Clyde Season 23/24

17 hours ago, Replays said:

Flynn Duffy would be my uneducated guess. Left-back who’s had loan spells at Peterhead and latterly Stirling. 

If your uneducated guess is correct, then he would be a good addition

23 minutes ago, Replays said:

Hide McCall in a cupboard until Ayr get a new manager please.

Cue his appearance on Sportsound this week to say he simply cannot comment on the vacancy. 

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Cue his appearance on Sportsound this week to say he simply cannot comment on the vacancy. 

That wouldn't shock me at all. Won't take much compo to prise him away from Clyde.

23 hours ago, FREDDYFRY said:

I agree, although at the fans Q&A part of the discussion was exactly that. Basically what was said was that any contract would reflect the danger of relegation allowing the player to leave and contract ended if the Unthinkable happened. 

Protecting both parties. 

I was more meaning to have played in a team that was relegated rather than being free to leave at the end of the season.

It is clear that McCall and Maitland are already struggling to get their targets as they are getting turned down by players.

56 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

I was more meaning to have played in a team that was relegated rather than being free to leave at the end of the season.

It is clear that McCall and Maitland are already struggling to get their targets as they are getting turned down by players.

Fair point, although Roberts, Salkeld managed  to move last year. I think if a player is half decent  he e Weill get a club.  It is a concern though that it would be two windows where players are apparently not keen to come, despite being offered decent money it would seem.  Fingers crossed we can get even 2-3 of the numbers quoted. Even that MIGHT be enough given our obvious recent improvement. 

What we need now to boost our confidence is a Scottish cup game against a premier league team that will pump us. We will no doubt get players injured who we badly need and possibly booked and suspended.Elgin and Forfar must be delighted. I’ll start the negative review on this post. I would love to write something positive but the shit has already hit the fan. What happened to the queue of players wanting to sign for us. We are a laughing stock and so are all of you for giving the board an easy ride. You all did this to yourselves letting Gordon Thomson away with it. He should have been run out of town.You all had your chance at the AGM.

Free hit this weekend against Aberdeen, just hoping for as big a crowd as possible to get the cash in. 

We really do need 3-4 in for the next league game though, my anxiety is creeping up by the day. 

42 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Free hit this weekend against Aberdeen, just hoping for as big a crowd as possible to get the cash in. 

We really do need 3-4 in for the next league game though, my anxiety is creeping up by the day. 

No player worth their salt will sign for a relegation in waiting team.The players we sign from here to the end of the transfer window won’t be any better than the ones  McCall has let go. The good players quite simply won’t come as it will damage their careers. It’s all about letting you lot down gently but the end result will still be the same LOWLAND LEAGUE 

37 minutes ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

No player worth their salt will sign for a relegation in waiting team.The players we sign from here to the end of the transfer window won’t be any better than the ones  McCall has let go. The good players quite simply won’t come as it will damage their careers. It’s all about letting you lot down gently but the end result will still be the same LOWLAND LEAGUE 

Given you’ve bored the tits off everyone repeating the same shite 14 times a day, it’s actually impressive that you’re keeping it up. 

It does seem a bit mad that Maitland/McCall were so public about bringing in a ludicrously high number of players.

They obviously might still arrive but with the exception of the Edinburgh City fire sale, it's hard to see how so many could be brought in when other L2/L1 clubs are fishing for the same loans.

Surely better to under promise and overdeliver than the opposite.

Given our new mystery benefactor I wonder if we are able to better most of the other teams in the division in terms of pay/potential signing fees? I don't buy the argument that players are turning us down due to our current league position. Anyone with half a brain can see that with McCall at the helm we are already a very different team from the one under Duffy and McLean. We are also not so far behind the likes of Forfar and Elgin that relegation looks anywhere near a certainty at this point - particularly when you factor in the last couple of results.

Money talks and I think players will ultimately base decisions primarily on pay/conditions - our location also helps with this. 

Maybe the money isn't there or it's only at a level where we are on a par with other teams in the division but I'm clinging on to the hope that we can outbid those around us. I guess we'll know soon enough. 

This must be true

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/WwkLtpCWvETijpWo/?mibextid=K35XfP

Delighted to see that Clyde FC have finally got approval and will be taking up home in 2028 in the under used space formerly known as George Square. Local council have said that New Shaw field will be a fabulous addition to the city centre with direct parking access from the Ingram street parking zone (under consideration)

Edited by Bully Wee Clyde FC
Typo

Anyone available for transfer should definitely be considered. I think we are constrained somewhat by limits on loan deals.

That said, there are real issues as to why a player that good is a) playing at that level and b) being allowed to leave. Then there's the bizarre Stenny loan deal as well.