Dundee United 23/24

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's us that are in crisis, but it's still the Thistle and Morten fans having a heads gone on our thread.

Excellent

Just wait until you get relegated again that will be the real heads gone moment lol

2 minutes ago, chattyman said:

Tiffoney if he can be arsed and be consistent is a premier league player. This season will tell, he failed at Livi so he now has a second chance.

I remember when he was given his break at Cappielow several seasons ago...he was aye fast....but delivery was his problem or as the pundits like to call it now "end product"...blaaahhh.

15 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's us that are in crisis, but it's still the Thistle and Morten fans having a heads gone on our thread.

Excellent

Not a heads gone at all, I thought your team were fucking awful tonight, against my team. No idea what a morton fan is spouting shite for 🤷🏻‍♂️.

A lot of negativity re Holt.Thought he was solid for us,did what was needed in defence and got the odd goal from set pieces in and around opposition’s penalty box .Can play left back well ,however,seems more comfortable and effective at CB.

DUFC have enough talent to make a go of this league once they get the balance and cohesion fixed ,whether or not Goodwin will achieve this only time can tell .The Mandarins (or is it Easy peel Tangerines ? )at Tannadice will have their eyes on the League form and not league Cup so still time to get it right .

10 hours ago, captainkev said:

Ian Harkes scored the other night too. Reckon we should try get him back in January?

On the evidence of the last two games, Yes 😄 

I read elsewhere things have never felt so bad, and I said before, I try not to get involved in the hysteria, but I find it difficult to disagree.

We need to reach settlements with Birighitti, Mulgrew and Niskanen and get them off the wage book. We could then look to bring a few hungry individuals that wouldn't cost the earth (lower leagues?) that would hopefully provide a bit of spark.

10 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

It's been a much better performance than Saturday, without being in any way good. We've committed to him now so it isn't going to happen, but I'd get rid of Jim Goodwin tonight. He just reeks of failure at this stage.

There's a mountain range named after him in Ireland.

Oh, no, that's the MacGillicuddy's Reeks.

10 hours ago, Vernon gilmore said:

The year I was born United finished the second worst team in Scotland only Montrose finished below them on goal average , yes United finished 35th best team in Scotland, that would even be 4th tier now 

Third worst, Queen's Park also finished below you. (You were 35th, right enough.)

Anyway, you got promoted the next season.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Third worst, Queen's Park also finished below you. (You were 35th, right enough.)

Anyway, you got promoted the next season.

Look again, Vernon's not a Dundee United fan.

Mostly, and quite rightly, it's supporters of other clubs who are weighing in here in the last few days.

9 hours ago, ArabFundamentalist said:

Goodwin looks like a broken man already. He knows that we know that he knows he doesn't have a clue how to sort this.

If the defence is a problem, that will be "easy".

The rest of the team might prove problematic.

12 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

Look again, Vernon's not a Dundee United fan.

Mostly, and quite rightly, it's supporters of other clubs who are weighing in here in the last few days.

Aye, I realised that after re-reading his post!

Doesn't change the facts, though. :)

12 hours ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

As bad as we are, I'm not sure how we "belong" at a level of Scottish football we have literally never played at. Yet.

Ha ha told the year I was born , got the wrong team who were bottom on goal average though , you were worse than Forfar ,  , and Arbroath, so yes back were you belong 

IMG_0977.jpeg

Edited by Vernon gilmore

9 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

I remember when he was given his break at Cappielow several seasons ago...he was aye fast....but delivery was his problem or as the pundits like to call it now "end product JJ"...blaaahhh.

I thought "end product" down Greenock way was heroin?