my season ticket, he was able to assure me that there was no plan to vote, as it turned out the spfl found little support for it sorather than lose face did not bother putting to clubs.. Have said right from the start if we let B-Teams into the league i will be finished with league games and just find a local team to watch. Has there ever been a beliveable reason given why the two biggest clubs in the countrty want to pit their players against part time jobbers 

Scottish football, and how every decision that is made within it, absolutely bamboozles me. The SFA only seem to put forward a plan that results in a negative solution for the majority of clubs. 

I can't for the life of me understand they don't sort the pyramid in a positive manner for the vast majority of clubs.

SPL - 12 teams (I get why it has to be).

Championship - 12 teams ( would mean no relegation, and 2 teams still promoted, therefore positivity).

League 1 - 20 teams ( basically joining league 1&2 together, I can't see the sense in 2 part time clubs visiting each other twice) this would mean no relagation from league football, and both HL & LL champions going up.

After this setup should remain at regions, but clubs would have to be promoted to make up league numbers, rather than relegation.

This would allow play offs within every level of the pyramid, more teams being relegated from every league, and more importantly more teams in with a chance of promotion.

The best example I can give is boness United, who's fans complained they had nothing to play for in January. This is the result of a one up (possibly at that) one down in an absolute joke of a boring league, who get what they wish for. 

Swallow some pride and follow the English way. Meaningless games in January don't help any league.

30 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Has there been a date set for any vote on this nonsence the last time there was word of a vote on B teams turned out there never was one. At the time i got hold of our chairman and told him if it ever came about that b=teams got in the league i would not be returning to our games. That day i was going to be buying my season ticket, he was able to assure me that there was no plan to vote, as it turned out the spfl found little support for it sorather than lose face did not bother putting to clubs.. Have said right from the start if we let B-Teams into the league i will be finished with league games and just find a local team to watch. Has there ever been a beliveable reason given why the two biggest clubs in the countrty want to pit their players against part time jobbers 

Yes it's to to be voted on at sfa agm. Apparently they are saying 4 colts teams but their could be more.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I wish I had someone who would take bullets for me the way Cowdenbeath fans are willing to for Ian Maxwell and his cronies.

Where are all these Cowden fans who support the B Teams ? I don’t and every fan I’ve seen doesn’t want them but dont let the truth get in the way of a good seethe.

44 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Where are all these Cowden fans who support the B Teams ? I don’t and every fan I’ve seen doesn’t want them but dont let the truth get in the way of a good seethe.

I haven't said they've supported the B teams, but Cowdenbeath fans have been by far the most vocal in sticking up for the people who are proposing and voting for them, including their own league and their own board.

2 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Fans need to start making some noise, and making their clubs board aware of their opposition to the proposed Conference. There's less than 6 weeks to the SFA AGM.

Someone has set-up a twitter account @NoToBTeams

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I haven't said they've supported the B teams, but Cowdenbeath fans have been by far the most vocal in sticking up for the people who are proposing and voting for them, including their own league and their own board.

Evidence ?

12 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Well given no one else has said they have voted for them it’s a bit rich to say Cowden fans have been the most vocal - everybody else’s fans are saying nothing much at all 

20 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Evidence ?

On 17/04/2023 at 21:13, The_Pit_Owns said:

If we didn't vote in favour of it then they were just going to go and form their own league and we would have lost the money and might have ended a league further away from League 2.

Voting them back in would have been the sensible thing to do. 

On 18/04/2023 at 20:29, Cowdenleith said:

I watched the whole meeting on zoom this evening, very interesting talk from everyone, including the Chairman.

I’ll let others go into details on certain issues if they so wish, but having heard the reasoning behind decisions made I for one am satisfied with what I heard and will leave it at that.

On 19/04/2023 at 07:54, Cowdenleith said:

I am willing to give the club the benefit of the doubt. Only time will tell if the proposed conference league will take place for 24/25 as has been suggested.   It appears to have been made clear that the SFA were not willing to have nowhere for the B teams to play in 23/24, and would have forced the conference to start immediately if the vote went against the B teams.

Believe that or not, but I am willing to accept the opinion of experienced administrators that work on behalf of Cowdenbeath rather than some internet randoms.