LINLITHGOW ROSE 23/24

GorgieRose

On 01/10/2023 at 14:16, searchers1963 said:

Yous seem to be bringing in lots of players seem to be attacking players or midfielders.

You would think they'd be looking to recruit a defender even on loan

To be fair Liam Alison and Gary Thom aren’t far away from fitness and those two in the past have been rarely injured.

We’ll be a different team with those two in there at CB with Webb as cover too but I would like to see us sign a CB proven at this level. We’ve done well to get the points we have with our defensive woes this season.

On 01/10/2023 at 09:36, CowdenLoyal said:

Looks like Rose were fortunate to get a point albeit with a couple of decent chances at 1-1. Fair play Berwick.

How did the entitled galacticos of Roseshire act this week at what on paper looked as though it should have been a formality due to Berwick's struggles?

Come on now. You aren’t going to be a team we are going to hate with Bo’ness, Tranent and East Kilbride in here.

Looking forward to putting your gas at a peep in a month or so though. 🌹 

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

To be fair Liam Alison and Gary Thom aren’t far away from fitness and those two in the past have been rarely injured.

We’ll be a different team with those two in there at CB with Webb as cover too but I would like to see us sign a CB proven at this level. We’ve done well to get the points we have with our defensive woes this season.

Thom and Allison are very decent, but Webb is the weak link in you're team, not sure of exact stats but he will be high up in % of being the cause of most goals you concede. He's woeful 😳🤦

2 hours ago, andrew21 said:

Three of your four league wins have been against teams currently sitting 13th,16th and 17th in the league and you couldn't even beat an Edinburgh uni team that's bottom of the league conceding an average of more than four goals a game. 

Don’t worry pal that will change. Once we get a defence on the park we’ll start winning games. EK for me have been head and shoulders above every other team we’ve played.

Nothing in it between all the rest except maybe Gretna. I thought the Uni were decent against us but we did play with 10 men for half the game.

Well come good. Scoring and creating chances just need to shore up the back line. 🌹 

2 hours ago, Rubikscube said:

Thom and Allison are very decent, but Webb is the weak link in you're team, not sure of exact stats but he will be high up in % of being the cause of most goals you concede. He's woeful 😳🤦

I think that’s harsh. We’ve not had a back four made up of defenders this season.

Weve lost most of our goals and lost/drawn games because of our lack of discipline rather than any player. None of the reds were for violent conduct or anything, all born from having midfielders playing at the back and leaving us a bit exposed. Not a slight at all as the players are doing everything they can. Just need a bit of luck on the injury front and we’ll start to motor. Still confident of a top 6 place. 🌹 

Another weekend where our injury woes continue to dictate a selection far removed from our strongest.

So despite making things difficult at times - there was also plenty positives from today's performance.

As Fuzzy suggests, the St Peters support were not the most pleasant bunch to have visited Linlithgow.

10 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Another weekend where our injury woes continue to dictate a selection far removed from our strongest.

So despite making things difficult at times - there was also plenty positives from today's performance.

As Fuzzy suggests, the St Peters support were not the most pleasant bunch to have visited Linlithgow.

Yous are always arguing with someone these days then play the innocent card. 

On 02/10/2023 at 20:42, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I think that’s harsh. We’ve not had a back four made up of defenders this season.

Weve lost most of our goals and lost/drawn games because of our lack of discipline rather than any player. None of the reds were for violent conduct or anything, all born from having midfielders playing at the back and leaving us a bit exposed. Not a slight at all as the players are doing everything they can. Just need a bit of luck on the injury front and we’ll start to motor. Still confident of a top 6 place. 🌹 

To back up my statement that I made, would you like to elaborate as to where stray pass come from across 18yd box for St Peters 1st goal. As I said previously.  Weak link. 🤦🤦

On 15/10/2023 at 10:04, searchers1963 said:

Yous are always arguing with someone these days then play the innocent card. 

There wasn't any arguments between the fans. The St Peters' fans were just a bit rowdy / over boisterous. They also invaded the park after each of their goals. The game was played like a pre-season friendly, so at least they added some noise to a very flat occasion.

7 hours ago, justinjest said:

There wasn't any arguments between the fans. The St Peters' fans were just a bit rowdy / over boisterous. They also invaded the park after each of their goals. The game was played like a pre-season friendly, so at least they added some noise to a very flat occasion.

It was more what they were upto in the club toilets.

Very unfortunate to come away with nothing tonight, disappointing to see Alison back out injured too. Feels like we'll not see a settled back four all season. 

On the plus side, Cammy Thomson was immense, great to see him back. Thought Callum Rae did well too. 

8 hours ago, Zenith said:

Very unfortunate to come away with nothing tonight, disappointing to see Alison back out injured too. Feels like we'll not see a settled back four all season. 

On the plus side, Cammy Thomson was immense, great to see him back. Thought Callum Rae did well too. 

Played well but 2 questionable decisions - disallowed goal and elbow on Calum and 1 dreadful decision - no.18 punching Dylan all went against us.

Strange rule that Calum has to leave field due to blood yet we don't even get  a foul and don't get me started in main staind asst ref.