Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

Took the game in today and really enjoyed it, though the amount of petty fouls were starting to really annoy me at times.

I think Bo’ness were good for the win, Stenhouse’s goal was definitely over, we were right in line with it at the time and the whole ball was definitely over, despite what Bernie White was saying in the Braves goal. Thought he was excellent in the First Half and looked a level above.

I thought Bo’ness huffed and puffed in the Seond Half, but I thought the best spell of the half you had was after the Second goal went in and Tom Grant was brought on. 

Some free kick by Braves, in what was probably their only chance of the match. 

Really enjoyed the afternoon and will definitely get along to see Bo’ness again over the season.

Edited by BB_Bino

Was an absolute joy watching Lucas in the first half today, the amount of players he skipped past was wonderful and gave their left back such a roasting that he had to come off at half time. He seemed to fade a bit second half, but that might have been because he was on the other side of the pitch from me.

Great finish from Kyle too, hopefully gives him the boost he needs to kick on this season.

51 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Took the game in today and really enjoyed it, though the amount of petty fouls were starting to really annoy me at times.

Referee was grade 1 ref Gavin Duncan.   To say that he was lenient would be an understatement.  Once the players knew the cards were having a quiet day both teams decided to take the P.   Really broke the game up which maybe suited both teams in the heat..

(Gavin certainly would have had his cards as he forgot them in a Livingston game two year ago and made the Daily Record LOL)

On 03/09/2023 at 20:20, LongTimeLurker said:

TV cameras at Newtown Park maybe if the first round is televised? Not the same team now as played Aberdeen because many/most of the players moved to East Kilbride with Mick Kennedy.

BBC made the bizarre choice of UoS v Albion instead? BOOOOOOOO

Gutted, especially now I'm down in England and wont be able to make it up for the game

3 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Referee was grade 1 ref Gavin Duncan.   To say that he was lenient would be an understatement.  Once the players knew the cards were having a quiet day both teams decided to take the P.   Really broke the game up which maybe suited both teams in the heat..

(Gavin certainly would have had his cards as he forgot them in a Livingston game two year ago and made the Daily Record LOL)

And certainly didn't forget them at lithgae a couple of weeks ago, red one out after 30 seconds