Albion Rovers V Stirling Albion

It was a group of 4 or 5 youngsters, maybe about what 14-15. Would hazard a guess that they were part of the 1945 crew. Dressed fully in black and 1 of them had a 1945 crew scarf/snood around his neck. To be fair, a lot of people were oblivious to it, as it was happening at Half Time. In amongst glances of my phone I saw the "beach boy crew" hitting people with inflatable bananas and having a bit of harmless fun, which all but 1 or 2 of the Albion Rovers supporters behind the goal took it as that and they were getting a good laugh and it was all fine, however during this these Youths were grabbing youngsters scarfs and basically ripping them off young primary school age boys necks. 2 of these Rovers youngsters got quite upset which is when a few of the older adults in the area intervened. At that point, I genuinely didn't know who was doing it, as I said I didn't pay much interest at the time. A few scarfs were handed back by these adults, and steward came across with "an Albion Rovers adult" and it seemed all good. 1 lad especially seemed pretty distressed, telling the steward that his neck was burnt and he still hadn't got his scarf back, lots of blank looks happened at that point. However, when the teams came back onto the park, out of the corner of my eye I saw 3 of the group of suspected 1945 crew pulling the scarfs from out of their pants/waist band and stuffed them in a black bag, must have been a good number....4,5,6 maybe.....before moving from that section. I didn't see where they went at that point, but as I said in my original message, it was all pretty embarrassing and as a Dad myself, although this may have seemed like harmless fun to the Youths, I would hate that to have happened to my kids.

Edited by BB_Bino

Guessing it's the same wee bams who were fighting the primary school kids at The Rock a couple of weeks back. Nothing says being a hardman like pinching a 12-year-old kid's scarf, eh? Wee weridos.

On 09/05/2023 at 12:47, BB_Bino said:

It was a group of 4 or 5 youngsters, maybe about what 14-15. Would hazard a guess that they were part of the 1945 crew. Dressed fully in black and 1 of them had a 1945 crew scarf/snood around his neck. To be fair, a lot of people were oblivious to it, as it was happening at Half Time. In amongst glances of my phone I saw the "beach boy crew" hitting people with inflatable bananas and having a bit of harmless fun, which all but 1 or 2 of the Albion Rovers supporters behind the goal took it as that and they were getting a good laugh and it was all fine, however during this these Youths were grabbing youngsters scarfs and basically ripping them off young primary school age boys necks. 2 of these Rovers youngsters got quite upset which is when a few of the older adults in the area intervened. At that point, I genuinely didn't know who was doing it, as I said I didn't pay much interest at the time. A few scarfs were handed back by these adults, and steward came across with "an Albion Rovers adult" and it seemed all good. 1 lad especially seemed pretty distressed, telling the steward that his neck was burnt and he still hadn't got his scarf back, lots of blank looks happened at that point. However, when the teams came back onto the park, out of the corner of my eye I saw 3 of the group of suspected 1945 crew pulling the scarfs from out of their pants/waist band and stuffed them in a black bag, must have been a good number....4,5,6 maybe.....before moving from that section. I didn't see where they went at that point, but as I said in my original message, it was all pretty embarrassing and as a Dad myself, although this may have seemed like harmless fun to the Youths, I would hate that to have happened to my kids.

There needs to be a crackdown on this bunch.  Declare the 1945 crew a barred group and eject anybody wearing their kit, or with their banner or flag and ban them from the bus, because they sure ain't  driving cars.  That much we could do., as opposed to nothing. 

3 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

There needs to be a crackdown on this bunch.  Declare the 1945 crew a barred group and eject anybody wearing their kit, or with their banner or flag and ban them from the bus, because they sure ain't  driving cars.  That much we could do., as opposed to nothing. 

Apparently you can't bad mouth this mob as there the "future" of the club. I for one am absolutely scunnered with them.

10 hours ago, Thebino45 said:

Apparently you can't bad mouth this mob as there the "future" of the club. I for one am absolutely scunnered with them.

Yeah, well the kids they are assaulting and stealing from are the future of the clubs they support and it's our club's responsibility to take action to put a stop to it.  The positive police might give some thought to the future of the club if our sponsors leg it, because we did nothing and it gets worse.  These gits will spend the summer planning more stunts and crossing fingers and hoping it just goes away isn't likely to end well.  We need leadership on this, not a bloody vacuum at the top.

14 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Aye, good solution 🫠 🫠 🫠

6 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

What's yours?  Dress  up like Frankie Vaughn  and sing gimme the moonlight at them?

Unsure, but it's certainly not to ban a whole group of young fans because some of them stole a scarf. Get a grip

30 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Unsure, but it's certainly not to ban a whole group of young fans because some of them stole a scarf. Get a grip

In other words you don't have a clue.  All you can do is make a pathetic Trumpian attempt to minimise multiple assaults and multiple thefts. Ah the  future!

4 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

Yeah, well the kids they are assaulting and stealing from are the future of the clubs they support and it's our club's responsibility to take action to put a stop to it.  The positive police might give some thought to the future of the club if our sponsors leg it, because we did nothing and it gets worse.  These gits will spend the summer planning more stunts and crossing fingers and hoping it just goes away isn't likely to end well.  We need leadership on this, not a bloody vacuum at the top.

Couldn't agree more. Refreshing to see someone else fed up with them too instead of protecting them!

I was at the side rather than behind the goal so didn't really know what was going on at the time.

There was one lad who was clearly upset. Bullying younger kids just isn't on.

I'm sure it's a small minority and I don't want to discourage younger people coming to support but something needs to be done. The pitch invasion and running round to confront away supporters at the forfar game was a disgrace and an embarrassment though and there were more than a handful there.

I realise they are teenagers and have a lot to learn but the sooner they do the better.

42 minutes ago, Thebino45 said:

Couldn't agree more. Refreshing to see someone else fed up with them too instead of protecting them!

Like yourself I'm  interested in protecting victims and that's the only way you can really protect the club.  It's called human empathy.  Something some of our supporters don't seem to possess.  If being united means sticking our heads in the sand at what's been going on, they can stick that sort of unity right up their morally bereft arses.    

2 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

It's called human empathy.  Something some of our supporters don't seem to possess.

You're talking about banning hundreds of children from attending matches because a scarf was stolen at a match and some opposition fans were abused. Neither things I want to see at our games, FWIW, but what an unnecessarily draconian approach. How about the club identifies the individual troublemakers and warns them that if this conduct happens again, they'll be banned? As for any assaults, that's a police matter the club can assist with.

Or, y'know, we could ban them all. Because empathy.

2 hours ago, unitedbino said:

You're talking about banning hundreds of children from attending matches because a scarf was stolen at a match and some opposition fans were abused. Neither things I want to see at our games, FWIW, but what an unnecessarily draconian approach. How about the club identifies the individual troublemakers and warns them that if this conduct happens again, they'll be banned? As for any assaults, that's a police matter the club can assist with.

Or, y'know, we could ban them all. Because empathy.

Well now we know who really loves a drama.  "hundreds of children"  Hundreds of children don't need to be banned.  I'm talking about banning an ulttras identification group. Hundreds of children neither need to identify with it, nor should do. I'm talking about making an example of those who choose to. The numbers who choose to are their choice, so hundreds don't need to be banned. They do need to be warned in a general statement that they risk being banned by identifying with a group indulging in repeated criminal acts.

Those who mask their faces are the primary target and they tend to be teenagers. How do you identify people who mask their faces while sporting ultra gear?  Eg their banner bearer. You don't have the right to detain them or question them to really identify them.  Number identified by the club in incidents over 4 matches to assist the police with so far, ZERO  Hardly a shock when they neither bothered to issue a statement of condemnation, or apology to clubs affected. Assaults are a police matter, as is breach of the peace and theft. How can the club assist the police with that level of identification success to date?

Up until just this you have failed to show an iota of empathy for the children assaulted and abused.   Not a condemnation, or any semblance of regret.  Only when confronted with that do you finally come out with a weak I don't want to see it.  Way too late and  not the least bit convincing after that butt hurt last line on empathy.  I don't believe you even really give a toss for the kids at all.  It's criticism of the club's silence that's got you going and papering over that is all you care about.

Sure go ahead warn them against more incidents.  A bit problematic when you haven't a scooby which individuals to warn though eh?

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

It's criticism of the club's silence that's got you going and papering over that is all you care about.

It's remarkable that one person can be so wide of the mark so many times in just one post (albeit a long one - congratulations on your essay). But I'll highlight this one line - it's criticism of the club's silence that's got me going? My last post said I wanted the club to identify troublemakers and warn them with a ban, as well as assist the police with any assault investigation. Does that sound like I want the club to bury its head?

Presumably people who get a speeding ticket should get a lifetime driving ban as well? Or is it just children you want treated so?

Oh and by the way, I was very close to the scarf stealing incident at Rovers. I know exactly who took it, how it was taken and also who the consistent offenders are. Really not that difficult to identify them.

45 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

It's remarkable that one person can be so wide of the mark so many times in just one post (albeit a long one - congratulations on your essay). But I'll highlight this one line - it's criticism of the club's silence that's got me going? My last post said I wanted the club to identify troublemakers and warn them with a ban, as well as assist the police with any assault investigation. Does that sound like I want the club to bury its head?

Presumably people who get a speeding ticket should get a lifetime driving ban as well? Or is it just children you want treated so?

Oh and by the way, I was very close to the scarf stealing incident at Rovers. I know exactly who took it, how it was taken and also who the consistent offenders are. Really not that difficult to identify them.

Like I said too late.  Your early posts  contained no sympathy or empathy at all for the young victims of this group. You only sought to gloss over the incidents  as if they were trivial.  Yes that did suggest you hoped the club would do the same.

What an interesting analogy, a life ban for speeding tickets. Why not a death sentence for a parking ticket?  You might as well go the full  absurd deflection, not half way.

So, you were very close to a scarf stealing incident.  Did you intervene?  Did you Identify the individual to the stewards to have it retuned.  If not why not?  Have you identified this individual to the club?  If not do you to intend to?  Again if not, why not?   Even more interesting that you were so dismissive of it all in the beginning after seeing it first hand.   I'm fascinated now.