Clyde Season 23/24

Just now, rossf1984 said:

Does anyone know if in the unlikely event of enough people caring enough, could Thompson be given a vote of no confidence and removed?

that is obviously based on someone being daft enough to be lined up to replace him!

surely it’s now at that point as relegation is all but confirmed but wouldn’t want this to continue otherwise we will be adrift at the bottom of the lowland league this time next year.

People tried at start of season but got pushed away by rest of support because they believed in the mysterious money man and crownpoint

6 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

People tried at start of season but got pushed away by rest of support because they believed in the mysterious money man and crownpoint

That’s not entirely true is it? 

They got pushed away because of who was pulling the strings. 

I completely understand and agree with the anger and frustration with the board but don’t be deflected from the fact today certainly, Elgin game and several others are squarely on McCall and players shoulders. Ridiculous team selection today, stupid substitutions last week and players being weak and naive. He is being well paid as I’m sure the players now, been given 2 coaches to assist etc. We deserve better!

Action on the board should come at some point but Team and Management have to face up and justify the money and faith put in them 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

Who was pulling the strings exactly?

It’s well documented in this thread I believe. 

They also didn’t present any plan once the letter was submitted. A lot of wait and sees, the whole thing was a shambles. 

I’d love to see Thomson and especially Taylor leave, but I’d like to know who’s going to step up first

Edited by Ocelot1877

1 minute ago, Ocelot1877 said:

It’s well documented in this thread I believe. 

They also didn’t present any plan once the letter was submitted. A lot of wait and sees, the whole thing was a shambles. 

I’d love to see Thomson and co leave, but I’d like to know who’s going to step up first

There was things in place but was made far to difficult by the current ownership structure and for some reason even tho they are a glorified volunteer they are not willing to step down when doing a clearly shambolic job. 

Im not here to argue as we are already down enough from current events but the whole board need to go

There was things in place but was made far to difficult by the current ownership structure and for some reason even tho they are a glorified volunteer they are not willing to step down when doing a clearly shambolic job. 

Im not here to argue as we are already down enough from current events but the whole board need to go

You may know more than me and have been closer to the whole thing than me but outside looking in it was handled poorly. The whole plan should have been put out with transparency on who was filling what role. Anything else and it was dead in the water. Some people on the board have been around for ages and folk won’t get rid of them without knowing who they are getting into bed with.

Agree no point arguing about it, the whole club needs gutted and rebuilt from top to bottom. We have no identity and when fans turn like they have it rarely ends well. 

Edited by Ocelot1877

If the money man is a fabrication then we really are fucked - the outlay on coaching and playing staff since November will have us racking up debt again and our best chance of escaping the Lowland League (the first season) would be up shit creek. If he is legitimate, and I believe he is, then we are similarly likely to be screwed; going by what's been said, he could well pull out if we get relegated, and/or if Thomson departs. I find it difficult to believe that funding will be exclusively conditional on Thomson being chairman, but if it is, then oh dear.

It's very funny that we've all spent a decade and a half praying for this kind of benevolent investment and, the season we've finally secured it, we are heading out of the leagues. 

3 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

You may know more than me and have been closer to the whole thing than me but outside looking in it was handled poorly. The whole plan should have been put out with transparency on who was filling what role. Anything else and it was dead in the water. Some people on the board have been around for ages and folk won’t get rid of them without knowing who they are getting into bed with.

Agree no point arguing about it, the whole club needs gutted and rebuilt from top to bottom. We have no identity and when fans turn like they have it rarely ends well. 

I agree with ur points it was not transparent to the fanbase enough but what i can tell you is i agree that thompson is harming the club massively and is incompetent but the major danger is john alexander he is pulling the strings and isn't even officially anything to do with our football club. The man has the cheek to be all smug on the owners forum privy to info others owners dont time to get these clowns out and end the circus

5 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

If the money man is a fabrication then we really are fucked - the outlay on coaching and playing staff since November will have us racking up debt again and our best chance of escaping the Lowland League (the first season) would be up shit creek. If he is legitimate, and I believe he is, then we are similarly likely to be screwed; going by what's been said, he could well pull out if we get relegated, and/or if Thomson departs. I find it difficult to believe that funding will be exclusively conditional on Thomson being chairman, but if it is, then oh dear.

It's very funny that we've all spent a decade and a half praying for this kind of benevolent investment and, the season we've finally secured it, we are heading out of the leagues. 

If he was a true Clyde fan why would it matter who the chairman was and if the worst happened and we got relegated thats when a true fan would want to invest more than ever to help the club in their lowest of lows

4 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

I agree with ur points it was not transparent to the fanbase enough but what i can tell you is i agree that thompson is harming the club massively and is incompetent but the major danger is john alexander he is pulling the strings and isn't even officially anything to do with our football club. The man has the cheek to be all smug on the owners forum privy to info others owners dont time to get these clowns out and end the circus

I agree Alexander coming back without any vote to advise the board given his reputation with the fans was suspect. I had actually pointed that out at the time.

Not an owner so can’t see anything on other forums but every interaction iv had with Alexander had been positive and he’s been dead on. I just disagree with the way he wants to run the club and went about some thing in his chairmanship

On 02/02/2024 at 20:04, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

If we go down it'll be a sore one but I wouldn't stop supporting or going to games. I only make about 4 or 5 games a season anyway and I don't think that would change. I'd actually be more inclined to go to more away games as we would be playing at a lot of stadiums I've never been to before.

It would be a shiter of a situation to come to terms with but best to make the most of it.

I still don't think we will get relegated, though...

14 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I genuinely hate this club. 

Well passed the point of letting it ruin my Saturday now. 

11 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I 100% have over the past few seasons.

A week is a long time in football.

2 minutes ago, Ocelot1877 said:

I agree Alexander coming back without any vote to advise the board given his reputation with the fans was suspect. I had actually pointed that out at the time.

Not an owner so can’t see anything on other forums but every interaction iv had with Alexander had been positive and he’s been dead on. I just disagree with the way he wants to run the club and went about some thing in his chairmanship

He is very good at seeming like that but is a very sneaky character based on events that have happened Clyde ek for e.g he was embroiled in. But its just all a shambles 

1 hour ago, Clyde01 said:

We must be on for the worst points tally ever in league 2. Albion rovers went down last season with almost 40 points on the board, we are on 15. Shite! 

Since relegation came in - 19 points for Berwick the year they went down (Brechin had 10 and 17 but not full seasons, which would've been 16 and 22 based on PPG for 36 games), prior to that you had East Stirlingshire with 8 and 13 in 02/03 and 03/05 and Albion Rovers with 18 in the first season 94/95.

Edited by Ginaro