Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

3 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

My guess re the the John Lambie Stand and it clearly not being full tonight despite it being sold out is that there was some issue and/or queues and people with JLS tickets were moved to the JHS. 

I was told before the game that although the JHS was busier than normal it wasn't going to be that much busier. 

The JHS felt much, much busier than normal, especially in the corner nearest the JLS. 

That might account for the movement from there to the JLS at half-time. 

The crowd was certainly consistent with the number of tickets sold if not how the crowd was distributed across the home stands. 

I don’t think so, tbh. I found it very surprising at the time that we’d apparently sold out the Lambie a full 30+ hours before the game when we normally don’t even fill it to 50% for your run of the mill league games.

I think the ticketing platform isn’t set up to sell tickets for the full stand, and nobody at the club realised until it was too late. Possibly sections are blocked off for online sales, or they forgot to remove ST holders who normally occupy the JL; something along those lines.

I don’t think it was ever sold out or even close to it to begin with.

9 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I don’t think so, tbh. I found it very surprising at the time that we’d apparently sold out the Lambie a full 30+ hours before the game when we normally don’t even fill it to 50% for your run of the mill league games.

I think the ticketing platform isn’t set up to sell tickets for the full stand, and nobody at the club realised until it was too late. Possibly sections are blocked off for online sales, or they forgot to remove ST holders who normally occupy the JL; something along those lines.

Very possible. 

I've seen a full length of shot of the JHS since making my post and it is much busier than normal. Much busier than what I was told was expected for that stand. 

The crowd figure is certainly consistent with the indicated tickets sold though so something doesn't quite square. 

No matter what was the reason Firhill was bouncing tonight. Loved it. 

Edited by John MacLean

39 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I heard a lot of peoples tickets weren’t scanning through when they were at the JLS.

Another great night under Doolan, do feel we could’ve killed the tie with another goal or 2 but score first next Friday and it should be enough. The front 4 were all fantastic again, and a lot of credit has to go to Aero and Brownlie for their defensive shift as well as Mitchell for 2 huge saves. 
And big mention to Brian Graham, who after hitting 50 for the club (in 3 years ) last week, got his 20th of the season/ some player for us despite his age. 

Edited by JagsCG

57 minutes ago, John MacLean said:

Very possible. 

I've seen a full length of shot of the JHS since making my post and it is much busier than normal. Much busier than what I was told was expected for that stand. 

The crowd figure is certainly consistent with the indicated tickets sold though so something doesn't quite square. 

No matter what was the reason Firhill was bouncing tonight. Loved it. 

26 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

I heard a lot of peoples tickets weren’t scanning through when they were at the JLS.

No denying that the JHS looked busier than normal, and maybe some fans did have to move around there after their JL tickets wouldn’t scan.

I highly doubt that 1000 people had this problem, though. Which is how many empty seats the JL had in the first half, despite us being told by the club that it had sold out on Thursday afternoon.

The club have made a mess of something in the ticketing arrangements tonight. If someone had told me earlier this week that the attendance was going to be just over 7000 with roughly 5000 home fans I’d have thought that sounded about right and fair enough. But the manner in which we were told a certain stand was sold out (when it wasn’t), leaving people to buy tickets for a section they didn’t want to, before being moved over to that stand at HT anyway, just looked very tinpot.

5 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

4-0 in the second leg at Somerset. I can just feel it.

I'd pay actual ££££ to see Ayrshire lads trouser the cravat-wearing, prosecco-drinking hipster wannabees.

Prosecco?? Yuck. Pimms for me.

Was great to see both Tiff and Doc in Roughie after game last night.Both still buzzing and Tiff especially on great form in expressing a desire for more goals in second leg plus a wry dig at BBG’s “20 tap ins” ! .

Usually after a long season you'll get some players who look a bit tired, but over the last few games Partick have looked like they've just finished pre-season. They're bursting with energy and have been quick and sharp. Queens Park and Ayr have looked lethargic and slow compared to them.

Fair play to Partick. Looked a seriously good attacking outfit, carving Ayr up most of the match. Considering the fact that most of the bottom 6 prem teams can’t defend for toffee, I can see them going up at a canter. Always had a bit of soft spot for Thistle too, having lived in that bit of Glasgow for the last decade too,  so good luck to them. Doubt they’ll need it. 

Ayr were rank. Just listless and inane. You don’t feel anything watching them. I left just before the 3rd goal, outta sheer boredom. When I heard the partick fans cheer, I just thought “thank f**k that’s the season done”. 

Those players thought. How they receive a salary is beyond me. Hewitt is mince. Reading is piss poor. O’Connor was garbage tonight. Maguire is a waste of space. 

The kicker is that we’ve got nobody on the bench to do any better. You look at them and shudder. It’s totally beyond the realms of possibility that Ashford, JML and McAllister can turn a game. 

Hopefully they’ll all get punted and Mathie can unearth a few more non league gems. But until then, we’re in for a stinker of a next season.

I'd hope Partick can sort the tickets better for their home leg in the final, especially if it's against Kilmarnock or Dundee United who will likely sell it out as well. No allocated seats for a 2000+ sell out in that stand was a bit chaotic. Apparently also plenty folk that bought home end tickets and had no trouble at all at the gates getting in the Colin Weir. All felt a wee bit messy.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the atmosphere at the game last night (for the build up and first 15 minutes anyway). Crowd was a great advert for the level.

4 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Fair play to Partick. Looked a seriously good attacking outfit, carving Ayr up most of the match. Considering the fact that most of the bottom 6 prem teams can’t defend for toffee, I can see them going up at a canter. Always had a bit of soft spot for Thistle too, having lived in that bit of Glasgow for the last decade too,  so good luck to them. Doubt they’ll need it. 

Ayr were rank. Just listless and inane. You don’t feel anything watching them. I left just before the 3rd goal, outta sheer boredom. When I heard the partick fans cheer, I just thought “thank f**k that’s the season done”. 

Those players thought. How they receive a salary is beyond me. Hewitt is mince. Reading is piss poor. O’Connor was garbage tonight. Maguire is a waste of space. 

The kicker is that we’ve got nobody on the bench to do any better. You look at them and shudder. It’s totally beyond the realms of possibility that Ashford, JML and McAllister can turn a game. 

Hopefully they’ll all get punted and Mathie can unearth a few more non league gems. But until then, we’re in for a stinker of a next season.

Not that it would be difficult given how disgraceful the performances from the starters were, but both McAllister and JML improved us. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Not that it would be difficult given how disgraceful the performances from the starters were, but both McAllister and JML improved us. 

Marginally. Maybe I was unfair to McAllister. He brings a bit of bite. But JML offers next to zero imo. He’s got the presence of an empty crisp packet. 

10 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

I haven't gone back to check if its been mentioned already but why were the home fans allowed to switch stands as the teams were ready to start the 2nd half?

It's a tradition. 

League decider v Morton. 

firhill.jpg.e8b9ce4f3d6fb31c987b467da86d55cb.jpg