Clyde Season 23/24

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

It’s far from a foregone conclusion, we are deep in the shit. The team looks a lot better already with changes made so far but as soon as we sub a player or 2 there is a stark drop off. We are also playing catch up which heaps a lot of pressure on us (eg we probably need to win up in Elgin twice whereas a draw will likely suit them). Our business over the rest of this month is vitally important. Add in a Flynn Duffy, Jordan Allan and Liam brown to what we already have and we are looking good. Keep missing out on targets and we are in real problems. Mostly we are hoping that the damage isn’t already done and we can salvage survival but I doubt anyone’s putting the mortgage on it.

It’ll be an interesting run in. There’s a lot of teams within reach, with half a season left. I’d like to think even Farrell couldn’t drag us back into it, though.

Edited by FifeSons

12 hours ago, FifeSons said:

The impression I got from the Clyde fans when they played us that was that staying up was a foregone conclusion.

The club has been mismanaged for a number of years and although the fans moan about it they voted the the chairman back in which is ridiculous as he is responsible for this shitshow. The moral amongst the players will be low as its human nature and unless you are offering players a lot of money to sign in January why on earth would you join clyde with the  certain guarantee  of relegation and the damage it would do to your career. The club and the board  is a total embarrassment to be honest. I personally think its between us and Elgin to go down and Elgin have this fight every season and they will be more experienced in this fight.

4 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

The club has been mismanaged for a number of years and although the fans moan about it they voted the the chairman back in which is ridiculous as he is responsible for this shitshow. The moral amongst the players will be low as its human nature and unless you are offering players a lot of money to sign in January why on earth would you join clyde with the  certain guarantee  of relegation and the damage it would do to your career. The club and the board  is a total embarrassment to be honest. I personally think its between us and Elgin to go down and Elgin have this fight every season and they will be more experienced in this fight.

So there's a "certain guarantee of relegation", which there obviously isn't, but it's clear that's your very strong held belief.

Or is it?  As two sentences later you've changed your whole belief of guaranteed relegation to "I personally think it's between us and Elgin to go down".

So which of your polar opposite viewpoints was the truth, and which was the lie?  And how can it change so drastically within the same paragraph?  Genuinely curious.

53 minutes ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

So there's a "certain guarantee of relegation", which there obviously isn't, but it's clear that's your very strong held belief.

Or is it?  As two sentences later you've changed your whole belief of guaranteed relegation to "I personally think it's between us and Elgin to go down".

So which of your polar opposite viewpoints was the truth, and which was the lie?  And how can it change so drastically within the same paragraph?  Genuinely curious.

He’s too used to shouting, balling and rambling at his pet goldfish with no comeback to it so doing 180s in the same paragraph on here is to be expected.

1 hour ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

I will clear this up for you. CLYDE  are getting relegated. 

1 hour ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

I will clear this up for you. CLYDE  are getting relegated. 

Jimmy what happened to following our team through the good and bad? Ok so we aren't in a great place at the moment, but being a Clyde supporter we are used to adversity and doing things the hard way.

I will support Clyde forever, even through my time down here in Manchester where I could have taken the easy route of supporting Man Utd or Man City (my wife and her family are from that part of Manchester are are all City fans.)

We have never been a big fashionable club, living as we do along with Partick Thistle and Queens Park (and in days gone by Third Lanark) in the shadow of Scottish Football's two  "Giants" (I hate that phrase) Celtic and Rangers. We were founded in 1877 on the banks of The Clyde river and as  the great Matthew "Mattha" Gemmell once said, the requirement for being a Clyde fan is: "A heart made in a foundry".

I have to say though for a so called "smaller" team, we have a proud history, three Scottish cups (1939, 1955 and 1958 and runners up in 1910,1912 and 1949) twelve league titles and we have a European trophy under our belts (1961 Anglo-French Friendship cup and in fact we are unbeaten in European competitions.)

Yes were are in the s**t at the moment but we should never stop supporting OUR Clyde FC and they are OUR Clyde FC the team belongs to the supporters not the directors, the supporters. We hold the team in our hearts and our souls.

You sound like you have given up already.

Edited by Uncle Albert
spelling.

Just now, the_bully_wee said:

I'm not sure what's causing me more distress here between people continuing to give "Jimmy Choo" oxygen in the year 2024 and the very real prospect of Ross Lyon starting every game between now and the end of the season.

Apologies, and point well made. 

I just had to say that as Clyde fans we follow our team through the good and the bad.

7 minutes ago, Uncle Albert said:

Jimmy what happened to following our team through the good and bad? Ok so we aren't in a great place at the moment, but being a Clyde supporter we are used to adversity and doing things the hard way.

I will support Clyde forever, even through my time down here in Manchester where I could have taken the easy route of supporting Man Utd or Man City (my wife and her family are from that part of Manchester are are all City fans.)

We have never been a big fashionable club, living as we do along with Partick Thistle and Queens Park (and in days gone by Third Lanark) in the shadow of Scottish Football's two  "Giants" (I hate that phrase) Celtic and Rangers. We were founded in 1877 on the banks of The Clyde river and as  the great Matthew "Mattha" Gemmell once said, the requirement for being a Clyde fan is: "A heart made in a foundry".

I have to say though for a so called "smaller" team, we have a proud history, three Scottish cups (1939, 1955 and 1958 and runners up in 1910,1912 and 1949) twelve league titles and we have a European trophy under our belts (1961 Anglo-French Friendship cup and in fact we are unbeaten in European competitions.)

Yes were are in the s**t at the moment but we should never stop supporting OUR Clyde FC and they are OUR Clyde FC the team belongs to the supporters not the directors, the supporters. We hold the team in our hearts and our souls.

You sound like you have given up already.

I love your passion and im sure you will understand why I will bang this drum until someone listens and things start to change. The lowland league is a graveyard for some good clubs who once graced the senior leagues. If we find ourselves there then it’s game over as we won’t get out of that league and we will have games against Gretna and civil service strollers and Stirling university to look forward to. We were once a successful club now we don’t even have a home ground and adrift at  the bottom of league 2. Honestly don’t know why I care.

5 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I'm not sure what's causing me more distress here between people continuing to give "Jimmy Choo" oxygen in the year 2024 and the very real prospect of Ross Lyon starting every game between now and the end of the season.

2024 will see us in the lowland league to add to your distress 

10 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

Ross Lyon at left back. Spine shuddering stuff. 

The thought of a repeat of Bonnyriggs first goal is genuine fear. 

This has been an abysmal window so far. I know the club can only do so much to attract players but this is getting a bit silly. We went from “we’ll bring in 3, that’ll grow to 6, that’ll grow to 9” (that I fully bought into) to we’ll bring in 3 and everyone else will knock us back. Really disappointing stuff so far and it makes you wonder if we’ve been particularly realistic when identifying targets.

Very frustrating and concerning.

17 minutes ago, Replays said:

This has been an abysmal window so far. I know the club can only do so much to attract players but this is getting a bit silly. We went from “we’ll bring in 3, that’ll grow to 6, that’ll grow to 9” (that I fully bought into) to we’ll bring in 3 and everyone else will knock us back. Really disappointing stuff so far and it makes you wonder if we’ve been particularly realistic when identifying targets.

Very frustrating and concerning.

There’s more to it than just us identifying targets and offering deals.

The players themselves will have their own requests and demands as well as personal commitments and circumstances (work, location etc).

Theres no reason to believe we haven’t tried our best with them all, we’re just not an attractive prospect for anyone coming down the way - which let’s face it, all our targets will be. There’s every chance they’ve received a better offer elsewhere.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Any chance of splashing a bit of this supposed cash? Jesus Christ...

I'm not generally a proponent of throwing money at a problem (especially when every penny counts) but the mystery benefactor's cash ain't going to be much use to us in the Lowland League. In fact, should we be relegated I understand the funds are getting pulled - progression being a necessary requirement for the cash to continue coming in.

What the hell is going on?

Edited by RutherGlen