The Hamilton Accies Championship Thread

Smith has never let us down. Maybe for the best as he may be found out a bit in the higher league. Hope to see him back in an Accies shirt. As an aside, I see Dean Lyness's Wikipedia has him at 6ft 3. Who's kidding who? He's barely six foot. But a good keeper and I hope he's in contention next season.

Edited by Owsley 2

On 19/06/2024 at 14:18, Skondras said:

https://hamiltonacciesfc.co.uk/charlie-mulgrew-appointed-under-18s-manager/

Charlie Mulgrew is the new under 18s manager. 

On 19/06/2024 at 15:22, Walter said:

That's Rankin's replacement sorted out then. 

He had the Annan job then pulled out at the last moment for some reason. I wonder if he knew this was coming up and location wise it suited him better. 

1 hour ago, Rabbie Bairns said:

Interesting to note that the Accies statement on it wasn't published on social media...

Been kept as quiet as possible by the looks of things. Not even seen many Accies fans comment on it. Those that have done on here should be commended though. 

36 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Been kept as quiet as possible by the looks of things. Not even seen many Accies fans comment on it. Those that have done on here should be commended though. 

I agree that it is absolutely shameful that the club seem to be doing everything possible to keep this as quiet as possible and it really does make me lose a lot of trust in a board that were doing very well up to this point. They said in that statement that they would "take full responsibility" but are still planning on playing him and have been cowardly enough to decide on not posting it on social media because they know that they would rightfully receive a huge backlash for it. Like you also mentioned i must admit that I'm a bit disappointed with the lack of our fans who've called this out so far online I've only seen a few people on here and Accies world call it out and haven't seen anything on twitter. I really hope that if Macdonald does feature in pre season games that our fans make their feelings known at games and don't keep quiet about this. I would personally find it very difficult to support a team with him in it. 

10 hours ago, Rabbie Bairns said:

Interesting to note that the Accies statement on it wasn't published on social media...

That sums the club up as do the 3 spelling/grammar mistakes in the statement.

Connor Murray signs a new 1 year deal. I’m fine with that, imagine he won’t be on overly expensive wages and will remain a back up player.

Lyness signs a new 1 year deal. The part where it states he will be first team goal keeper coach is a bit weird I thought that’s why we brought in Gordon Marshall. I’ll assume Lyness will be working with the youngsters.

Henderson also signs a new deal happy with all 3 of them staying Lyness and Murray are good backup options to have on low wages and I'm expecting Henderson to be an important player again next season for us would assume that's the business done for the day but it would be nice to have confirmation now of all the players who've left.

2 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Henderson also signs a new deal happy with all 3 of them staying Lyness and Murray are good backup options to have on low wages and I'm expecting Henderson to be an important player again next season for us would assume that's the business done for the day but it would be nice to have confirmation now of all the players who've left.

I don't know if he's improved significantly over the last year, but Henderson wasn't really good enough for us in the championship... I wouldn't rely on him to be a star man in this league

8 minutes ago, starshot131 said:

I don't know if he's improved significantly over the last year, but Henderson wasn't really good enough for us in the championship... I wouldn't rely on him to be a star man in this league

He's been really good for us a bit inconsistent at times but from what I've seen he's good enough to step up to the Championship.