Clyde Season 23/24

Ugh. I've got a horrible feeling that the chairman's announcement of a new proposal for a new home later this week might be chosen this week to lessen the blow of a transfer window that's not lived up to their expectations pre window opening. 

Heard some talk on Friday night that has made me feel a bit better about things (some of which aligns nicely with the_bully_wee’s). Here’s hoping we can throw a JAmboree to celebrate our new arrivals we’ll SURELY see soon!

14 minutes ago, Replays said:

Heard some talk on Friday night that has made me feel a bit better about things (some of which aligns nicely with the_bully_wee’s). Here’s hoping we can throw a JAmboree to celebrate our new arrivals we’ll SURELY see soon!

4dd647269e4ab3bf365094a443553052.jpg

2 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

He's a complete standout at this level technically and just needs to sharpen up on the mental/tactical side of the game to make good on his potential. If you asked me prior to the Bonnyrigg game then I wouldn't have been bothered either way, but he was terrific that day given a bit of freedom further up the park. We'll get a lot more out of King playing advanced with the likes of Grant, Cuddihy and Leitch supplying him than we did when we were asking him to be our main central midfielder in a team that was universally desperately poor in possession.

I hope you're a better judge of a player than me.

1 hour ago, Replays said:

I've been advocating signing Jasu Rely for a while now.

On King, I agree the last game showed exactly how he should be played. Freedom to drift off a wide position, and less defensive responsibility. That said, using loan deals on him AND Leslie doesn't seem right to me.

5 minutes ago, Passionate said:

What is the BBC TV game worth these days still about 80k

Nowhere near, £24k per team. Same for Viaplay. 

Prize money for getting knocked out in round 5 is almost £50k though, in comparison to the £20k we will just have got.

4 hours ago, haufdaft said:

What has King shown in his loan period with us that makes us think we should extend the loan?

Other than the fantastic goals at the book ends of his initial loan he's been pretty anonymous in most games.

Perhaps he does things for the team I don't see or are we gambling that he plays better in a better team (which can be said for most players).

That is exactly how I perceived his time with us but it was definitely noticeable how much better he performed with better players around him as you mentioned, I wouldn’t be too disappointed to have him back although like all of us we should be looking at players who are better than what we have.

1 hour ago, David W said:

Nowhere near, £24k per team. Same for Viaplay. 

Prize money for getting knocked out in round 5 is almost £50k though, in comparison to the £20k we will just have got.

Maybe I am getting mixed up with the old sky money...  24k is nothing special if you play on a Friday or Monday night...

5 hours ago, the_bully_wee said:

He's a complete standout at this level technically and just needs to sharpen up on the mental/tactical side of the game to make good on his potential. If you asked me prior to the Bonnyrigg game then I wouldn't have been bothered either way, but he was terrific that day given a bit of freedom further up the park. We'll get a lot more out of King playing advanced with the likes of Grant, Cuddihy and Leitch supplying him than we did when we were asking him to be our main central midfielder in a team that was universally desperately poor in possession.

Agree with this.  

For most of the season we were relying on him to be the creator in the team (you need to remember he is only 19 and just playing senior football for the first time)

It clear to see there is a player there and as have always said with better players around him like Grant/Cuddihy rather than Forbes/Carswell I think he will contribute

Can strike a good ball as seen by his two goals and generally good on the ball

1 hour ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Olly MacDonald released by Stranraer yesterday. Can see him being a last minute panic buy if some other options fall through. Wouldn’t be a bad player to come off the bench maybe?

Absolutely not. Wasn't good enough before and isn't good enough now. A poor stint at Stranraer only backs that up.

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The game on Tuesday sennight looks like the biggest we have played since the playoff final. At the very least, please can we have one or two in by then to give a bit of a lift.

If the likes of Olly MacDonald is level of player we are going to sign we may as well start looking for transport links to the LL grounds as that is where we will be going. MacDonald last season was useless and a waste of a jersey and it looks like that has continued after being released by Stranraer. Stranraer are one of the teams we are chasing, why would we want to sign someone who is surplus to requirement for them and someone they want off their books.

Edited by Pride Of The Clyde

5 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

Olly MacDonald released by Stranraer yesterday. Can see him being a last minute panic buy if some other options fall through. Wouldn’t be a bad player to come off the bench maybe?

Absolutely howling shout this !

Have you actually been to any games last 18 months or so ?

If so you would have clearly seen that wee Olly has been punching, and is nowhere near good enough to operate at any level above Lowland League.

But good luck to the lad, he certainly doesn't lack effort.

7 hours ago, Ocelot1877 said:

IMG_7416.jpeg