Albion Rovers V Stirling Albion

7 minutes ago, unitedbino said:

Mate, this is boring. You're the only person on here incapable of having an actual discussion. 

My thoughts are pretty simple - trouble-makers should be weeded out. Any misbehaviour - like we saw against Forfar or Albion Rovers - should be condemned by the club. Anything criminal is a police matter (where the club can assist where possible). But any notion of banning the 1945 group as a whole is heavy-handed and unnecessary. Let's look for actual solutions, one of which would be to open up a terrace where they could be contained (I'd imagine the 1945 would also like having a section to themselves).

I'd say it's the guy who won't  answer a yes no question who fails to have a discussion.  Well let's hope any solution doesn't rely on you.  No answer to how you enforce "sticking" people in the terraces.  No need to bother about the terraces being inoperable, because you're going to turn up with a couple of spanners and a can of WD 40.  No answer as to how penning them up at home solves their behaviour at away games.  

You're right, your thoughts are pretty simple. I'll give that

9 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

I’m not great at repairing things…. but would also be willing to smarten the area up with a bit of painting, clearing, weeding etc etc

As I understand it  there's no water supply to the toilets  and the turnstiles are jammed due to lack of maintenance by Active Stirling.  The present board will have tried to get them to do something about it and likely got nowhere, as did the board before them.  The only real solution is to get the arch bar assassin to do his job.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

This has come up a number of times over the years and I think the answer is no. I know the previous board looked into it and reported that Active Stirling had condemned them, and I also read that the present board looked at it for the last 2 Home games but also said no due to lack of facilities and broken turnstiles.

It’s definitely the solution to that problem in my eyes, hopefully the club can get around the table and sort whatever the issues are, however this won’t sort certain aspects of behaviour obviously.

You could literally walk them round the side of the pitch to it 

11 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Funnily enough, didn't fancy performing a citizen's arrest on a 15-year-old

11 hours ago, unitedbino said:

Not good enough. @WC Boggs wants them arrested. Anything less would be lacking in empathy. 

There's a middle ground here between reporting it to a steward and having the boys locked up. We had the exact same problem with wee guys getting carried away at games and the club invited all these boys down to the stadium before a game, they put a wee spread of food and juice on for them, then had Stevie Farrell and the chairman explain to them what the consequences of their actions could mean for themselves and the club. We've not had a problem since. I'm sure your club can do the same but first they need info on who these boys are. Reporting it to a steward on the day is great but its likely your club won't get any info or feedback on that. If you want them weeded out then report it to folk at your club who can do something reasonable with it.