Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, Baffled said:

Spot on. It’s the set up WGS has been hankering for. The issue is that Strachan will still be remote from the dressing room and the day-to-day man-management of the players. I’ve got no doubts about Docherty’s coaching and tactical credentials but can he instill the type of “I’d walk through walls for him” belief into a group of players?

Also, if you were a bit surprised by this appointment, just wait until the “number two” gets announced.

Gary Irvine.....

46 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It was always going to be a coach type rather than a Manager type, this is what WGS wanted from Bowyer, why he asked Davidson, and why we have ended up with a coach.

WGS to supply the players TD to coach them.

If that's the case then probably a decent appointment.

1 hour ago, Crawford said:

Assistant manager.

Don't get me wrong, it's a step up from hiring someone with absolutely zero experience but this is a pretty abysmal standard they've set.

I hope he's ready.

most guys with bags of experience will have 1 or 2 sackings behind them that people will moan about!

If Partick get promoted, i think that'll be half the top flight with managers in their first managers job.

Aberdeen - Robson

Dundee - Docherty

Hearts - Naismith 

Livingston - Martindale

Partick - Doolan

St Johnstone - MacLean

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If Partick get promoted, i think that'll be half the top flight with managers in their first managers job.

Aberdeen - Robson

Dundee - Docherty

Hearts - Naismith 

Livingston - Martindale

Partick - Doolan

St Johnstone - MacLean

Hopefully a breath of fresh air for Scottish Football, better that the usual suspects on the managerial merry go round. 

4 minutes ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Best of luck to the Doc. Hopefully does a good job, and he’s already clearly the best manager in the fine city of Dundee. 

I wonder if he was the good coach behind McInnes.

On 25/05/2023 at 14:28, RandomGuy. said:

Literally nothing about your club suggests that is happening.

Except that was exactly what happened and your opinion is way off the mark, as usual. You don’t know as much as you think you do, Boredom. 

Looking forward to this one. A highly regarded coach in Scotland so it’s not a total punt. By all accounts I think a fair few people were expecting him to make the step up at some point. 

A huge undertaking for him to recruit well and bring in his own back room staff but that can be a major positive as well. 

Edited by Pens_Dark

3 minutes ago, rhumbaclub said:

Hopefully a breath of fresh air for Scottish Football, better that the usual suspects on the managerial merry go round. 

Better a potential failure than a proven one.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

I mean, he fact that he's never been a manager before is obviously a concern but considering the names touted, I'm reasonably happy.

For those that want to put a negative spin on it, like the Raith slabber above that is raging we didn't take Ian Murray, then he'll be portrayed as just the guy that placed the cones and handed out the bibs for Derek McInnes.

That wasn't Docherty under McIness, it was Paul Sheerin and that is who I would guess will go with him to be No 2 at Dundee.

Edited by MulsonFFC

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

It was.

I have been at 5 or 6 of Kilmarnocks matches this season working and seen Sheerin putting the cones out for the warm-up drills a few hours before kick-off.

Never seen Docherty touch a cone, I will concede he may have handed out the bibs 😂

Edited by MulsonFFC

On 25/05/2023 at 13:30, RandomGuy. said:

You realise its far, far, more likely your club hasnt hired anyone yet because they put all their eggs in the Callum Davidson basket and effectively had to start from scratch looking for a new manager last week, rather than having something agreed with a manager in work at the moment, dont you?

On 25/05/2023 at 14:01, Pens_Dark said:

Well you seem to know everything about the business of Dundee FC so we'll just take your word for it...

Maybe, just maybe, you might be wrong and Dundee are working in the background but there is still a football season waiting to be concluded in which people will hold fire on decisions until that time.

On 25/05/2023 at 14:28, RandomGuy. said:

Literally nothing about your club suggests that is happening.

More RG garbage exposed. A slavering mess. 

It is hard to figure out at the moment, like there have been assistants or coaches who have taken over the reigns to great effect, there has also been Gerry Collins...

Can anyone think of examples, where coaches have been appointed from other clubs to become the manager, though?

It s never dull at Dens, that's for sure.

#PeakCinch 

Edited by jagfox