Dundee United 23/24

9 hours ago, Fife Arab said:

Heard we have offered a contract to a winger playing in America. No clue on a name but it’s none of our ex players but has played in Scotland before, don’t have the energy to start digging🤣 Also seen someone on Facebook saying the Simon Murray rumours were “nonsense” This isn’t true heard he’s desperate to come. Also heard wotherspoon is being considered but injury’s dependent. 

no clue if any are done but certainly talks on going. 

Jay Chapman IMO.

18 hours ago, Fife Arab said:

Heard we have offered a contract to a winger playing in America. No clue on a name but it’s none of our ex players but has played in Scotland before, don’t have the energy to start digging🤣 Also seen someone on Facebook saying the Simon Murray rumours were “nonsense” This isn’t true heard he’s desperate to come. Also heard wotherspoon is being considered but injury’s dependent. 

no clue if any are done but certainly talks on going. 

Wotherspoon has started 9/10 games since he signed. Came off the bench in cup game. 

4 goals, hadn’t finished a game yet. 

18 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

We were in for Nicholson years ago..

I'd be looking at someone in the US second division that's a bit raw and younger if I was doing some digging.

There's some pretty good Latin American attacking players in that league, from the little I've seen. The level isn't great but Vassell at Killie has shown it's a market worth looking into for Scottish teams.

Dropping Moult and playing Watt as the main striker (with Mochrie in behind) must be a strong shout for the Arbroath game.

My opinion on Watt is probably not too far removed from a lot of United fans, but in fairness Watt's goal return, when played as the main striker, is very decent.

He looked chuffed to bits clutching the match ball at the end

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Dropping Moult and playing Watt as the main striker (with Mochrie in behind) must be a strong shout for the Arbroath game.

My opinion on Watt is probably not too far removed from a lot of United fans, but in fairness Watt's goal return, when played as the main striker, is very decent.

He looked chuffed to bits clutching the match ball at the end

Moult probably needs a rest, for his own sake as much as the team's. Moult from the first two or three months of the season would have buried that great chance in the 2nd half. Let Watt take the striker's position next week. If he can't put in good back to back performances after a pleasing showing tonight then he never will for us.

Exactly the type of performance needed after the drudgery of last week. That said, we're still a bit wasteful. We were battering Thistle first half and really should have been more comfortable by half-time.

Tidy for the first and two good finishes for the second and third but, those moments aside, I thought Watt was poor last night. Very poor closing down and tracking back. When he did get the ball it was either a first time hopeful flick or a simple pass backwards. No attempt to turn and run with the ball.  He looked like he was either carrying an injury or just couldn't be arsed. All forgiven, of course, because he did have those moments but I wouldn't be making changes to the team simply because he scored a few goals. In terms of overall performance and work rate Moult is still a much better option if available.

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Tidy for the first and two good finishes for the second and third but, those moments aside, I thought Watt was poor last night. Very poor closing down and tracking back. When he did get the ball it was either a first time hopeful flick or a simple pass backwards. No attempt to turn and run with the ball.  He looked like he was either carrying an injury or just couldn't be arsed. All forgiven, of course, because he did have those moments but I wouldn't be making changes to the team simply because he scored a few goals. In terms of overall performance and work rate Moult is still a much better option if available.

Have to say I totally disagree. Goals win games and he scored three of them. Moult has been very poor for a number of games now, missing good chances in a lot of them or simply not being in the right position to receive. A striker in form would have buried two chances he got last night.

Sometimes Watt can appear lazy and disinterested, but last night wasn't one of those nights, and when he's played up front he does score.

Which is not to say that Moult isn't a good option or even a better one when he's on form, but right now he's badly off the boil.

3 hours ago, SGMilne said:

Have to say I totally disagree. Goals win games and he scored three of them. Moult has been very poor for a number of games now, missing good chances in a lot of them or simply not being in the right position to receive. A striker in form would have buried two chances he got last night.

Sometimes Watt can appear lazy and disinterested, but last night wasn't one of those nights, and when he's played up front he does score.

Which is not to say that Moult isn't a good option or even a better one when he's on form, but right now he's badly off the boil.

I'd maybe actually swap them round in terms of role. Moult has a fantastic touch and work rate regardless of goals.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/dundee/4854201/dundee-tannadice-park-break-in-police/

Police and forensics swarm Tannadice after break-in causes significant damage to Dundee United’s stadium

The incident was reported just after midnight.

Significant damage has been caused to Tannadice following a break-in overnight.

Two police units and a forensic team are at Dundee United’s stadium on Tannadice Street this morning following the incident, which was reported just after midnight.

Officers were seen entering Tannadice Park from The George Fox Stand entrance with a forensic team stationed on Sandeman Street.

The Courier understands significant damage has been caused inside the ground.

Several police units were seen circling the area around the stadium in the early hours of Hogmanay.

The club were last in action at the ground on Friday evening, after a resounding victory against Partick Thistle.

A police spokeswoman said: “Around 12.20am on Sunday, December 31, 2023, we were made aware of damage to a premises on Tannadice Street, Dundee.

“Officers attended and inquiries are ongoing to establish the full circumstances.”

Dundee United F.C. has been approached for comment regarding the incident.

4 hours ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Aye, I heard about the break in. Apparently two cups were stolen...

...and the tea lady's furious! 😆

Repetitive humour is the best!

Regardless of present goal scoring and form, I think Moult is a certainty to start at Arbroath, given his performances in the previous two fixtures against them.

So McLeod recalled from Forfar since he wasn't getting game time and someone on twitter saying his attitude was apparently stinking there.

Hopefully he gets put somewhere on loan where that gets sorted out and he starts getting on the score sheet then.

1 hour ago, ArabianKnight said:

So McLeod recalled from Forfar since he wasn't getting game time and someone on twitter saying his attitude was apparently stinking there.

Hopefully he gets put somewhere on loan where that gets sorted out and he starts getting on the score sheet then.

Having played for both yourselves and Forfar he's not allowed to play for anyone else in the SPFL this season, so he'd need to go to the Highland/Lowland or lower. Which was possibly a likely destination after disappointing at Forfar anyway.

3 hours ago, ArabianKnight said:

I know some of the Forfar players through work; both in terms of attitude and ability, he's been a big disappointment. There's been a few players who have gone on loan there from us over the years who have failed to impress because of attitude, but I think that's more a generational problem than a Utd one.

4 hours ago, SGMilne said:

I know some of the Forfar players through work; both in terms of attitude and ability, he's been a big disappointment. There's been a few players who have gone on loan there from us over the years who have failed to impress because of attitude, but I think that's more a generational problem than a Utd one.

Another Tony project that's been filled up with shite then. If half these laddies put a bit of a shift on at training as they did filling themselves with grandeur we would have done players on the books 🙄

18 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's been January for 15 hours - why haven't we signed a right back and/or cover for Docherty?

I hear our links with multiple south American clubs is about to pay off big time. Hearing some lad called Mionel Lessi is coming over for a trial soon.