Clyde Season 23/24

4 minutes ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Potentially daft question, but why were Clyde wearing their away kit last night - especially when it’s red which meant Aberdeen also had to wear their away kit?

That's our home kit, our away kits burgundy. Some sort of incompetence somewhere meant we don't have a traditional white kit this year (although we did wear last years away to Stenny earlier in the season I think).

Edited by CM.

1 hour ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

Potentially daft question, but why were Clyde wearing their away kit last night - especially when it’s red which meant Aberdeen also had to wear their away kit?

11 hours ago, RutherGlen said:

If that's true then the c*** needs an intervention. Imagine obsessing over Clyde as a non supporter....doesn't bear thinking about. 

Think how shit this chat would be without me. If i left the chad you guys would have to talk about the football clyde are playing. Can you imagine what that looks like.

7 hours ago, Mediocre Pundit said:

The honest answer is the cocks in charge can’t even manage to get us a strip in our traditional colours. Doesn’t bode well for their competency and is it any wonder we are where we are with those clowns in charge, surely playing in our traditional colours is something no one would even consider as being a problem even for them.

5 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

Think how shit this chat would be without me. If i left the chad you guys would have to talk about the football clyde are playing. Can you imagine what that looks like.

It would be better than reading all your shit. We did ok last night and didn’t embarrass ourselves, we should have won at E.F. the week before and had we had a win and a vastly improved performance against Bonnyrigg. So yes we would rather be talking about the football and not your negative repetitive boring crap. As I said before some village is still missing their idiot, I’m sure you’ll find your way home soon.

Alex King sub for Morton today and came on with 30min to go...

Jordan Allan back on bench and got the last minute!

One player clearly wants to play other happy spending his career on the bench which is such a waste but as previously mentioned our league position not helping matters either..

Ps. Anyone know attenedence given last night

33 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

other happy spending his career on the bench

I’m not sure what you mean by this. Both players came on as a sub. How are you separating them?

To be fair, Ryan Shanley was cup-tied. I’d imagine with Falkirk going out today, they’re more likely to fancy sending Jordan Allan out on loan now they don’t need him as a cup second choice.

I’d imagine Jordan would want to get a loan move and smash the second half of the season, which would potentially allow him to get what would probably be his last full time contract next season albeit at the likes of Hamilton or QotS. Don’t know his personal situation but you’d imagine at his age he wants to be full time for as long as possible. 

6 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

It would be better than reading all your shit. We did ok last night and didn’t embarrass ourselves, we should have won at E.F. the week before and had we had a win and a vastly improved performance against Bonnyrigg. So yes we would rather be talking about the football and not your negative repetitive boring crap. As I said before some village is still missing their idiot, I’m sure you’ll find your way home soon.

We did ok was you opening volley and we didn’t embarrass ourselves although we lost 2-0 and we are out the Scottish cup and we had to endure watching SULA for 90 minutes and here’s me wondering why we are bottom of league2.What  planet are you on.we are now in the business of not embarrassing ourselves although the club from top to bottom is a total embarrassment.Getting a white top and putting a Clyde badge on it seems to be the latest challenge. 
Clyde will soon be in the same sentence as third Lanark.

9 hours ago, JIMMY CHOO said:

We did ok was you opening volley and we didn’t embarrass ourselves although we lost 2-0 and we are out the Scottish cup and we had to endure watching SULA for 90 minutes and here’s me wondering why we are bottom of league2.What  planet are you on.we are now in the business of not embarrassing ourselves although the club from top to bottom is a total embarrassment.Getting a white top and putting a Clyde badge on it seems to be the latest challenge. 
Clyde will soon be in the same sentence as third Lanark.

We lost 2-0 to a full time team 3 divisions above us, the reality with the gulf between both teams it was a real possibility we could have been swept away and embarrassed, we avoided that and competed for the most part. We all know we have had a sh1te few years and not where we believe we should be but we are where we are and no one is denying the chairman and the board are largely responsible for that, we all get it, we all know but we have more important matters to be dealing with right now than listening to you go on and on and on with your little attention seeking crusade. I don’t know why I even bother with you going on like a wee Fanny.

Edited by Pride Of The Clyde

1 hour ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

We lost 2-0 to a full time team 3 divisions above us, the reality with the gulf between both teams it was a real possibility we could have been swept away and embarrassed, we avoided that and competed for the most part. We all know we have had a sh1te few years and not where we believe we should be but we are where we are and no one is denying the chairman and the board are largely responsible for that, we all get it, we all know but we have more important matters to be dealing with right now than listening to you go on and on and on with your little attention seeking crusade. I don’t know why I even bother with you going on like a wee Fanny.

Why give him any attention. Like most others have done, just block him.

4 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

Soon be 4 leagues above us.

If anyone fancies some transfer straw-clutching, heard McCall on the radio yesterday specifically noting that Ross MacIver was back starting for Falkirk.

Thought McCall spoke very knowledgeably in general across the leagues and he has links to Falkirk as a player and manager... Still, would like to imagine there's a reason he's keeping tabs on who's starting up top for a team in the league above.

58 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

My Morton-supporting chum has just informed me that King is on his way back to us. Finally some good news!

What has King shown in his loan period with us that makes us think we should extend the loan?

Other than the fantastic goals at the book ends of his initial loan he's been pretty anonymous in most games.

Perhaps he does things for the team I don't see or are we gambling that he plays better in a better team (which can be said for most players).

Just now, haufdaft said:

What has King shown in his loan period with us that makes us think we should extend the loan?

Other than the fantastic goals at the book ends of his initial loan he's been pretty anonymous in most games.

Perhaps he does things for the team I don't see or are we gambling that he plays better in a better team (which can be said for most players).

He's a complete standout at this level technically and just needs to sharpen up on the mental/tactical side of the game to make good on his potential. If you asked me prior to the Bonnyrigg game then I wouldn't have been bothered either way, but he was terrific that day given a bit of freedom further up the park. We'll get a lot more out of King playing advanced with the likes of Grant, Cuddihy and Leitch supplying him than we did when we were asking him to be our main central midfielder in a team that was universally desperately poor in possession.