Aberdeen vs Hibernian

I’m sure this Aberdeen “no one likes us” mentality was encouraged by Fergie. 

St Mirren fans certainly have a case given the number of players the Dons plundered from us after he left Paisley. 🤣

Edited by Molotov

31 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Or they've got it from the team they all used to support before Fergie rocked up at Aberdeen. 🤨

4 hours ago, Hoose Rice said:

@VincentGuerin is a great guy and a top poster tbh. 

One man's hero is another man's villain.

Although to be fair to him, I loved his posts at the turn of the year when he was adamant that Hearts would pull away from the rest to go clear in 3rd.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

46 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Although to be fair to him, I loved his posts at the turn of the year when he was adamant that Hearts would pull away from the rest to go clear in 3rd.

And to be fair to him, they did. They just shat the bed a couple of months later 

1 hour ago, AJF said:

And to be fair to him, they did. They just shat the bed a couple of months later 

My autumn predictions that Goodwin would be out a job by the summer and that Hearts would pull clear in  third were looking magnificent.

Until Hearts started losing all the time.

A meteor strike at the end of January and I'd have been judged as a great prophet by future civilisations.

28 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

My autumn predictions that Goodwin would be out a job by the summer and that Hearts would pull clear in  third were looking magnificent.

Until Hearts started losing all the time.

A meteor strike at the end of January and I'd have been judged as a great prophet by future civilisations.

A great prophet would know a meteor was coming. 

6 hours ago, Molotov said:

St Mirren fans certainly have a case given the number of players the Dons plundered from us after he left Paisley. 🤣

You can thank us for giving you money for Ian Cameron, Ricky Gillies & David Winnie.

You’re welcome. 

It's maybe unconscious bias.

These officials get people stalking their home and threatening their families from supporters of certain clubs.

Why not have the on-park and VAR officials completely ignore rugby tackles that would ordinarily lead to penalties and red cards against the home team?  Too much hassle otherwise.

A wee reminder on "frivolous appealing" needed anyone?  Well let's go for a challenge by the Aberdeen captain where popular opinion at best was split - 4-game ban, whilst deciding that a karate kick on the chest against one of their players on Saturday was a mere yellow, for fear of upsetting Mr Petrie on the inner sanctum.

Fully aware that every team gets f**ked over - but there's a hell of a lot of even-ing up to be done for us - and this is whilst admitting VAR was actually good to us in the previous Hibs home match - see words anomaly, blip etc.

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

These officials get people stalking their home and threatening their families from supporters of certain clubs.

Why not have the on-park and VAR officials completely ignore rugby tackles that would ordinarily lead to penalties and red cards against the home team?  Too much hassle otherwise.

A wee reminder on "frivolous appealing" needed anyone?  Well let's go for a challenge by the Aberdeen captain where popular opinion at best was split - 4-game ban, whilst deciding that a karate kick on the chest against one of their players on Saturday was a mere yellow, for fear of upsetting Mr Petrie on the inner sanctum.

Fully aware that every team gets f**ked over - but there's a hell of a lot of even-ing up to be done for us - and this is whilst admitting VAR was actually good to us in the previous Hibs home match - see words anomaly, blip etc.

We have missed out on at the very least two wins as a direct result of the Ref's/VAR, when will people realise that they are just: 1. Incompetent. 2. Bias towards two, but more specifically one team

37 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

😀

Get a grip of yourself, man.

What you're saying is that people from the central belt discriminate against Aberdeen FC, which must involve benefiting the teams from the central belt that they hate? Because, what? They're worried about Killie, Livi, or Hibs fans shouting at them in the supermarket?

It's idiotic. There's no other way to describe it.

You're doing what Celtic fans do. You're seeing the decisions that happen to your team and imagining that they're worse than the ones that happen to all the other teams. They're not.

I get that people like their wee siege mentality things, but the idea that Aberdeen are picked on due to geography (or any reason) is utterly laughable. You're just not important enough.

Edited by VincentGuerin

8 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

They may yet do so.

21 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

I get that people like their wee siege mentality things, but the idea that Aberdeen are picked on due to geography (or any reason) is utterly laughable. You're just not important enough.

There's two different forces in play here.  There's the weegie freakshows (particularly Sevco 5088 Ltd vs the rest) - I think all of us accept what happens there.  Even though these clubs will generally have better players than us, no penalty down there for AFC down there something like 30 years is a hell of a stat - particularly when it's 'invent-a-pen' the other way round.

In terms of why I feel AFC get an even bigger raw deal than the other clubs - that's trickier.  We maybe aren't important enough, but we're a small country and one of the three biggest clubs outside the gruesomes.

Could be due to our status as the economic powerhouse of the nation for so many years - incredible the amount of people that come up to live and work in the city, but still tell us how great in comparison good old Glesga and its patter is.  Most of the officials are from somewhere in and around west-central Scotland, and I feel we are generally an easy target for them. 

I am still struggling to work out the rationale for why our captain is not being allowed to play at Tynecastle tomorrow - and that's despite me accepting that the appeal against his Dingwall red was always one that could have been lost.  

Edited by tarapoa

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

In terms of why I feel AFC get an even bigger raw deal than the other clubs - that's trickier (No, it's not. They don't).  We maybe aren't important enough, but we're a small country and one of the three biggest clubs outside the gruesomes (So?).

Could be due to our status as the economic powerhouse of the nation for so many years - incredible the amount of people that come up to live and work in the city, but still tell us how great in comparison good old Glesga and its patter is (What the f**k are you talking about?).  Most of the officials are from somewhere in and around west-central Scotland, and I feel we are generally an easy target for them. (An easy target in what sense? You're hugely over-estimating how much anyone cares about Aberdeen)

I am still struggling to work out the rationale for why our captain is not being allowed to play at Tynecastle tomorrow (Obviously as part of a central belt conspiracy to make sure Aberdeen don't qualify for Europe, run by Rangers, Celtic, and Hibs fans who all love Hearts but hate Aberdeen) - and that's despite me accepting that the appeal against his Dingwall red was always one that could have been lost.  

Just picked out a few main points there, but this is fucking mad stuff.

Do you honestly think this is anything but bonkers?

6 hours ago, tarapoa said:

There's two different forces in play here.  There's the weegie freakshows (particularly Sevco 5088 Ltd vs the rest) - I think all of us accept what happens there.  Even though these clubs will generally have better players than us, no penalty down there for AFC down there something like 30 years is a hell of a stat - particularly when it's 'invent-a-pen' the other way round.

In terms of why I feel AFC get an even bigger raw deal than the other clubs - that's trickier.  We maybe aren't important enough, but we're a small country and one of the three biggest clubs outside the gruesomes.

Could be due to our status as the economic powerhouse of the nation for so many years - incredible the amount of people that come up to live and work in the city, but still tell us how great in comparison good old Glesga and its patter is.  Most of the officials are from somewhere in and around west-central Scotland, and I feel we are generally an easy target for them. 

I am still struggling to work out the rationale for why our captain is not being allowed to play at Tynecastle tomorrow - and that's despite me accepting that the appeal against his Dingwall red was always one that could have been lost.  

I didnt know the Fentanyl epidemic had hit Aberdeen quite this hard.

DMs always open if you need a chat m9...................