Conference League: Premiership fans' views?

I hate it. But I have learned over time not to get angry with decisions made in Scottish Football as it makes no difference and in the end the wrong decision will get made made no matter what.

Sad state of affairs.

27 minutes ago, ropy said:

I like to see both sides of an argument, is there anyone who has laid out the ‘benefits’ of this proposal?

There is no benefit to the wider game.

The SFA, however, framed the Conference sitting outside of SPFL itself as being a 'benefit' as it wouldn't have to pass a more rigorous vote to gain approval.

They know it's deeply unpopular, and they don't care.

51 minutes ago, ropy said:

I like to see both sides of an argument, is there anyone who has laid out the ‘benefits’ of this proposal?

Bigger teams get to keep their younger players together in the vain hope that one or two of them will magically develop at age 21 by playing against worse players.

It isn't compelling

1 hour ago, ropy said:

Bigoted sectarian c*nts get to hoover up, and ultimately/intentionally waste even more good young Scottish talent, as it maintains the duopoly. But 50% of them are good bigoted sectarian c***s! So that's alright then.

The fact under the present proposal one season the team that finishes 6th can be relegated, while the next (or the one before) the team in 5th could be promoted tells you how fucked up the whole thing is.  

33 minutes ago, BrodieJ12 said:

Big No from me and hope we reject the plans as soon as possible. I see this being a big test for Burrows with him still settling into his role. 

Can't see Aberdeen being against it as, it's likely a Club like Aberdeen for Aberdeen 'B' that have sped this up and came up with this monstrocity due to being a bit far north for the Lowland League Clubs liking.  

2 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

Terrible, terrible idea - and if Hearts are supporting this, then I'm embarassed by my club.

They are.

--------------

The whole proposal is to appease two groups. Old Firm mainly wanting their Colt Teams in the league and the teams at the lower end of the leagues scared of relegation out of league 2 after they've seen how Berwick etc have faired after going down. 

It's not for the good of the game but the SPFL will see it as doing what their members ask. If they could get away with it I reckon they'd happily remove the pyramid promotion playoff all together. 

This just makes it even more difficult for the ambitious teams from progressing. We've got some great ex junior sides that would be a great addition to our League "proper". They rightfully so need to get their own merit but there's no need to continue to add more obstacles to that. Especially nonsense colt teams. 

Edited by SJFCtheTeamForMe

21 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

The fact under the present proposal one season the team that finishes 6th can be relegated, while the next (or the one before) the team in 5th could be promoted tells you how fucked up the whole thing is.  

That’s for now.

I think it’s important to keep sight of the end goal of the OF clubs and their hangers on.

They want their reserves playing every week competitively against full time professionals.  The level below the Premiership is the ultimate aim here.

Everything they’ve done is just them moving us inch by inch towards that goal.  

B teams in the challenge cup > B teams in the lowland league > B teams in a new fifth tier ‘Conference League’ > B teams able to win promotion to the SPFL 

The scenario you describe does seem ridiculous, and that’s probably deliberate. A couple of seasons of 5th being promoted/ 6th relegated etc and everyone commenting on how absurd it is “well we know how we can sort that one out..”

We’re talking about a couple of clubs that when lowland league clubs voted to say they didn’t want them in the league, they came back with a big bribe to convince them to accept.

They will stop at nothing to get what they are after here.

3 hours ago, GreenGray said:

I hate it. But I have learned over time not to get angry with decisions made in Scottish Football as it makes no difference and in the end the wrong decision will get made made no matter what.

Sad state of affairs.

You should get angry. In 2012, the league wanted Rangers to be placed in the second tier and clubs voted against that because their supporters railed against it. People got angry, it made a difference and the correct decision was made.

That's what needs to happen now.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

You should get angry. In 2012, the league wanted Rangers to be placed in the second tier and clubs voted against that because their supporters railed against it. People got angry, it made a difference and the correct decision was made.

I 'sort of' agree with you, apart from the 'correct decision being made'. 

To appease some of the clubs being leapfrogged for league consideration a promise of what turned out to be the Lowland League was aired. It arrived the next year, a mixture of clubs cobbled together with little consideration of merit, many of which are still populating the league and giving oxygen to another fucking terrible plan put forward by the SFA.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

I got angry about VAR, the latest sky deal, amongst other things.

Unfortunately fans are mainly an after thought in Scotland when it should be the opposite given the importance of us.

2 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I 'sort of' agree with you, apart from the 'correct decision being made'. 

To appease some of the clubs being leapfrogged for league consideration a promise of what turned out to be the Lowland League was aired. It arrived the next year, a mixture of clubs cobbled together with little consideration of merit, many of which are still populating the league and giving oxygen to another fucking terrible plan put forward by the SFA.

I can remember not being happy at their admittance with no other clubs being admitted so it wasn't completely correct but I don't think we should get bogged down with that whilst being fully aware that I brought it up in the first place. I was trying to point out an instance of fan power working.

1 hour ago, GreenGray said:

I got angry about VAR, the latest sky deal, amongst other things.

Unfortunately fans are mainly an after thought in Scotland when it should be the opposite given the importance of us.

I know that our clubs don't always listen to the fans but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep telling them our views on how the club/game in general should be run. 

The question to be asked about this thing is why there hasn't been a single official public statement from the SFA about this proposal, while at the same time they've been telling every club in Scotland that it's a done deal, without any votes cast?