2 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Not bad for a ‘side on the slide’ 😂 👍

Haha yup , our learned friend is conspicuous by his absence tonight! 3 managers in one season , I think under the circumstances it's not been a bad season , hopefully Mr Deeney gets his targets in and improves the squad next season 

On 09/05/2023 at 13:12, Hammerthower said:

I can`t believe nobody is talking about the state of the Meadow right now. We are plummeting down the league from 6th to 11th under this management, only staying out of relegation because there`s only 2 games left! If we had more games left this lot would have us relegated.
There not a plan A in their game plan, never mind a plan B! Performances have been murder and the squad seems to be lower than the league position. We`ve dropped points to every team below us and we`ll probs drop six more in the last two games. The word is the training is a joke too and that`s coming from players.

The top players in the squad have already left or are leaving, Gowser and Cal gone already with Boydy Slooves Wharton and now Urquhart all following them out the door. Wee Smudge allowed to leave for nothing to join Talbot and being their best player! 

Teplacements have come from Dalrys bench and Whitletts FFS! Even the kids from the youth team that have come on have looked better than Stewart, McNair and probably both the Kerrs!  What are we doing, preparing for relegation next season?? Where are the new signings? What is Deeney doing , we now have the worst Medda squad in years, relegation candidates for next season and haven`t even finished this one!
What players would want to come to be part of this squad now? Get a real manager in who can get the crap out and build a proper squad before it`s too late! This lot wouldny know a player if they fell over one. Colin and James must be wondering how they got bumped and this lot are still there

The middle of the league was quite tight, with a few points seperating 5 teams there, in the end. We did look to be dropping a bit towards the end, but we were nowhere near looking like being dragged into relegation. Considering the 3 managers in the season, it isn't a bad finish, and towards the lower end of where I'd have expected us to be anyway.

I do agree that, with the amount of squad turnover, and a lot of key players having departed in the last couple of seasons, we don't want to be looking over our shoulders next season. Which could easlily happen. There will be a lot to do over the summer, especially with more leaving.

Really disapointing to hear that the players think that training's a joke. That doesn't reflect well on anyone, if that's the case, including the players themselves.

It was a good win against Troon. But Bysouth kept us in it early on, and again later in the game after a couple of wobbles. Faulds work rate made the difference, along with a few others. But there was certainly plenty of commitment in there, and positives to look forward to.

On 13/05/2023 at 23:19, Plantar fasciitis said:

Haha yup , our learned friend is conspicuous by his absence tonight! 3 managers in one season , I think under the circumstances it's not been a bad season , hopefully Mr Deeney gets his targets in and improves the squad next season 

You’re learned friend was out the country on business, so missed the Troon game. I hope that’s allowed Mr pain in the heel?

A narrow win due to a missed penalty and heroics from Kyle and the 20s keeper helps the stats, but papers over the cracks again?

As I said before, take Slooves, Boydy and Rossco out that team with little in the pipeline and we are well in the sticky stuff! 

We are in trouble before the new season starts, if you think otherwise you are deluded. As mentioned above we’ll have the best ground in the lower leagues!

Where are the signings? To be honest I wouldn’t trust this lot with new signings after seeing what they’ve already signed and resigned. Supposedly their next ones are from Whitletts and Dalry again! With others from the Vics and St Peters that’s certainly got me buzzing for next season. 

Wee Ben Carson seems to be doing well the 20s why is he not involved with the big team? He knows the club and knows the quality and mentality needed in the dressing room.

Training is meant to be ridiculous like kids stuff and players not happy. Players talk to other players at other clubs so that’s not gonna help sell the club to new players. It’s embarrassing 

One positive is the Buffs are down!
So there’s 6 points we won’t lose next season 👏

27 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

My feelings exactly, doesn't read like a supporter to me 

Always be wary of those who wish your club to fail with their snidely antics .....and then when success comes your way celebrate twice as much 😀

37 minutes ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

My feelings exactly, doesn't read like a supporter to me 

Agreed, supporter would say something like jury’s out or no convinced. This person goes all the way into u20s and even training, reads similar to another account on here. My guess would be it’s someone with some kind of grievance with the manager. 

4 hours ago, Killiepiyo said:

Agreed, supporter would say something like jury’s out or no convinced. This person goes all the way into u20s and even training, reads similar to another account on here. My guess would be it’s someone with some kind of grievance with the manager. 

Definitely a troll, rival supporter or someone with a grudge against management team. It's not even June and I don't even know who we are signing 😂. Been a few players released from clubs in our league I would take at Meadow but can hardly judge the management team when not even had a chance to make their summer signings yet. 

Exactly Shannon , let's be honest it's going to be a new look team next season with the players that are reported to be leaving is true , but is that a bad thing? Either the current squad isn't good enough or they have massively underachieved, and with 3 different managers msybe it's not a bad thing if there's is clear out if rumours are true. Let's give Mr Deeney and his staff the chance to bring in their own players because I've seen enough in the work rate and effort in the team since he took over to be optimistic if he brings in his own players next season will be better . 

Edited by Plantar fasciitis

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was right about Slooves and Boydy to Talbot. Warton away now and Urquhart will be the next one away to Kilbirnie. O’Donnell away too Darvel. Hearing Faulds wanting away 

How many is that away and still nothing about new signings?  Looks like players don’t want to be at Medda Park?

This meet n greet thing  Q&A with Mr Deeney - can see that one being cancelled. 

But that’s right I’m no a real fan, im a troll with a grudge

If you’re no worried, are you a Medda fan?

2 hours ago, Hammerthower said:

Well I was right about Slooves and Boydy to Talbot. Warton away now and Urquhart will be the next one away to Kilbirnie. O’Donnell away too Darvel. Hearing Faulds wanting away 

How many is that away and still nothing about new signings?  Looks like players don’t want to be at Medda Park?

Where’s Bryan Wharton away to? 

3 hours ago, Hammerthower said:

You are complaining the squad was not good enough but now complaining players are leaving, these players you are fretting about were all a big part of a starting 11 that , in your opinion, totally underachieved the whole season, under 3 different managers. So is it the current manager at fault or can the blame lie with the desire and commitment of the players in squad. If it lies on the current manager then why did the squad underperform from from day one, because I'm taking it from your posts you believe the players you quoted were good enough. 
my own opinion these  players were leaving no matter the manager, clubs offering stupid money elsewhere which the current meadow budget can't compete with. 
Trust me if Mr Deeney had £200+ wages plus signing on fees to offer then more would have stayed and other players of pedigree would come ,money is the main pull for players. Look at the signings at Johnstone, they are not going there because of the managers pedigree, training or anything else , purely money. 
I can tell you for a fact one of my mates spoke to medda but turned them down because the money was no where near the wages getting offered elsewhere, his preferred option was Medda but just couldn't turn down other options as he has a family to think about. 
I'm sure signings will come in but no doubt they will not be the pedigree we are looking for. But big money signings and big wages don't guarantee winning  leagues , just ask Darvel 

Edited by Plantar fasciitis

I’d shake your hand right now for a mid-table finish.

That’s the Whitletts players announced I see, now for the Vics ones before they announce Urquhart O’Donnell and Faulds away!

what a total shite show, it’s a red neck! 

We can’t be competitive in the prem with bottom of the lower league players that are being signed.

This is looking like the worst Medda squad in years.