National Conference League

edinabear

34 minutes ago, Rosey_Posey said:

This new thing called Google. Type Scottish Conference League and click search then you’ll get a bunch of media articles and with a bit scrolling you’ll see a link to companies house on the first page of results.

Is that my newbie interrogation over now?

We all go through it. But it's not done with till @Burnieman has finished with you.

😏😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

Just joking boss, honest, scouts honour and all that.

5 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Also -

Is it a case of smoke and mirrors from this shower.

The way they tried bullying the LL clubs. God alone knows what they are feeding L1 & L2 clubs.

Wouldn't trust the SFA wi ma bus fare hame.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

If my fear becomes reality then it could mean the imposition of an extended SPFL to maybe 48 plus B teams.  Invites could of course go to stalwart defenders of the SPFL like Brechin, Berwick and Cowdenbeath. The drawbridge to the pyramid would then be pulled up.

Increasing the size of the SPFL would require a large level of approval from the existing SPFL clubs, which was presented as being one of the main barriers to setting up an "SPFL League 3" in the first place.

18 hours ago, craigkillie said:

What's your suggestion here? That they form a new division below the Highland League consisting of Fort William, Golspie Sutherland, Lochee United and Tayport playing each other 12 times each?

To be fair, that league still looks a lot more attractive than the Conference League. :D 

1 hour ago, Rosey_Posey said:

This new thing called Google. Type Scottish Conference League and click search then you’ll get a bunch of media articles and with a bit scrolling you’ll see a link to companies house on the first page of results.

It's a bit odd that you chose this thing to claim the conference as a done deal, as your first post. Where do you think the majority in favour of the conference is going to come from at the AGM? 

19 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

In HL we have no relegation because all of the champions below were ineligible for promotion; again, why are clubs taking part in a competition they can't or don't want to progress from? Who does this system benefit and how is it improving Scottish football in any way?

First of all, the pyramid isn't just about getting to tier 5 & higher. Plenty of clubs below that just want to find their level and in a pyramid that's perfectly possible. Also, the Highland Pyramid is very new, especially in the NRJFA & NCL facilities have always been considerably worse compared to the old East & West juniors, with clubs also often having fewer funds & volunteers. You can't expect loads of clubs to suddenly get licenses. These things need time and over time I'm sure more clubs will become eligible. 

1 hour ago, Rosey_Posey said:

There’s a wee group on here who feel like they are the guardians of the game, only their opinions are valid, they tend to round on people like a bunch of school playground bullies. 

You have clearly aroused their suspicion, just stand up to them. 😉

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The Pyramid leagues have attended least two meetings with the SFA and SPFL (first one only) in early March and again in late April where I'm sure the proposal was discussed.  To date, there has been little public response from the representatives present at those meetings, barring Thomas Brown's pet podcast interview with Official Catchup. There must have been some discussion with clubs in the background, but the failure of any League to oppose the proposal is worrying.

My fear now is that the SFA/SPFL will carry out their threat of imposing the new conference next season if the resolution fails to obtain a majority at the SFA AGM. Setting up an operating company is part of those preparations.

If my fear becomes reality then it could mean the imposition of an extended SPFL to maybe 48 plus B teams.  Invites could of course go to stalwart defenders of the SPFL like Brechin, Berwick and Cowdenbeath. The drawbridge to the pyramid would then be pulled up.

Let's hope I'm wrong.  

The East of Scotland league advised clubs of what they knew at the last general meeting a few weeks ago. They utterly oppose the Conference but there's nothing any of the tier 6 leagues can do other than advise those members with voting rights to vote against it.

The SFA cannot impose the Conference without it being passed at AGM.

18 hours ago, craigkillie said:

What is it you would like them to do? Magic 3, 5 or 7 new clubs out of thin air and force them to join the league?

What's your suggestion here? That they form a new division below the Highland League consisting of Fort William, Golspie Sutherland, Lochee United and Tayport playing each other 12 times each?

The non-licensed teams are playing in their division for the same reason every other team plays in a league in football, to try to win it.

19 teams involved and three nonsense 'B' teams that add nothing to the division; gee I wonder how they could change that to a league with an even number of teams? I'm truly stumped.

As for your birthday caird pish response on every team playing in a league in order to win it, there is no way you sincerely believe that every team in every league sets out trying to win their league. Utter nonsense.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

19 teams involved and three nonsense 'B' teams that add nothing to the division; gee I wonder how they could change that to a league with an even number of teams? I'm truly stumped.

As for your birthday caird pish response on every team playing in a league in order to win it, there is no way you sincerely believe that every team in every league sets out trying to win their league. Utter nonsense.

You were talking about the South of Scotland League having 13 teams, that was the league I was talking about.

Not every team in a league sets out to try and win it, but they certainly try to finish as high up as possible. And clearly the unlicensed champions did set out to win it, otherwise they wouldn't have, you know, won it.

2 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

There’s a wee group on here who feel like they are the guardians of the game, only their opinions are valid, they tend to round on people like a bunch of school playground bullies. 

You have clearly aroused their suspicion, just stand up to them. 😉

You must have really upset you know who to get a reddy for this post.

Welcome to thus particular not too insignificant club, our numbers grow regularly.

👍

24 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

You must have really upset you know who to get a reddy for this post.

Welcome to thus particular not too insignificant club, our numbers grow regularly.

👍

Oh it’s not the first time, he has a downvote button and is not afraid to use it. 🤣

1 minute ago, Cowdenleith said:

Oh it’s not the first time, he has a downvote button and is not afraid to use it. 🤣

What, do you mean he has the upvote one but chooses not to use it. That suggests it's a conscious thought to downvote. Does that mean that is a form of intelligence there.

😇😇😇😇

On 13/05/2023 at 13:16, Deanburn Dave said:

If this proposal is all about developing young players for Scotland why only 7 Scots required in starting line up.......surely that figure should be eleven.

At the very least, it should be seven Scots on the park for the full game.

10 hours ago, HorseyGhirl said:

What, do you mean he has the upvote one but chooses not to use it. That suggests it's a conscious thought to downvote. Does that mean that is a form of intelligence there.

😇😇😇😇

A serious question 're yer man.

Am I in the dark regards something about him?

Don't want to get into my own short history with him. He does get a bit personal at times, can't think of better phrasing.

Is the 'intelligence' a step too far. Was intended as a funny not as an insult.

Have nothing against yer man. Read his comments and agree with a number of them.

21 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

A serious question 're yer man.

Am I in the dark regards something about him?

Don't want to get into my own short history with him. He does get a bit personal at times, can't think of better phrasing.

Is the 'intelligence' a step too far. Was intended as a funny not as an insult.

Have nothing against yer man. Read his comments and agree with a number of them.

Mate God Love Ye got to admire your consistency.

Havent finished 're South West so we can look forward to trading reddys.

All the best. 🤙🤙