Bonnyrigg Rose 2023-24 Best supported team in SPFL2

1 hour ago, wingnut said:

I don’t know the guy’s career but be good for Boomtown if he can keep them in the league and a few teams will think the same as they take good numbers to away games 

Nothing against Bonnyrigg but find "Boomtown" and "Rosey Posey"a bit cringeworthy.

Anybody any ideas what they actually represent 🙅‍♀️

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Nothing against Bonnyrigg but find "Boomtown" and "Rosey Posey"a bit cringeworthy.

Ach, if the community likes it, its their club.

16 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Rosey Posey is quite sweet and reminds me of East Stirlingshire being called Shirey Pirey. And Bonnyrigg might be playing them quite soon.

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Are these any more cringeworthy than Jam Tarts, Hibees, Killie, Dons, Buddies, Pars, Bairns, Spiders, Doonhamers, Wasps? (I could go on!)

It’s just a nickname, it’s meaningless. 

I don’t know the derivation of Boomtown, but I do know it has been used in the town for 20 or more years.

12 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Are these any more cringeworthy than Jam Tarts, Hibees, Killie, Dons, Buddies, Pars, Bairns, Spiders, Doonhamers, Wasps? (I could go on!)

I don’t know the derivation of Boomtown, but I do know it has been used in the town for 20 or more years.

Ok Rosey Posey it is. 

I suppose  a Posey could refer to the Rose flower.

It's no meaningless when it's in the songbook though.

And yes Boomtown has been mentioned for years but is it any Boomier than Penicuik or Dalkeith. :lol:

Each to their own I suppose. 

15 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Trying to imagine the sheer confusion on the Bonnyrigg faces as wee Danny tries to get them to play his trademark brand of possession based football. 

i'd have loved this for entertainment value.  would have possibly been the biggest instant change in playing style ever seen at a scottish club. 

57 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Something to do with Bob Geldof’s band?

42 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Ok Rosey Posey it is. 

I suppose  a Posey could refer to the Rose flower.

It's no meaningless when it's in the songbook though.

And yes Boomtown has been mentioned for years but is it any Boomier than Penicuik or Dalkeith. :lol:

Each to their own I suppose. 

Population wise 2001-21:

Bonnyrigg +27%
Dalkeith +29% 
Penicuik +8%
Rosewell +78%

It’s official: Dalkeith is boomier than Boomtown Bonnyrigg, but Rosewell is boomier still.

1 minute ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Population wise 2001-21:

Bonnyrigg +27%
Dalkeith +29% 
Penicuik +8%
Rosewell +78%

It’s official: Dalkeith is boomier than Boomtown Bonnyrigg, but Rosewell is boomier still.

Will be one big joined up place wi Rosewell soon enough. :barf

Anyway good luck to the new lad gonnae have to come oot the traps flying though. 

Could be a shrewd bit business by Cowdenbeath getting compo for Elliot then announce Horn. :lol:

23 hours ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

If the appointment is going down the “local jobs for local people” route, here’s the Wiki list of ex-footballers who were schooled at Lasswade HS:

Gary Locke (ex Hearts). Seen on average five times daily by anybody who ever visits Bonnyrigg. He’s everywhere.

Gary Mason (ex Dunfermline). Don’t remember him. 

Gary Naysmith (ex Hearts). Might he want to leave Stenhousemuir so he can get to Dani’s chippy or Gigi’s quicker on a Saturday night?

All of them are called Gary, there must be something in that.

Oh, it says Steven Whittaker too. He’s not called Gary, so he’s out. Although I’d heard he was from Peebles. Don’t trust Wiki, or me, on this.

There’s also ex Hibs goalie Graeme Smith who lives in Bonnyrigg next door to my pal. (Very close to being a Gary.)

Then there’s David Gray (anagram of Gary) who I believe grew up in Roslin, which is just a short but terrifying drive through Polton Road brae away from Bonnyrigg.

What do we take from this? The next manager is called Gary. Just you wait and see…

Wasn't to be.....

Screenshot_20240325_125945_Google.jpg

Think Calum will do well at Bonnyrigg given time. 

Plays an attractive brand of football with high intensity and lots of pressing.  Does that suit the current Bonnyrigg team?

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Think Calum will do well at Bonnyrigg given time. 

Plays an attractive brand of football with high intensity and lots of pressing.  Does that suit the current Bonnyrigg team?

Eh...

2 hours ago, onecowden said:

Good luck to Callum Elliot. Thoroughly nice guy. He had us playing some good stuff. I think he’ll succeed with better players. 

May be a wee problem with this theory... they have a squad full of guff.