The Famous Aberdeen’s European Tour 2023/24

Frank Grimes

Just saw something on Twitter about UEFA banning Eintracht Frankfurt fans from the Aberdeen game due to their behaviour in Helsinki. Hopefully not true because I was hoping for a good atmosphere at the game.

Edited by STFU_Donny

23 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

That’s a real shame. 

I do fear that the combination of kick off time, no away fans, the fact it’s a dead rubber and a cup final round the corner will mean a home competitive fixture against a serious European team will be very poorly attended. 

There looks to be about 2500 tickets available. We still have prize money to play for so it’s not a complete write off. Plus now we’re going to miss out on the +£40k we’d have gotten from the away fans so any additional prize money would be welcome.

Anybody heading over to Helsinki next week?

Lived there for a year in 2018 and looking forward to going back and the place being full of Dandies.

Irish bars mentioned on social media are likely to be the best for affordable beers and good congregation point for Dandies. There are other cheap places but these are outside of the city centre - Uudenmaankatu and Eerikinkatu are good for bars but you will likely pay through the nose for a pint. 

Food wise, would recommend heading towards Hietalahden Kauppahalli if you like your street food and something to warm you up.

On 24/11/2023 at 11:21, anotherchance said:

Anybody heading over to Helsinki next week?

Lived there for a year in 2018 and looking forward to going back and the place being full of Dandies.

Irish bars mentioned on social media are likely to be the best for affordable beers and good congregation point for Dandies. There are other cheap places but these are outside of the city centre - Uudenmaankatu and Eerikinkatu are good for bars but you will likely pay through the nose for a pint. 

Food wise, would recommend heading towards Hietalahden Kauppahalli if you like your street food and something to warm you up.

I'm going but I hate going abroad and end up in an Irish bar. My experience of Irish bars abroad is they are the most expensive. 

1500 going over so expect Irish bars to be full anyway - hopefully there is a cheap bar just off the side street.

What is the price of a pint - £7?

5 hours ago, betting competition said:

I'm going but I hate going abroad and end up in an Irish bar. My experience of Irish bars abroad is they are the most expensive. 

1500 going over so expect Irish bars to be full anyway - hopefully there is a cheap bar just off the side street.

There’s a big bar open very late , holds 1000, that’s advertising 3.5 euro pints. Hopefully full of strippers/hookers for the boys 

Edited by 1GregStewart

On 26/11/2023 at 10:50, betting competition said:

Probably nearer 10 Euro depending on where you go (craft beers likely nearer 15) but there are cheap and cheerful places if you keep an eye out.

It'll be Macdonald, ruby and Jensen at the back with Duncan and hayes full backs I think. 

Playing the boy Gueye tho, apparently he was mince against the broch or whoever it was we played in the cup. Skied a pen too didn't he...?

Weirdly, I think we'll win tonight.

Edited by GTG_03

4 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

It'll be Macdonald, ruby and Jensen at the back with Duncan and hayes full backs I think. 

Playing the boy Gueye tho, apparently he was mince against the broch or whoever it was we played in the cup. Skied a pen too didn't he...?

Weirdly, I think we'll win tonight.

Milne in midfield?