The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Wouldn't be surprised to see another CB  and a striker, hopefully a big strong one to give us something different up front. 

Newbury has signed a 2 year deal will be interesting to see how much game time he gets next season also wouldn't shock me if he ends up back out on loan to a League 1 side. 

4 hours ago, Moysterclass said:

Tumilty is a championship level RB. We can't afford any better than him. A new CB has to be the priority now if Hamilton is indeed going. 

I think you can make the point that Tumilty was our most inconsistent player last season there was games he was probably one of our best players but there was also games he was abysmal which led to him being dropped for a few games. Last time we were in the championship Michael Doyle was our right back for the first half of the season and tbf to Tumilty he is a big upgrade on that however I also don't think it would be a disaster if that rumour turns out to be true and he does go elsewhere however it is important that we replace him if he does leave. 

18 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I think you can make the point that Tumilty was our most inconsistent player last season there was games he was probably one of our best players but there was also games he was abysmal which led to him being dropped for a few games. Last time we were in the championship Michael Doyle was our right back for the first half of the season and tbf to Tumilty he is a big upgrade on that however I also don't think it would be a disaster if that rumour turns out to be true and he does go elsewhere however it is important that we replace him if he does leave. 

I loved tumilty at the rovers but he leaves huge gaps for the opposition to exploit but when he was on it him and macdonald on the left were the definition of rampaging fullbacks 

George Cairns has left the club two long servants in Cairns and Potter leaving the club this summer will be interesting to see who Rankin brings in it was already mentioned that before this has happened he was looking at adding to the dugout. 

Think a center half was needed and he is experienced at this level and will probably be a good signing however I'm not sure if another old and probably slow defender is what was needed . I think someone like Dylan Corr who has just left Raith would have been a better option. I've got a feeling that with this signing it might mean that either McGowan or Kilday are also leaving.

In your attempts to put together our old 22-23 side, can I draw your attention to Sam Ashford who was released by Cliftonville the other day.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In your attempts to put together our old 22-23 side, can I draw your attention to Sam Ashford who was released by Cliftonville the other day.

What about Logan Chalmers and Dipo Akinyemi instead? 

10 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

What about Logan Chalmers and Dipo Akinyemi instead? 

Hamilton Accies don’t get nice things like that. You should know that by now. 

I’m sad to see Sean go but given who we’re rumoured to be replacing him with I’m more than fine with it.