Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

You finished 2nd, behind only us who will have a massive budget in comparison to your lot and because you got papped in a 2 legged affair, you're hounding the manager out. No wonder you lot are consistently shite.

They're losing their minds because he went to a pub and mingled with fans and sung songs. They'd be irate if he just slunk off in his motor.

He's been man enough to face the music and engage with fans. He's read the room and they've all joined in with him sing their name - at the end of the day it's a fucking game of football Nd as you say they exceeded all expectations. By no means do I want him near Dens but these c***s chasing him are an embarrassment.

They had a striker bag 20 goals, it would've been almost impossible for them to not to be competing for the title/play offs.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

They had a striker bag 20 goals, it would've been almost impossible for them to not to be competing for the title/play offs.

I forget that managers just go about finding them types all the time.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Ayr seem to have a knack of finding strikers who score.

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Charlie Reilly scored 22 and assisted 14 this season. His team got relegated.

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

QOS had Dobbie for how many years? And how often did they make the playoffs with him? They even finished 9th in a season where he scored about 40 odd in all competitions.

There’s been a lot of stuff said about Bullen both good and bad. The truth is somewhere in the middle. My take is that he’s a good coach. He’s improved players at Ayr that you’d never have thought were up to it and his man management skills appear to be pretty good. We’ve shown a lot of resilience in games this season and the players have spoken about how positive the changing room has been and I believe a lot of that has been down to him. The flip side of it is that I’m not sure he’s necessarily a very good manager. Tactically I think he’s quite naive and seems unable to positively impact games when it plainly isn’t going our way. Add to that he’s quite conservative and constantly picks his favourite players despite them either underperforming or not being good enough. 

The fact remains that we’ve had a good season though. A solid B if we were grading it. It was so close to being an A if we hadn’t superbly bottled it against Falkirk and had shown a bit more in the playoffs. Not necessarily getting through but keeping it competitive would’ve been enough for most fans. He’s improved us from where we were last season without a doubt but I have reservations about whether or not he can take us forward. Now seems like a good time to part ways amicably. He’d get a decent send off and a thank you for what he’s done. 

I like the guy, I think he talks well and he’s always respectful about the opposition in his interviews. I don’t think he’s good enough to take us forward. If he stays I hope he proves me wrong but I think he’ll be off. 

55 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

FWIW Bullen would’ve had no clue who he was without our head of recruitment but I see what you mean. 

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ayr seem to have a knack of finding strikers who score.

We have had more luck than most in fairness. In the last ten years we’ve had Michael Moffat (in two different spells), Craig Moore, Lawrence Shankland, Tomi Adeloye and now Dipo Akinyemi all hit double figures in league campaigns. 

3 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Did you watch the game? The moron referee made an arse of it.

Nope I was on holiday both legs , but you didn’t need to see the game to know 8.0 in play off final is a disgrace no matter how unlucky or bad ref or any other excuse 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ruari Paton and Charlie Reilly both got 20+ goals and their teams were nowhere near the play offs.

One of those teams finished dead last.

Van Veen has 20+ goals for Motherwell...bottom six.

Edited by Jacky1990

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Charlie Reilly scored 22 and assisted 14 this season. His team got relegated.

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

QOS had Dobbie for how many years?

He only scored 20 league goals once for them.

4 hours ago, Jacky1990 said:

Ruari Paton and Charlie Reilly both got 20+ goals and their teams were nowhere near the play offs.

One of those teams finished dead last.

Van Veen has 20+ goals for Motherwell...bottom six.

And QoS were challenging for the play offs.

Over half van Veens goals have come since January, when top 6 was already beyond them. He spreads them goals out over the season instead of 12 games and they do make the top 6.

Reilly is the only real example of a team with a 20+ goalscorer not making the top half of their table (title challenge/play off challenge)

37 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Reilly is the only real example of a team with a 20+ goalscorer not making the top half of their table (title challenge/play off challenge)

You’ve literally just shown how van Veen is a ‘real example’ of this. 

15 minutes ago, Slacker said:

You’ve literally just shown how van Veen is a ‘real example’ of this. 

It takes a rare sequence of events for it to happen.

How many folk score 12 goals in 10 games?

He’s on 24 now so the 12 goals in 10 isn’t as relevant in the argument as you think it is. He got to 20 before the split. 

Footballer who scores 20+ goals and doesn’t challenge near the top doesn’t count because he doesn’t score them exactly when you consider the optimal time of the season to score goals.

4 minutes ago, Slacker said:

He’s on 24 now so the 12 goals in 10 isn’t as relevant in the argument as you think it is. He got to 20 before the split. 

Footballer who scores 20+ goals and doesn’t challenge near the top doesn’t count because he doesn’t score them exactly when you consider the optimal time of the season to score goals.

He had 10 by the start of February when his run started, they were 13pts off 6th.

They win tomorrow they end 4pts off 4th.

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

But will he get the Dundee Managers job?

Any more rumours Johnny?

Do you know who is on the shortlist?

Thank you.

18 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Former Manchester United and Bayern Munich player Owen Hargreaves the latest to be linked.

He'll probably get injured attending the interview and have to rule himself out.

Edited by CountryBumpkin

Saw someone on Twitter say they’ve heard Charlie Adam has got it, just waiting on the announcement from the club.

Total nobody who said that as far as I can tell though.