Clyde Season 23/24

3 hours ago, Replays said:

Having shared a brief chat with Maitland in the fan zone, it’s clear that his involvement in the club can only be a positive thing and should be secured on a more official basis (which I think it will be) as soon as possible. Very impressed.

This was written before KO?

Was AM not able to give some insight to McCall, who only met the, loosely speaking, squad on Wednesday?

Forbes, Carwell and big Grant are possibly the 3 slowest players in all of Scottish football.  

Our midfield offer nothing going forward and Rennie is simply impotent, up front. 

Despite being 2 nil down inside 10 mins, we made no subs til 65th minutes, which I find baffling.

I'll be lighting a candle tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

Was AM not able to give some insight to McCall, who only met the, loosely speaking, squad on Wednesday?

Forbes, Carwell and big Grant are possibly the 3 slowest players in all of Scottish football.  

Our midfield offer nothing going forward and Rennie is simply impotent, up front. 

Despite being 2 nil down inside 10 mins, we made no subs til 65th minutes, which I find baffling.

Early doors, but that is peak McCall.

18 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

There is fucking nothing on the bench to change it the whole squad is crap

32 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

McCall struggles to know how to change a game, hence his subs are usually late on, when you are losing.

23 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s not fortune though. He built that team through having an ability for being able to identify players. 

He’s had good bits and bad bits at every club he’s been at with the exception of Clydebank and Morton who were both absolute shambles of clubs at the time. 

Ok. 

Not to put too fine a point on it - we are in serious f'ing trouble.  I know there's the hope that January will bring a change round in fortunes, but it's going to take some real root and branch reshuffling to even get us close to lip-synching, let alone singing!

Highlight of an undoubtedly catastrophic performance today - and about the only thing that made me laugh - was Kian Leslie attempting to chest the ball and it flying about 10 yards away from him thus conceding possession - it kinda summed up the entire afternoon's debacle.

I'm no longer sure I can get angry any more when watching such a chronic performance, as we've seen them throughout the campaign so far.  What just galls me more than anything at the moment is that Peterhead, a team who were even worse than us last year, appear to have got their shit together and are making a far better fist of this attempting to get out of the league at the first time of asking mallarkey.

On that note, many thanks Mr Chairman and Mr Duffy for your sparkling contribution to a thoroughly miserable season so far.  Can only hope the reset in January doesn't come too late, as I can only imagine Elgin and Forfar will attempt to do so similar to avoid the trapdoor and if we continue performing like that between now and the window, we'll potentially give ourselves a mammoth task.

Have a bit of a fear for Jeanfield next week - like it or not, we aren't very good and having seen them previously, they can be quite a handy outfit.

Ironically Danny Lennon's first game in charge was against East Fife where Clyde were beat 2-0. Look where the team was then and how he turned the club around.  Hoping McCall can do the same. As ugly as it will be to watch, the best we can hope for is to make us hard to beat until the window opens. Somehow get rid of the dross on the pitch now and get new bodies on. Maybe offer players to Queen of the South, they done us a turn taking Reilly off the books! I'm sure Lyons, Forbes would thrive for them! 😂

I know footballers aren't renowned for thier intellectual prowess, but you would have thought that a new manager is in with money to spend in January, so we are playing for our places, this is a chance to impress so we will up our game and show the boss that we deserve to be kept on............................. and what do they do????? The mind boggles!!!

3 hours ago, Bearded Bully said:

Ironically Danny Lennon's first game in charge was against East Fife where Clyde were beat 2-0. Look where the team was then and how he turned the club around.  Hoping McCall can do the same. As ugly as it will be to watch, the best we can hope for is to make us hard to beat until the window opens. Somehow get rid of the dross on the pitch now and get new bodies on. Maybe offer players to Queen of the South, they done us a turn taking Reilly off the books! I'm sure Lyons, Forbes would thrive for them! 😂

I agree it’s obvious it’s a hang on to coat tails job till January. Come The new year I think we will end up using some of our “decent” budget just to pay 5-6 players off and rip up their contacts. Can’t see any of these guys getting a club elsewhere, even in LL. 
Also return all the present loans which frees up 3 spaces and I suppose the loan fees. I assume King is going back anyway, Stevenson and Leslie are still a mile off what is required at this level. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Albert said:

I know footballers aren't renowned for thier intellectual prowess, but you would have thought that a new manager is in with money to spend in January, so we are playing for our places, this is a chance to impress so we will up our game and show the boss that we deserve to be kept on............................. and what do they do????? The mind boggles!!!

Unfortunately you can’t impress if you don’t have much, if any, ability

As unfortunately is the case with most of our current squad

29 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

It shows you how utter pish this league is that we are still only 8 points from 5th. 

A fairer comparison would be 21 points behind the league leaders after 13 games.  The season after being in a higher division.

Another way to look at it would be the team in 5th have more than double Clyde's point total whilst playing a game less.

The league isn't pish, Clyde are.

Edited by strichener

7 minutes ago, strichener said:

A fairer comparison would be 21 points behind the league leaders after 13 games.  The season after being in a higher division.

Another way to look at it would be the team in 5th have more than double Clyde's point total whilst playing a game less.

The league isn't pish, Clyde are.

The teams below the play off spots are all pish, nobody’s saying we aren’t pish because we are awful. The fact we have 7 points and only 8 behind mid table shows the others aren’t good either. 

As if my mood is not bad enough today, but turn on the radio only to here Jim Effing Duffy spouting forth his knowledge on the Scotland campaign and team selection. To make it worse his is joined by Pat Nevin also talking his usual pish. 
I cannot put in words my dislike for Duffy, utter Charlatan. 

Obviously I’ve  found something better to listen to now, wouldn’t be hard!

4 hours ago, Replays said:

I remember we had what felt like an endless run of 0-0 draws for a wee while too. I’d take that in all honesty. Throw in a couple of postponements and we’ll be right as rain…

Peter grant playing in the middle of our defence yesterday.I knew that Ian mcall hasn’t watched any of our previous games this season.Peter grant is by far the worst player I have ever seen.If he continues to play it will keep getting worse.Gordon Thomson is a slippery character and I have no doubt he will get re-elected to the chair. The whole thing stinks and I predicted all this a year ago.

16 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Peter grant playing in the middle of our defence yesterday.I knew that Ian mcall hasn’t watched any of our previous games this season.Peter grant is by far the worst player I have ever seen.If he continues to play it will keep getting worse.Gordon Thomson is a slippery character and I have no doubt he will get re-elected to the chair. The whole thing stinks and I predicted all this a year ago.

Peter Grant isn’t even close to the worst player in that squad, utter nonsense.