LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

First half all Athletic. Played some nice stuff and deserved 3 goal lead numbers 8 and 9 looked very decent.

2nd half all Rose . Scored 5 and could have had 2 or 3 more. Athletic just never got going.

Superb stuff from Dylan Paterson and congratulations to the terracing side linesman for the worst offside decision I have seen in years.

Edited by FuzzyBear

From the unacceptable to the unbelievable.

After the first 45 minutes there looked like only one winner as the Big Beggars totally outplayed a very poor Rose. Who were defensively very poor.

Whatever was said at half-time worked, for me the big difference was bringing on Ogilvie who provide stability in midfield, which was sorely missing in the first half.

Actually for once agree with Fuzzy that the Big Beggars 8, 9 and 11 were decent 

Paterson with 4 against his old team including an absolute screamer and 1 from Baxter provided what looked an unlikely victory at half-time.

Edited by Auld Heid

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

From the unacceptable to the unbelievable.

After the first 45 minutes there looked like only one winner as the Big Beggars totally outplayed a very poor Rose. Who were defensively very poor.

Whatever was said at half-time worked, for me the big difference was bringing on Ogilvie who provide stability in midfield, which was sorely missing in the first half.

Actually for once agree with Fuzzy that the Big Beggars 8, 9 and 11 were decent 

Paterson with 4 against his old team including an absolute screamer and 1 from Cokesy provided what looked an unlikely victory at half-time.

It was Baxter who got the other goal.

41 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

congratulations to the terracing side linesman for the worst offside decision I have seen in years.

It looked that to me as well but I'm wondering if it's a "phase" thing. It was played by the defender last but was he offside when the Rose man played the ball before that?

40 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

They also brought a bigger support than your mob normally bring.

Only cos Rangers play tomorrow and lots of folk refuse to pay you gate money. Love how that continues to make you angry 😄 

20 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Serious question - do the two Bo'ness sides have different supports or do Bo'nessers generally support both and go to see whoever is at home or has the more attractive match?

Predominantly different, a small minority watch both and a few glory hunters defected completely when Max was making a James Blunt of BU and Athletic were running away with an amateurs league (also featuring Armadale).

Edited by 8MileBU

4 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Need to remember as well that the team that started last night was missing Bennie, Cammy, Thom, Allison, Ogilvie, McKirdy, Heaver and Sneddon. .

Herdy was always going to freshen up selection last night. 

Binnie, Ogilvie and Heaver were the only real absentees from recent selection and 2 of them came on.

The others with exception of Sneddon are currently injured.

Last night's starting 11 was decent enough - Docherty, Cunningham and McMinn were all strong changes.

Paterson is a real talent. He'll get picked up soon from higher up with performances like that. 

For me he's better than Stowe but will need to be consistent. We'll done on a great comeback. Came along as thought it looked an intriguing tie...did not dissapoint!!