Nations League

10 minutes ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

Good all the more reason to beat the b*****ds

Oh I would love it if we beat them (© K Keegan). Potential conflict of interest though, with Scotland players needing to lose if they want a chance to play at the Olympics.

Caught the end of the Belgium v England coverage. "Our qualification is in jeopardy", was the prevailing mood.

Just now, Lurkst said:

Oh I would love it if we beat them (© K Keegan). Potential conflict of interest though, with Scotland players needing to lose if they want a chance to play at the Olympics.

Caught the end of the Belgium v England coverage. "Our qualification is in jeopardy", was the prevailing mood.

Imo, and I know women's football is different. If your ultimate aim as a footballer is to play in the Olympics you need your hard drive checked

9 minutes ago, Binos said:

Don't understand logic of wanting to play their games at hampden 

Mainly for the players facilities I think.

The atmosphere isn't great, although getting to sit for free in the South Stand is absolutely fine.

13 minutes ago, Binos said:

Don't understand logic of wanting to play their games at hampden 

With the SFA owning Hampden now they don't have to pay for a stadium hire. But getting less than 6,000 bodies in tonight, even with Supporters Club members getting in for free, they should be rethinking it and taking the games round the country. SMaller stadiums with a better atmosphere and places that don't usually get international football getting games. I've been to SWNT games in Paisley and Falkirk in relatively full stadiums and the atmosphere has been great. I've been at Easter Road in a third full stadium and the atmosphere was pretty decent. And I've been to a mostly empty Hampden with little to no atmosphere. I know what I prefer, but if it saves the SFA a few pennies then the games will continue to be at Hampden.

5 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

With the SFA owning Hampden now they don't have to pay for a stadium hire. But getting less than 6,000 bodies in tonight, even with Supporters Club members getting in for free, they should be rethinking it and taking the games round the country. SMaller stadiums with a better atmosphere and places that don't usually get international football getting games. I've been to SWNT games in Paisley and Falkirk in relatively full stadiums and the atmosphere has been great. I've been at Easter Road in a third full stadium and the atmosphere was pretty decent. And I've been to a mostly empty Hampden with little to no atmosphere. I know what I prefer, but if it saves the SFA a few pennies then the games will continue to be at Hampden.

Tynecastle

I've seen SWNT at Tynecastle. The players prefer Hampden and it's the national stadium. If people don't rate the atmosphere then they can improve it by turning up.

Could have been a lot worse tonight. Erin Cuthbert our best player but bring subbed after an hour looked like a pre-arrangement with her munnybags English league team.

Utterly delighted to see the dreary MIGHTEE LIONESSES get beat. And the prospect of no TEAMGEEBEE at the Olympics is equally pleasing.

7 hours ago, PossilYM said:

I'll put that down as a night out away from the telly.

£8 for a pie and a paper cup of Zero Coke will be the last money Hampden catering gets out of me.

You were lucky. I'd had nae tea so I also had a pie and a Coke Zero, but also a portion of chips and a Mars Bar.

I can't remember how much it was but I now need to sell a kidney.

If you're going to play at Hampden with the main supporter demographic being 14 old Taylor Swift fans then at least play the games at the weekend.

"Hey maw, I'd want to go with ma pals see Scotland play at Hampden with 7.45 pm kick off on a Tuesday night"

"Get to your room ya dafty, you've got school tomorrow".

1 hour ago, PossilYM said:

If you're going to play at Hampden with the main supporter demographic being 14 old Taylor Swift fans then at least play the games at the weekend.

"Hey maw, I'd want to go with ma pals see Scotland play at Hampden with 7.45 pm kick off on a Tuesday night"

Thats something that UEFA would need to take into account, the games are on set dates of which the SFA have little or no control. TV at a guess would not be happy for these games to be at the weekend and with a double header there will always be a midweek element to one of the games.

9 hours ago, PossilYM said:

I think it was a real factor this week. Far fewer kids, especially in big groups, than usual.

And, ahem, scratches legal wig what is 'Taylor Swift'?

17 hours ago, KirkieRR said:

I think it was a real factor this week. Far fewer kids, especially in big groups, than usual.

And, ahem, scratches legal wig what is 'Taylor Swift'?

Don't worry i'd no idea either. The patter came from a younger workmate who thinks Women's football is the sent from the Devil.