Bonnyrigg Rose 2023-24 Best supported team in SPFL2

It’s a bold call making the move to pull the trigger on Robbie Horn’s time at the club unless they have someone already lined up?

The problem is, who wants to take charge of a side in serious decline and likely to drop out the SPFL?

Bonnyrigg absolutely need to get someone who knows League 2 football and not some EoS jobber. I’d say that would rule out John Hughes - plus I don’t think he’d take the job.

Who else would be in contention; Greig McDonald, Stevie Crawford (having left Rosyth), Alan Maybury or it is time for ‘Duffyball’ with Jim Duffy?

Alternatively, Gary Locke would be box office stuff. Emergency Loan from Hearts’ Gorgie Suite until the summer.

If the appointment is going down the “local jobs for local people” route, here’s the Wiki list of ex-footballers who were schooled at Lasswade HS:

Gary Locke (ex Hearts). Seen on average five times daily by anybody who ever visits Bonnyrigg. He’s everywhere.

Gary Mason (ex Dunfermline). Don’t remember him. 

Gary Naysmith (ex Hearts). Might he want to leave Stenhousemuir so he can get to Dani’s chippy or Gigi’s quicker on a Saturday night?

All of them are called Gary, there must be something in that.

Oh, it says Steven Whittaker too. He’s not called Gary, so he’s out. Although I’d heard he was from Peebles. Don’t trust Wiki, or me, on this.

There’s also ex Hibs goalie Graeme Smith who lives in Bonnyrigg next door to my pal. (Very close to being a Gary.)

Then there’s David Gray (anagram of Gary) who I believe grew up in Roslin, which is just a short but terrifying drive through Polton Road brae away from Bonnyrigg.

What do we take from this? The next manager is called Gary. Just you wait and see…

35 minutes ago, DontForgetToBringATaouil said:

It’s a bold call making the move to pull the trigger on Robbie Horn’s time at the club unless they have someone already lined up?

The problem is, who wants to take charge of a side in serious decline and likely to drop out the SPFL?

Bonnyrigg absolutely need to get someone who knows League 2 football and not some EoS jobber. I’d say that would rule out John Hughes - plus I don’t think he’d take the job.

Who else would be in contention; Greig McDonald, Stevie Crawford (having left Rosyth), Alan Maybury or it is time for ‘Duffyball’ with Jim Duffy?

Alternatively, Gary Locke would be box office stuff. Emergency Loan from Hearts’ Gorgie Suite until the summer.

Gary Jardine........

19 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

If the appointment is going down the “local jobs for local people” route, here’s the Wiki list of ex-footballers who were schooled at Lasswade HS:

Gary Locke (ex Hearts). Seen on average five times daily by anybody who ever visits Bonnyrigg. He’s everywhere.

Gary Mason (ex Dunfermline). Don’t remember him. 

Gary Naysmith (ex Hearts). Might he want to leave Stenhousemuir so he can get to Dani’s chippy or Gigi’s quicker on a Saturday night?

All of them are called Gary, there must be something in that.

Oh, it says Steven Whittaker too. He’s not called Gary, so he’s out. Although I’d heard he was from Peebles. Don’t trust Wiki, or me, on this.

There’s also ex Hibs goalie Graeme Smith who lives in Bonnyrigg next door to my pal. (Very close to being a Gary.)

Then there’s David Gray (anagram of Gary) who I believe grew up in Roslin, which is just a short but terrifying drive through Polton Road brae away from Bonnyrigg.

What do we take from this? The next manager is called Gary. Just you wait and see…

Steven Whittaker? 🤣🤣 Why exactly would he leave a championship club with his good pal, to manage a team heading for the trapdoor? Biggest laugh I'd had all weekend 

Unless it's an amicable decision? You would think they have someone lined up? Sometimes a different view is needed but they stuck with him last year & they stayed up. So feck  knows 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Really? Bonnyrigg have been absolutely terrible for a long time and it didn’t even remotely look like changing. They had to try something, even letting one of the senior players step up for the rest of the season is better than sticking with something that clearly isn’t working. 

The fact that they've been rotten for so long is part of my point.  For the best chance of change and improvement ripping the plaster off far earlier than now with just 6 matches left made more sense? Desperate times I suppose, but Is a Lee Currie or similar going to get more our of a McGachie or Osadolor?  I cant see it, but also happy for the possible benefits for Clyde.  

7 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

The fact that they've been rotten for so long is part of my point.  For the best chance of change and improvement ripping the plaster off far earlier than now with just 6 matches left made more sense? Desperate times I suppose, but Is a Lee Currie or similar going to get more our of a McGachie or Osadolor?  I cant see it, but also happy for the possible benefits for Clyde.  

We let Gavin Price go with 5 games left of last season after a run of 5 points from 13 games. It sparked enough of an upturn in form to keep us in the league. Sometimes a managerial reign just runs it course 

Edited by CrispyMelon
Missed words

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Steven Whittaker? 🤣🤣 Why exactly would he leave a championship club with his good pal, to manage a team heading for the trapdoor? Biggest laugh I'd had all weekend 

Oh dear, did you read my silly wee message as a list of potential candidates? 

It was a daft wee rift on the fact that every ex footballer from Bonnyrigg is called Gary.

Have two emojis on me. 🎃🇨🇦

IMG_0528.jpeg

Edited by Le Tout P'ti FC
Thereisalight being an eejit

4 minutes ago, Glorious Purpose said:

They probably should’ve pulled the trigger earlier but you’d imagine Horn’s remit was to keep them up, which looked more than likely until the last few weeks, despite their rotten form. He probably had a fair bit of goodwill in the bank as well given he got them here in the first place.

Either way a change now is far better than sticking with what they were doing. Bonnyrigg have a very limited squad so I’m sceptical it will make a big difference but they had to roll the dice IMO.

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

Oh dear, did you read my silly wee message as a list of potential candidates? 

It was a daft wee rift on the fact that every ex footballer from Bonnyrigg is called Gary.

Have two emojis on me. 🎃🇨🇦

IMG_0528.jpeg

That's how rumours start though 🤣 waiting to see tomorrow if the Sun or Record run with him being a contender 👻

3 minutes ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

As long as they put Gary O’Connor on the list, I’ll be happy.

He's a decent guy. Saw him at a charity game a wee while back. Surely can't make the list though due to the appalling extra R in Gary