Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

Positives

1 Caley-Old Firm plc (Celtic) Scottish Cup history. 3-1 to Caley.

2 Angry Pastor Cogburn and his players won't know much about Caley or how they play, at least, much less than the Spiffle Premier clubs they regularly hammer, anyway.

3 No pressure on Caley.

4 Angry Pastor Cogburn et al will publicly insist they won't underestimate Caley. But they will.

Saw a report that the SFA are considering rescheduling the final as a lunchtime kick off.  The FA Cup final is the same day and has been moved to a 3pm kick off due to the large volume of Manchester based fans travelling to the game.  Apparently Viaplay want to maximise viewers for the final and it might be moved to lunchtime or evening.

They can f**k off with this shite.  It was just some random website that reported it so will see how credible it is.

ETA - Seems like the Record etc are reporting it as well.  Absolutely pathetic.

Edited by ICTChris

The Sun are reporting it. Not going to link to it for obvious reasons but if people want to read the piece it's easy enough to find.

Hopefully it's a load of rubbish but I am fully expecting it to be true.

The Scottish and English cup finals have always been played the same day and time as far back as I can remember to the early 80s and probably before that as well, even when the satellite companies began showing it as well as council telly. 
The English, for whatever reason been playing it at 5.30 the last few years, absolutely scandalous if this is allowed and definitive proof that the SFA couldn't give a flying f**k about supporters and only the TV money

41 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Saw a report that the SFA are considering rescheduling the final as a lunchtime kick off.  The FA Cup final is the same day and has been moved to a 3pm kick off due to the large volume of Manchester based fans travelling to the game.  Apparently Viaplay want to maximise viewers for the final and it might be moved to lunchtime or evening.

They can f**k off with this shite.  It was just some random website that reported it so will see how credible it is.

ETA - Seems like the Record etc are reporting it as well.  Absolutely pathetic.

Also mentioned on Good Morning Scotland on the radio.

Selfishly, this is good news for me as I want to watch both games and was disappointed when the FA Cup final was moved to 3pm.

In the grand scheme however it's absolutely shite for the fans who are actually going to the game, and I'm including Celtic fans who would be making a doy out of it in that.

Edited by H Wragg

16 hours ago, sophia said:

Thanks! I should have a decent chance of getting a ticket then.  

Having travelled to Inverness for a 12 o'clock kick off a 12.30 kick off time in the other direction sounds a bit rubbish for Caley fans and our Irish support. A 17.30 kick off would do me if 3 isn't an option. 

I presume Caley will play like most teams (including Rangers) do against us - sit back and go direct and it will be up to us to break them down and not do anything daft at the back. If we play well we should win but I'm sure Ange won't be complacent. 

29 minutes ago, GeorgiosSamaras said:

I presume Caley will play like most teams (including Rangers) do against us - sit back and go direct and it will be up to us to break them down and not do anything daft at the back. 

It will be a mostly defensive game from us. But that actually suits how we try to play every game, on the counter. If Samuels finds his form, and Shaw keeps up what he's doing. I'm not sure celtics defence will be prepared for that.. 

The beauty of cup final day for a non OF fan is you can spend the valuable drinking hours convincing yourself that despite the massive gap somehow everything will come right and it'll be your name on the cup.  

Instead Inverness fans can now look forward to getting home at teatime sober after a 4 nil scudding.  

I wasn’t at all bothered about the early kick off for the semi finals but they can get fucked if they move this from 3pm just because it clashes with a game in another fucking country.

Edited by PB1994

This presumably so we sell less tickets so they can give our unsold allocation to Celtic.  Make it a proper home game for them.

34 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

This presumably so we sell less tickets so they can give our unsold allocation to Celtic.  Make it a proper home game for them.

Or it could just be the telly twats making a c**t of us all again. :( 

It was bad enough making the semi-final an early kickoff, so folk from Inverness had to get up at the crack of dawn. Doing it in the final as well would be very tone-deaf, so expecting it to happen. 

Anyway - as I said I would in the semi-final thread - best of luck to Caley. 

In just about any country in the world the football authorities and media would see a cup final like this as a great story, lower league side up against the richest team, the champions by about 100 points, David v Goliath, fairytale story, upset potential etc.

In this country we move the kick off so a negligible number of people who might prefer to watch the English cup final over the Scottish can do so and some utterly tinpot media firm, whose other big TV gig is showing the World Handball Championship (2015 champion Josh Meekings)  gets to dictate kick off times of our showpiece match.  Well done to the genuises who negotiated this contract.

It'll inconvenience a lot of Old Firm plc (Celtic) supporters as well, to be fair, from Norn Iron, the rest of Ireland and places like Aberdeen and, er, Inverness.

I don't actually give a monkey's about the English Cup Final, though I am interested in The Derby which has already been moved to accomodate the Wembley Behemoth and will now take place during our game.

I have a good feeling about this. Let's not park the bus like a scaredy-cat lower Spiffle Premier team and let's surprise them. OF fans turn on their teams if they go ten minutes without being in front to let's exploit that. I am not a natural optimist - see the Scotland thread - but there are reasons to be cheerful. Between now and then Old Firm plc (Celtic) will win the Spiffle Premier, drink themselves stupid, and lack motivation for what they think will be a stroll in the park against a wee diddy team whose players they havenae even heard of.

And as they wobble cockily onto the Hampden turf full of entitlement and last night's booze, it will begin...