The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

13 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

This is quite bizarre. An obviously quality team with an away support of 25 or so. 

Are they a Swedish version of Gretna? 

They are the Chievo of their city - with IFK Gothenburg being the Hellas Verona.

There's been a couple of times in recent years when I thought Cove may start to play that role !   Teams with some dosh, a smart recruitment policy and without the pressure of a large fanbase can sometimes be very effective these days.

image.png.8f79f6fc5b192af8b3e1cc819d079457.png

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Quite funny the ref initially thought sadiq dived. 

The guys around us in the south celebrated the yellow card like a goal, while my mate and I just looked at each other and ‘that’s getting overturned’. 

I was down by the fence in the south and it looked a pen all day long. 

🤣

Tbh the first camera angle on the TV looked a dive. That was from behind.

After that, the only hope we had was if he got a stud on the ball.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Quite funny the ref initially thought sadiq dived. 

The guys around us in the south celebrated the yellow card like a goal, while my mate and I just looked at each other and ‘that’s getting overturned’. 

I was down by the fence in the south and it looked a pen all day long. 

James McFadden giving it 'it's a penalty...wait, no it's not, good decision not to give it....wait, it is a penalty' just sums him up as a commentator.

Like Andy Walker, he struggles even to describe what he's looking at.

8 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Like Andy Walker, he struggles even to describe what he's looking at.

Yes, I know he is been paid for his gig but really a football Scottish icon gets him the spot.

In reality, like most fans, sees what he thinks has happened, only to be corrected reviewing the video replay. Add a number of more angles to view ( VAR) and we are all bamboozled. 

Ah who would be the fanny in black. 

12 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

The cheeks used to always alternate with one playing a 6pm (UK time) tie away before the other player 8pm at home. We may see similar this year with us and the orcs.

UEFA have confirmed that us and Rangers will kick off at different times to maximise the TV audiences.

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

They are the Chievo of their city - with IFK Gothenburg being the Hellas Verona.

There's been a couple of times in recent years when I thought Cove may start to play that role !   Teams with some dosh, a smart recruitment policy and without the pressure of a large fanbase can sometimes be very effective these days.

image.png.8f79f6fc5b192af8b3e1cc819d079457.png

I'm dubious about those average gates.

I'vebeen to home matches for IFK Göteborg and Djurgårdens IF and there was just under 12,500 for each although both matches were against Halmstads BK.

1 hour ago, O_Kahn said:

but I think Rubezic will be okay. 

The early signs aren't promising but I'll give the lad time to settle.

The frustating aspect of last night for me is they had one player that was a class above (everyone on the pitch)in Sadiq.

However, we allowed their midfield too much space to supply Sadiq, and in the end, despite the defensive failings, I believe it was in the midfield the game was lost.

Shinnie needs help as, although his mind is willing, I don't think he's physically capable any longer, certainly not alone. I think that's where we miss Ramadani alongside him, and Ramadani hasn't been replaced.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

33 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

The early signs aren't promising but I'll give the lad time to settle.

Now now - in true Dons social media/ AFC Chat style, this boy should be written off as a bombscare long by now.   Understanding the challenges of a young lad coming to a different country, settling into a brand new defence with a busy and challenging fixture schedule is not part of the deal.

image.png.7dc4c734bf967641c40583789862043f.png

Edited by tarapoa

25 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Now now - in true Dons social media/ AFC Chat style, this boy should be written off as a bombscare long by now.   Understanding the challenges of a young lad coming to a different country, settling into a brand new defence with a busy and challenging fixture schedule is not part of the deal.

image.png.7dc4c734bf967641c40583789862043f.png

Haha, Bully's special prize isn't all that interesting after all

18 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

image.png.79a302c98dd4ed41e05f5545b14b19a9.png

How the f**k did Hearts manage to get Latvian opponents in this last season?

Our best hope of smuggling a win or two in this thing would appear to be avoiding Genk and Besiktas from Pot 3.

Interesting. I just had to check last years draw.

With 7.83 co-efficient points they were pot 3, and with 8.00 points Aberdeen are pot 4. Seems as though the competition has got slightly better in a year.

Still , I assume the bottom 2 on that pot 3 list will be of a similar standard to Riga.

29 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Haha, Bully's special prize isn't all that interesting after all

Agreed, not particularly interesting, but certainly would have given optimism that you may have avoided 4th place and got to the knockouts.

Edited by ScottMc77
typo

3 minutes ago, ScottMc77 said:

Agreed, not particularly interesting, but certainly would have given optimism that you may have avoided 4th place and got to the knockouts.

Not a chance, The top 2 should qualify and Molde should get 4 points from Hacken