The Compo Faces Thread

WTAF is a Rain Garden? 😂

“A Cardiff shop owner is calling for a rain garden outside his shop to be scrapped as it keeps flooding and is putting off customers.

Qasim Din, who runs the shop on Tudor Street, says footfall to his business has halved since work started on transforming the road near Cardiff city centre in 2021.

He wants the rain garden turned into parking which he says will help boost his and others' businesses.”

IMG_7851.webp.ec43aa8d263ff32d44b0d943c0c0879f.webpIMG_7852.webp.b90a23498bfe12d59a157ef2460f7c8b.webp

“A rain garden is a patch of earth that usually contains grass, flowers and other plants and is designed to absorb surface run-off water after periods of rainfall.

As part of the £5m transformation of Tudor Street in 2021, a new segregated cycle path was installed along with a number of rain gardens along both sides of the street.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cn0n733xgnlo

“I have to put cotton wool in my ears to stop buzzing noise from broadband-boosting telegraph pole behind my home: Mother-of-two 'suffers headaches and sleepless nights' after 15m-tall mast was put up.

The family, from Yeadon, Leeds, West Yorkshire, believe it is caused by a freak side effect of sonic waves impacting their walls or roof - but there is no proof.”

IMG_7855.thumb.jpeg.cec7b343a62b6846169adfb64a02a6ec.jpeg

Photo with cotton wool…… 😂 

IMG_7856.jpeg.7f9c6490740fbace82695da4c34cccc6.jpeg

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

WTAF is a Rain Garden? 😂

A Rain Garden helps slow down / redirect water from the mains.  It acts in a similar fashion to a soakaway but the plants are key to absorbing excess water.  I suspect that the photo above used to have small tress / shrubs in it but over time theyve been ripped out so its now effectively just a muddy puddle.  SEPA encourage the use of rain gardens where properties are served by a combined sewage system because excess water in a sewer system causes issues at the treatment plant.  You''ll see them in effect in new developments  unless it can be dealt with by a larger site wide SUDs system or water permeable surfaces.

39 minutes ago, greendot said:

A Rain Garden helps slow down / redirect water from the mains.  It acts in a similar fashion to a soakaway but the plants are key to absorbing excess water.  I suspect that the photo above used to have small tress / shrubs in it but over time theyve been ripped out so its now effectively just a muddy puddle.  SEPA encourage the use of rain gardens where properties are served by a combined sewage system because excess water in a sewer system causes issues at the treatment plant.  You''ll see them in effect in new developments  unless it can be dealt with by a larger site wide SUDs system or water permeable surfaces.

Someone has pocketed £5M. Good work if you can get it. Looks like money down the drain though. 😜 

2 hours ago, Molotov said:

“I have to put cotton wool in my ears to stop buzzing noise from broadband-boosting telegraph pole behind my home: Mother-of-two 'suffers headaches and sleepless nights' after 15m-tall mast was put up.

The family, from Yeadon, Leeds, West Yorkshire, believe it is caused by a freak side effect of sonic waves impacting their walls or roof - but there is no proof.”

That's how you do a proper compo face

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

That's how you do a proper compo face

I think she also has some cotton wool in her ears in that second photo. Fcuking brilliant.

Is there a website out there that is actively encouraging this behaviour? Mumsnet maybe? 

6 hours ago, Molotov said:

Sonic waves, f**k off.

A DRIVER claims he has been left with a £4,000 repair bill after being sold an allegedly faulty car by a major dealership.

Matthew Harris, from Peterborough, Northamptonshire, alleges that his VW Tiguan had a range of pre-existing, and even potentially dangerous, faults when he bought it in June last year

e84cbe2c-5afb-43c6-a178-676e9bcb282f.jpg

The vehicle was sold with 55,413 miles on it, just over 1,000 miles after the MOT.

Mr Harris claims that after driving it for only around 600 miles, he began to feel a "grinding" when using the brakes and that the car began to overheat.

He told The Sun Online: "I spoke to big Motoring World and they said to put it in my local garage to see what's wrong

8484c35b-cb17-440e-aea3-d6f7088ce5d3.jpg

12 hours ago, bennett said:

A DRIVER claims he has been left with a £4,000 repair bill after being sold an allegedly faulty car by a major dealership.

Matthew Harris, from Peterborough, Northamptonshire, alleges that his VW Tiguan had a range of pre-existing, and even potentially dangerous, faults when he bought it in June last year

e84cbe2c-5afb-43c6-a178-676e9bcb282f.jpg

The vehicle was sold with 55,413 miles on it, just over 1,000 miles after the MOT.

Mr Harris claims that after driving it for only around 600 miles, he began to feel a "grinding" when using the brakes and that the car began to overheat.

He told The Sun Online: "I spoke to big Motoring World and they said to put it in my local garage to see what's wrong

8484c35b-cb17-440e-aea3-d6f7088ce5d3.jpg

Surprised that the dealers were not called something that sounds like Carnold Lark  

Edited by tamthebam

STEAM ROLL-ERED 

I’m being pushed out of my home by GREGGS – drive-thru will destroy my garden with fumes coming over fence

kathy-skinner-outside-former-george-8835

GREGGS is leading a woman to threaten she will sell up as a drive-thru is set to become her next door neighbour.

Kathy Skinner, 51, fears the vehicles in line for their sausage rolls will bring fumes, noise, and litter and ruin her Reading home

kathy-skinner-former-george-dragon-88353

18 minutes ago, bennett said:

STEAM ROLL-ERED 

I’m being pushed out of my home by GREGGS – drive-thru will destroy my garden with fumes coming over fence

kathy-skinner-outside-former-george-8835

GREGGS is leading a woman to threaten she will sell up as a drive-thru is set to become her next door neighbour.

Kathy Skinner, 51, fears the vehicles in line for their sausage rolls will bring fumes, noise, and litter and ruin her Reading home

kathy-skinner-former-george-dragon-88353

Is that first picture her house and garden?