The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

1 hour ago, HarleyQuinn said:

WHAT A PERFORMANCE! Delighted with the comeback.

McGrath and McGarry were brilliant when they came on. Definite starters going forward. The recruitment this summer (so far) has been superb.

Hacken are the current Swedish Champions. We made them look average.

So pleased with Aberdeen.

Cheers for heads up on the Globe. Great boozer and had it on about 7 screens! What a difference in our team now, would never have came back under the past regime(s). Best performance of the season so far, much reason for optimism?! 

7 minutes ago, BrodieJ12 said:

Cheers for heads up on the Globe. Great boozer and had it on about 7 screens! What a difference in our team now, would never have came back under the past regime(s). Best performance of the season so far, much reason for optimism?! 

No worries mate. Glad you were able to catch the game. The Globe is a great sports bar.

giphy.gif

21 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Some fucking mug on the Aberdeen v Celtic thread had the temerity to say that European football was a class above Nicky Devlin’s capabilities. Bet he feels like a clown now, eh?

I love it his attitude. If it weren't for Shinnie he'd probably be the Aberdeen captain. Brilliant Messi-esque finish for his goal. He's always stood out for me when we played against Livingston. I genuinely believe he's an upgrade on McCrorie at right back. And we got him on a free. Absolutely delighted with him. Set up a goal on Friday and scored tonight.

Edited by HarleyQuinn

Got tickets for next Thursday .  Section P in the South Stand....or South Terrace as it was known last time I sat on the benches there.  Still a good few seats available in what is usually the away section but surely they will all be gone in next couple of days. 

58 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

Got tickets for next Thursday .  Section P in the South Stand....or South Terrace as it was known last time I sat on the benches there.  Still a good few seats available in what is usually the away section but surely they will all be gone in next couple of days. 

Just over 300 tickets left.

Ludicrous that there’ll be 1000 seats empty in the Merkland.

21 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

And you're finding that out today. Against a club that nobody in Scotland had heard of until recently.

Just in case you need some European football education.  They are champions of the league that Malmö play in, and currently in second place midway through this season.

Malmö I believe have some recent experience of winning ties against three Scottish clubs including your own.  That may give you a gauge of the strength of their league, which it would be fair to say is comparable with ours.

19 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The only negative I see from tonight, apart from the two goals we lost, is why did Miovski have to be so good with a full week of the transfer window left.

I thought at the Celtic game that Miovski had the look of a player that's gone to the 'next level'.  We need to enjoy him whilst we can - and hope we get through the next week without any offers that can't be refused.

Maybe Hibs trashing the already low reputation of our league down south will help there - but could see Bojan being wanted by clubs from other 'big five' nations.

Europa League is worth at least 5 million and probably can add another 2 million from 3 sold out games. 

Would be interesting to see how the Conference League would compare exactly. Obviously less but more likely to pick up a win/draw bonus and maybe be in Pot 3 instead of Pot 4.

With a very lucky draw, the Europa league does offer the prospect of finishing 3rd and dropping into the Conference qualifiers.

We would be 4th seeds, and could end up in a group where even taking a point or two is a minor triumph (but then we thought that in 2007 when all our opponents were in a different financial stratosphere).

The Conference groups should contain at least one side that a couple of wins over could be targeted against - but against all expectations a few weeks back, we are probably now 60/40 to be in the Europa.

Edited by tarapoa