National Conference League

edinabear

2 minutes ago, amigan said:

Reserve team seems like a no brainer for younger players.  Not going to come up against any first team players in the lowland league, much more likely in the reserves.

A reserve league already exists, they should bugger off to that.

6 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Beale did raise a good point about reserve football and injured players. Maybe they should return to the reserve leagues but also maybe the SFA if they are so invested in the future should try and focus along with the SPFL on improving reserve football.

He hasn't raised a good point at all.

He's angling for the removal of age restrictions in the B teams to help him get and keep his overage players fit. That's not what they're supposed to be for - it's allegedly player development.

And he's even named Hagi and Matondo, non-Scots, as explicit examples.

I don't blame him for being self-serving. He's no interest in our national game or our leagues. There's half a chance he's accidentally helped, but his aim was very different from where most fans want to get to.

Edited by morrison

1 minute ago, morrison said:

He hasn't raised a good point at all.

He's angling for the removal of age restrictions in the B teams to help him get and keep his overage players fit. That's not what they're supposed to be for - it's allegedly player development.

And he's even named Hagi, a non-Scot, as an explicit example.

I don't blame him for being self-serving. He's no interest in our national game or our leagues. There's half a chance he's accidentally helped, but his aim was very different from where most fans want to get to.

He ripped apart the whole SFA justification for the Conference and B-teams in the Lowland League though. 

17 hours ago, peternapper said:

Who exactly get to vote on this nonsense, do Albion still have a vote when in the Lowland league or not. The main thing would be to clear the B-Teams out of a system they should never have been in.

Albion who?

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

He ripped apart the whole SFA justification for the Conference and B-teams in the Lowland League though. 

True. I did initially have a bit in about him accidentally helping the good guys, but decided I was rambling a bit so took it out.

6 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I'm sure Ianis Hagi getting a few games against Queens Park B and Brora is going to propel Scotland to glory in the 2030 World Cup.

If only Beale had the authority to give these guys more minutes in the 1st team.

This is a strawman argument and forgetting the Young scottish players 

2 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Really compelling stuff from Maxwell. Even at 91 seconds long it feels like he's waffling for most of it.

A couple of replies to that tweet stated that the Croatia League is getting rid of its B teams - is that true? If so it dismantles one of the main given examples supposedly justifying this dreadful CONference!

3 minutes ago, archieb said:

A couple of replies to that tweet stated that the Croatia League is getting rid of its B teams - is that true? If so it dismantles one of the main given examples supposedly justifying this dreadful CONference!

I don't know if it's outright, but after last season they lowered the height to Tier 3.

Dinamo Zagreb folded because of it.

Osijek were relegated anyway but kept their team together. They appear to be the only active B team in the top 4 tiers now.

48 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I don't know if it's outright, but after last season they lowered the height to Tier 3.

Dinamo Zagreb folded because of it.

Osijek were relegated anyway but kept their team together. They appear to be the only active B team in the top 4 tiers now.

Aye, that's the case as far as I can tell, and in any case I think it was less than 10 years ago the larger clubs were allowed B teams into the league system. Osijek II look like going down to tier 4 anyway this season.

It's as though the likes of Robert Prosinečki and Zvonimir Boban missed out somehow and would have been far better players if they'd only performed in the Croatian Fourth tier with a B side before being trusted for starts at a young age in the higher level.

Ian Maxwell would crumble if he had to debate his proposal with a couple of pundits from this board.

1 minute ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Aye, that's the case as far as I can tell, and in any case I think it was less than 10 years ago the larger clubs were allowed B teams into the league system. Osijek II look like going down to tier 4 anyway this season.

It's as though the likes of Robert Prosinečki and Zvonimir Boban missed out somehow and would have been far better players if they'd only performed in the Croatian Fourth tier with a B side before being trusted for starts at a young age in the higher level.

Ian Maxwell would crumble if he had to debate his proposal with a couple of pundits from this board.

Most of the bigger teams had pulled out before then anyway like Hajduk Split. A bit like in the Netherlands where only a handful have B teams and the rest ignored it. The fact they are still trying to get away with Italiy's one B team in Juventus as 7/10 Countries having B teams tells you all you need to know.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Most of the bigger teams had pulled out before then anyway like Hajduk Split. A bit like in the Netherlands where only a handful have B teams and the rest ignored it. The fact they are still trying to get away with Italiy's one B team in Juventus as 7/10 Countries having B teams tells you all you need to know.

Aye, and I read that Juventus II pay aroung a million pounds a season to take part: surely that's not true? It's lazy stuff in any case from Maxwell, his seven countries quoted all were relatively successful international sides quite easily without B sides.

Edited by Dundee Hibernian