Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

Don’t think 2-0 is enough, but every single Thistle fan would’ve been delighted with it before the game. Probably should’ve been more but a couple of good saves and some poor play in the box prevented that. But we’re heading to Dingwall in a good position, which is about all we could hope for. 

With only a small amount of disrespect intended, I don’t know what the f**k has gone wrong in Dhanda‘s career for him to be at Ross County at the age of 24. A really, really classy footballer. 

2-0 should be more than enough.

It's only not enough if you wanted everything done and dusted tonight.

As things stand, the better team, with the better manager, are already 2 ahead going to face a team who had 16 available outfield players tonight and now have 2 of them suspended.

19 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Don’t think 2-0 is enough, but every single Thistle fan would’ve been delighted with it before the game. Probably should’ve been more but a couple of good saves and some poor play in the box prevented that. But we’re heading to Dingwall in a good position, which is about all we could hope for. 

With only a small amount of disrespect intended, I don’t know what the f**k has gone wrong in Dhanda‘s career for him to be at Ross County at the age of 24. A really, really classy footballer. 

He hasn’t been used properly for the majority of the season and Mackay inexplicably left him out of the team for the first 10 games or so in favour of Ross fucking Callachan. He’s far too good for us and will be off next season regardless of what league we’re playing in.

Edited by Staggie_93

18 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I lost count the number of times he gave the ball away with simple 10 yard passes.

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

Brian Graham and Aaron Muirhead in a full Premiership with VAR.

What could go wrong? 

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/rugby-union/why-the-referee-failed-to-send-off-aaron-muirhead-against-rangers-334421

He may struggle with VAR. Should have got the freedom of Falkirk for that though.

Thistle were excellent again. Am I correct in thinking only three teams have been promoted from championship via play offs since play offs were reintroduced? The championship gets bad rep but some decent teams in there. I can’t believe just how bad Ross County are, and by extension, just how bad Dundee Utd must be. I knew they were both poor but the gap between bottom 3/4 in Premiership and top 4 in Championship doesn’t exist. Hope Thistle complete the job and think they will quite comfortably. 

Fair play, not only the better team on the night, but the better team in general. That being said, Thistle must be absolutely spewing they haven’t put 5/6 past that hapless pile of shit there. If that fat f**k isn’t out of a job tomorrow morning, there’s no hope on Sunday. I’ll not be holding my breath though. 

Felt slightly disappointed after only being 2-0 up, but as Doolan and others have said, I'd have taken that before kickoff.

County probably edged first 10 minutes but we then got on the front foot.

In a funny way, the sending off perhaps, helped County, keep the score down as they had to focus  also that Samuel guy looked a waste of a hersey. 

Anyway, only half-time and I'd take a 0-0 shit-fest, but we don't really do them.

By feck, these playoffs are exhausting 🤣

EXCLUSIVE: malky mackay's player ratings -

"Go on, fat Brownlie. Nothing like a centre half that strolls through football matches and wins just about everything.” – On central defender Darren Brownlie.

"He's a snake, a skillful snake. Not to be trusted. Or left to cut inside onto his left foot.” – Referring to Steven Lawless

"Fkn gingers.” “Fk it. There’s enough dogs in Dingwall for us all to go around.” – Referring to Simon Murray's impotent cameo and grotesque features

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its interesting how the next generation of managers coming through seem relatively exciting in what they want to do (bar Barry Robson who seems to be on the pathway to the "win your battles, dont concede" mindset boring the life out of everyone).

Doolan seems happy to play high risk, high reward, football with a plan. Steven MacLean similar with us and i think Naismith is on the same path.

Doolan’s interview, and Thistle’s style of play, reminded me a lot of Rhys McCabe, so I do wonder if we’ll see a lot more of this over the next few years. I wonder if we’ll start to see a lot of teams move towards younger, more progressive coaches after the relatively high profile success of Doolan and McCabe. A lot of the appointments this summer already fit that (St. Johnstone, Kelty, Elgin, Peterhead). They won’t all work but it’s more exciting than the same old jobbers appearing everywhere.

I went along tonight and really enjoyed the game, though it does feel like a slight missed opportunity for Thistle. I was at the first leg against Ayr and both times Thistle have been excellent going forward, really enjoyable to watch. Sunday will be a big test but you have to fancy them to score again, which should be enough. There can’t be many better ways to win promotion than battering everyone you come across, with a modern day legend in charge.

Just back. What a game! I love the way Thistle play, they're a delight to watch and I really hope their spurned chances don't cost them. They should've scored more, but at 2-0 Ross County are very much still in this, especially if they take an early lead in Dingwall.

These play-offs have produced some really great games and, whilst Thistle have the advantage, it wouldn't surprise me if County can still pull off a shock up there. I really hope I'm wrong, as it would be brilliant to see Thistle back in the top flight, especially if they play like that. 

Doolan said he's not going to change anything and they will be looking to win the tie, but I'm not sure that's the best approach. Anyway, looking forward to the game on Sunday. 

'mon the Jags!

I have been watching Thistle for just shy of 50 years and I've not loved any time more than I've loved the last 3 weeks. 

An absolute joy to watch and tonight was no different. 

All it lacked was the couple of extra goals that would have all but sealed promotion before the second leg. 

As it is, it's far from over. 

County do have some attributes, and in areas where we have potential weaknesses. That will prey on my mind when sleep is hard to find in the next few days. 

That said I think we are more than capable of scoring in Dingwall and winning on Sunday as well as winning overall. 

It's going to take one more huge 90 minutes from this group of players but do that and they will forever be thought of as Thistle Legends

Edited by John MacLean

48 minutes ago, Mr November said:

I went along tonight and really enjoyed the game, though it does feel like a slight missed opportunity for Thistle. I was at the first leg against Ayr and both times Thistle have been excellent going forward, really enjoyable to watch. Sunday will be a big test but you have to fancy them to score again, which should be enough. There can’t be many better ways to win promotion than battering everyone you come across, with a modern day legend in charge.

Big team found 😎.

5 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Oh dear! The McCall lover is back.

I honestly dont think Ive ever seen a positive Thistle post from you.

Most of the negative ones reference McCall.

The guys been gone for months mate, move on.

You are a proper doom monger without any comment to back up your negativity. Then use "McCall lover" to deflect it when called out on it. 

Odd individual who seemingly cant stand any sort of success for the team they claim to support.

Hope youre okay in the real world. Always remember its good to talk to someone if not.