Scottish Cup Final 2023 - ICT v Celtic

1 hour ago, approximately dave said:

We've complained about this nearly every time its happened yet no one from the SFA or in most cases the SPFL, SPL or any gov body at the time gives a crap. Its all about TV they just assume supporters will just put up with it and go anyway. A Scottish Cup final should not be 2nd in line for a fixture spot start time just because of a Cup Final in another country, its what makes this so tinpot that the SFA seem to be more interested promoting the English game up here for the pubs and armchair fans before considering our own football, considering our supporters who actually spend their hard earned traveling around the country and watching games at the grounds themselves, not through a f**king TV screen.

Guarranteed if it was you guys playing Rangers this probably wouldn't have happened.

Tinpot.

Celtic supporters will put up with it. They will buy tickets and they will do it again next season if required. 

Any ICT fans that can’t make it will likely have their ticket sold to Celtic fans. Fans never give them any real reason to take notice. 

What a f*ck*ng disgrace. I would have been watching the Scottish Cup Final anyway, and have zero interest in the millionaires final in England. As someone said earlier absolutely no one with any connection with either club was/is wanting this. Shocking.

I’m sure the FA cup final past few years was changed to a 5:15 kick off past few years what’s changed now? Worst thing about vivaplay holding the rights is they don’t care about the spectacle just viewing figures which if against the fa cup I’m sure those fans who are watching on tv of either side playing will tune in I doubt many naturals would care about it so I can’t see the figures being much different pushing it back over 2 hours.

funny enough I remember being out in 2006 watching the Scottish cup final and the fa cup playing at the same time. 

hopefully common sense prevails and the games don’t clash next year 

10 minutes ago, RiG said:

Haven't they changed the KO times for the FA Cup final in the past to help fans travelling from the likes of Manchester?

90% of the City and United fans at the game will live in London so that’s probably why they’ve moved it to an earlier time.

38 minutes ago, Moorie said:

I’m sure the FA cup final past few years was changed to a 5:15 kick off past few years what’s changed now?

‘High risk’ game (not my words) as it’s between two rivals this year, so the police wanted an earlier kick off. Apparently loads of trouble at the 2011 semi-final between the two, that was also the last year an FA Cup Final kicked off at 3pm. 

Edited by PSJ.84

The SFA are such a joke, why move a cup competition because there is a potential clash with another countries cup competition, if you tried to do that you'd never get the games played.

Feel for the Inverness fans in particular, hope the SFA reimburse them for messing them about.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

celtic Peter will be having a word with SFA Peter.

In response to the Scottish FA's announcement that the Scottish Cup Final at Hampden on Saturday, June 3 between Celtic and Inverness Caledonian Thistle will have a 5.30pm kick-off, Celtic Football Club has issued the following statement.

“We are hugely disappointed that the Scottish Cup Final has been moved from its traditional 3pm slot, something we don’t believe was necessary, or in the best interests of both sets of supporters. 

“Additionally, there was no meaningful consultation with Celtic on this matter, in terms of assessing the many issues affecting supporters attending the match - something which is also extremely regrettable

What a strange world we now live in. I find myself applauding one of the Old Firm's 'Dae You Know Who We Ur?' communiques.

35 minutes ago, 101 said:

The SFA are such a joke, why move a cup competition because there is a potential clash with another countries cup competition, if you tried to do that you'd never get the games played.

Feel for the Inverness fans in particular, hope the SFA reimburse them for messing them about.

They won't care. What matters most is the Hampden hospitality, all the booze and food while watching the FA Cup final on big screen and then move outside to the black leather armchairs to sleep it off during the Scottish Cup final.

5 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

They won't care. What matters most is the Hampden hospitality, all the booze and food while watching the FA Cup final on big screen and then move outside to the black leather armchairs to sleep it off during the Scottish Cup final.

I'm starting to think the SFA refers to the brain cells of the blazers combined.

Guest ICTFCwife

First we hear that the caley fans won’t be allocated as many tickets as the Celtic fans then we get told KO time has been shifted. ICT Need to issue a statement saying 3pm or nothing and something needs to be done about the ticket allocation hardly fair celtic are getting the lions share of tickets should be 50/50 allocation and if seats aren’t sold then that would be the time to open up the available tickets to celtic fans. SFA are arseholes

14 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Our group have got a private hire booked so it’s not a big deal for us but 3pm should still be the kick off time.

Totally agree, SFA are crap and give in too easy to private TV companies by bending over and getting a no lube.

As Jock Stein said 'football is nothing without fans' and we all saw what empty stadium games were like during the pandemic.

Thing is the SFA will moan about falling football attendances and hold major enquiries as to why and spend a million doing so when the problem lies with them and the TV companies running them.

24 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

For Caley fans driving down Glasgow city will be an LEZ on the 1st of June so do a vehicle check to see if your car complies, if not it is a financial penalty.

Hampden and the surrounding area is outside the the zone. Think it stops at the river on that side. 

Edited by mcjameos