Dundee United 23/24

12 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Interesting that none of these St Mirren fans seem able to spell Greive’s name correctly.  Obviously made a big impression!

I’m sure many St Mirren fans will feel aggrieved by that! 

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Total wage costs increased in the season by 18% yet we were relegated.  It defies logic.

"Included in the wage costs are the terminations of football management and coaching staff who were replaced within the year."

Nice wee earner for Jack Ross. Two year deal, seven games. Little wonder he's done with football management.

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Or football supporters in Dundee could stop being such utterly craven lackies for Big Spending Owners with Ambishun and take responsibility for operating a sustainable football club into their own hands.

This from a supporter of a club who were the pioneers of Administration for football clubs in Scotland and having been propped up by the sweetie man for decades are one of the most unsustainable outfits in Scotland. But you crack on m8. 

3 hours ago, virginton said:

Or football supporters in Dundee could stop being such utterly craven lackies for Big Spending Owners with Ambishun and take responsibility for operating a sustainable football club into their own hands.

Easy to forget that Dundee fans tried that already, but only lasted two seasons before jumping into bed with the first Americans who came along promising investment and a new stadium.

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Greive will be a good addition to the squad. Whether he'll nail down a starting spot and set the heather alight, I'm not sure. But he'll do a job, and chip in with a few goals.

His name has always looked wrong to me. Every fibre of my being wants to type it as Grieve. 

12 hours ago, adamntg said:

The club owes the money to him though doesn’t it, not to a bank or HMRC, or a face painter?  He could call it in I suppose but I don’t see how it could be raised, so he could only get whatever a fire sale would raise and his asset would be gone.  Can’t see it.  If he wants rid he’ll need to take a haircut, and someone to shoulder what’s left. 

4 hours ago, Molotov said:

A57385FB-2B01-4542-BA77-5595894660E1.jpeg.8a2c1e66082abe0dedc43a7791337bdf.jpeg

Highly unlikely....

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

"Included in the wage costs are the terminations of football management and coaching staff who were replaced within the year."

Nice wee earner for Jack Ross. Two year deal, seven games. Little wonder he's done with football management.

As the following extract shows, even allowing for redundancy costs our wage bill still increased by about 10.6% at the same time as the football personnel was reduced by 6%.

IMG_1864.thumb.jpeg.5bac23bdce2c272e456005ab9599cfd5.jpeg

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

As the following extract shows, even allowing for redundancy costs our wage bill still increased by about 10.6% at the same time as the football personnel was reduced by 6%.

Jack Ross spunked the budget in August which is why Fox had his hands tied

59 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Who's the director on the payroll?

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

Who's the director on the payroll?

It would have been David Dorward, former Chief Executive of Dundee City Council, who resigned during that financial year.

55 minutes ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

Ashgar was never a Director. 

Directors' Renumeration was only £7,500 so its not like they were fleecing the club with a big salary

Aye, you're quite right. As Granny says above, Dorward resigned at the end of 2022 so, yeah, probably him.

Was Asghar not referred to as "Sporting Director" while at the club or have I just pulled that out of my arse?

Indeed he was .. https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7743/CLUB-STATEMENT--TONY-ASGHAR-LEAVES-DUNDEE-UNITED.html

Not wishing to tell United how to do their business (because where would it end?) but it's really not a good idea to be giving someone who is not formally a director the title of "Director". That can lead to all sorts of unintended consequences.

9 hours ago, WhatDayIsIt said:

To be fair, last season was probably the least of his own money that he put in - £800k.  Most of the losses were covered by cash we had in the bank last year.

No idea how we went from a small profit (albeit a 1.9m operating loss) in 21/22 to a £5m operating loss last year.  Especially when the talk was of being able to be in a breakeven position.

So in his best year his hobby only cost him £800k - lovely stuff if you've got money to burn I suppose.

The thing is he has said he is not a charity and intends to make a profit. It'll never happen. How can a successful businessman not recognise that?

6 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Easy to forget that Dundee fans tried that already, but only lasted two seasons before jumping into bed with the first Americans who came along promising investment and a new stadium.

Still feeling a bit inadequate tiny tears? 

19 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

So in his best year his hobby only cost him £800k - lovely stuff if you've got money to burn I suppose.

The thing is he has said he is not a charity and intends to make a profit. It'll never happen. How can a successful businessman not recognise that?

There was a (small) profit the previous year.  There is no reason why this year did not have a profit, for some reason United decided to splash cash on something which isn't detailed in the accounts (£1m extra on the wage bill and £450k on transfers don't make up a £5m loss)