Bo'ness United 2023/24

Deanburn Dave

Winning matches start with a solid defence and ours looked any thing but. The centre half situation has been done to death but from what I’ve heard the management are trying to find one. Going to cost money but who’s going to sell one for peanuts.
We won the previous week so why change the team unless you have to(which we did). Should have been kept to a minimum.
Hugely disappointed in the performances of Ryan Porteous, scored two in the first match but has been a bit of a luxury player since, maybe there are reasons. I would be interested to hear them. 
Being second best is not good enough.

17 hours ago, boheesian said:

Winning matches start with a solid defence and ours looked any thing but. The centre half situation has been done to death but from what I’ve heard the management are trying to find one. Going to cost money but who’s going to sell one for peanuts.
We won the previous week so why change the team unless you have to(which we did). Should have been kept to a minimum.
Hugely disappointed in the performances of Ryan Porteous, scored two in the first match but has been a bit of a luxury player since, maybe there are reasons. I would be interested to hear them. 
Being second best is not good enough.

Ryan Porteous I thought didn’t look very interested in pre season matches and I said so on here .

He then scored 2 good goals against Gala and I thought , here we go now .

One game isn’t good enough .

For a supposed record signing he has been hugely disappointing and I’m hoping he responds again with 2 goals on Saturday .

6 hours ago, seenitall said:

Ryan Porteous I thought didn’t look very interested in pre season matches and I said so on here .

He then scored 2 good goals against Gala and I thought , here we go now .

One game isn’t good enough .

For a supposed record signing he has been hugely disappointing and I’m hoping he responds again with 2 goals on Saturday .

If he’s going to score goals he’s going to need to get the ball in a scoring position first. 

4 hours ago, Costa Crookies said:

If he’s going to score goals he’s going to need to get the ball in a scoring position first. 

Porteous has the physicality and skills to be an excellent signing....  

.........but only if he increases his work rate. Things happen when attackers run into the spaces.

Weather looks good.  After a very sunny morning the game will be played under white clouds with hardly any breeze.....so it will be a proper Fitbaw match and not a wet and windy lottery   

I am predicting a classic as the plucky BU underdogs weakened by absences and injuries edge past the highly financed massed hoors of Darvel.

Mon the BU's !!!

11 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cannot believe how quiet it is on here ahead of a Scottish Cup game tomorrow .............is it fear or apathy ?!!!

Let's Be Having You! - YouTube 

Seems to be quiet all over the LL forum at the moment which is a surprise with this weekend coming up, so many good matches in prospect.

Referee is Gary Hanvidge ...........a quick google doesn't throw up much info.   Couple of posts on Celtic fans websites because he made an "honest mistake" in a Celtic Women v Rangers Women game which upset the bhoys (or is it Ghirls !!).

He has done a small number of LL games but generally he is a WoSFL referee.  He has done a few Darvel games so he will probably be on first name terms with a few of their players........probably will travel through on the Darvel team bus !!

The conspiracy starts here............

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Referee is Gary Hanvidge ...........a quick google doesn't throw up much info.   Couple of posts on Celtic fans websites because he made an "honest mistake" in a Celtic Women v Rangers Women game which upset the bhoys (or is it Ghirls !!).

He has done a small number of LL games but generally he is a WoSFL referee.  He has done a few Darvel games so he will probably be on first name terms with a few of their players........probably will travel through on the Darvel team bus !!

He reffed camelon In the last round against newtongrange and was fine had a couple of bad injuries to deal with In that game 

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Weather looks good.  After a very sunny morning the game will be played under white clouds with hardly any breeze.....so it will be a proper Fitbaw match and not a wet and windy lottery   

I am predicting a classic as the plucky BU underdogs weakened by absences and injuries edge past the highly financed massed hoors of Darvel.

Mon the BU's !!!

That'll do me fine

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

He reffed Camelon v Newtongrange in the last round where he had a decent game. He knew most of the players in that by their first name as well. 

I'm planning to go to Newtown Park (is it still called that?) with my son for the game today, how much will admission be and will it be cash only?

Edited by FK1Bairn

52 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

He reffed Camelon v Newtongrange in the last round where he had a decent game. He knew most of the players in that by their first name as well. 

I'm planning to go to Newtown Park (is it still called that?) with my son for the game today, how much will admission be and will it be cash only?

£8 adults. Not sure about the concession.  Cash only

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

Concession £5

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Cannot believe how quiet it is on here ahead of a Scottish Cup game tomorrow .............is it fear or apathy ?!!!

Will be going more in hope than expectation……. I hope they play like they’re capable of, but if they play like last week I expect a drubbing. Anyway as you say Dave - Mon the BU’s!

13 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Underwhelmed with last weeks performance perhaps. The players must know themselves they were a poor advert for a football team. Let’s get behind them and get a result.

14 hours ago, Cowdenleith said:

Noticed that Mcbookie has Darvel as strong favourites, I was a little surprised so much in their favour

That can be driven by the bets that are being placed as much as by what recent form suggests it should be. Maybe a lot people don't realise Darvel now are a different team from the one that beat Aberdeen.