Clyde Season 23/24

Some considered reflections on today's match from me:

Two away games in a row where we've resorted from kickoff to aimless punts up the park.

It's bad enough that Allan is slightly taller than a dwarf but at least punt the ball into the same hemisphere as he's occupying.

Allan looks as pissed off as I do when another punt rolls out of play or into the goalkeepers arms.

Is McCall afraid of real grass? Does he feel that our midfield cannot cope with a wee bobble? Elgin was exactly the same.

Taking Allan off at 0-1 to be replaced by Cameron? Surely that's McCall taking the piss.

McGinn was my MOTM last week. Benched this week for Lyon. Who was just... Ross Lyon (forever in my house a synonym for abysmal)

King, as predicted is back to his anonymous self. 

Howie, has he left his footballing talent in Australia?

If I see another Clyde player blindly hook the ball over their shoulder  I may shit myself in fury.

Parry, summed up by the predictive texts on my phone changing his name to "pussy".

Rennie, hopefully I live long enough to see him once, just once, seriously challenging for a 60/40, never mind a 50/50.

That police taser was really sore

Edited by haufdaft

1 minute ago, haufdaft said:

Some considered reflections on today's match from me:

Two away games in a row where we've resorted from kickoff to aimless punts up the park.

It's bad enough that Allan is slightly taller than a dwarf but at least punt the ball into the same hemisphere as he's occupying.

At least Allan looks as pissed off as I do when another punt rolls out out play out into the goalkeepers arms.

Is McCall afraid of real grass? Does he feel that our midfield cannot cope with a wee bobble? Elgin was exactly the same.

Taking Allan off at 0-1 to be replaced by Cameron? Surely that's McCall taking the piss.

McGinn was my MOTM last week. Benched this week for Lyon. Who was just... Ross Lyon (forever in my house a synonym for abysmal)

King, as predicted is back to his anonymous self. 

Howie, has he left his footballing talent in Australia?

If I see another Clyde player blindly hook the ball over their shoulder  I may shit myself in fury.

Parry, summed up by the predictive texts on my phone changing his name to "pussy".

Rennie, hopefully I live long enough to see him once, just once, seriously challenging for a 60/40, never mind a 50/50.

That police taser was really sore

Spot on especially with Howie and king comments think Hamilton has been best signing but Howie has been abysmal at times. I was also thinking i get king as he has some moments in him but wasting a crucial loan slot on Leslie who dosent even make the bench was a stupid decision

3 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

Spot on especially with Howie and king comments think Hamilton has been best signing but Howie has been abysmal at times. I was also thinking i get king as he has some moments in him but wasting a crucial loan slot on Leslie who dosent even make the bench was a stupid decision

Anytime I’ve seen Leslie he’s not done anything more notable than King, imo.

31 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

Anytime I’ve seen Leslie he’s not done anything more notable than King, imo.

Both as useful as each other tbf but at least king has scored goals in our 2 league wins this (laughed while typing that sad stat)

1 hour ago, Clyde1235 said:

Surely at Dumbarton game there will be some unsavoury scenes again if we are on the losing side.

Wasn't at the game today was there any players who came over at the end to thank the travelling fans?

Yeah led by Ray Grant, Howie, Hamilton and bizarrely Euan Cameron came over to the support at the end of game

Couldnt clearly hear what Ray Grant said but think was along the lines - it is our fault ie the players than we are in this position and that they are responsible for that

Perhaps anyone else can clarify?

7 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Yeah led by Ray Grant, Howie, Hamilton and bizarrely Euan Cameron came over to the support at the end of game

Couldnt clearly hear what Ray Grant said but think was along the lines - it is our fault ie the players than we are in this position and that they are responsible for that

Perhaps anyone else can clarify?

Its a joke the support we give and what we get as fans definitely best supported in the league by a mile and we are bottom. Wouldn't be surprised knowing that group that they wouldn't apologise for a result like that

Edited by Clyde1235

33 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

Article just came out about Clyde fans getting attack by Stranraer fans with golf clubs anyone see this or know anything about it. If this article is true absolute scum they are

Yeah it true, guy in a big white van got golf club out and started swinging it at clyde fans

clyde fan got whacked on the chest with it

Unluckily for the guy swinging the golf club he got tasered by the police 

Just now, Bullyweeno1 said:

Yeah it true, guy in a big white van got golf club out and started swinging it at clyde fans

clyde fan got whacked on the chest with it

Unluckily for the guy swinging the golf club he got tasered by the police 

What a circus our club is!

Just now, SLClyde said:

I reckon McCall won’t see the season out. 

I agree i dont get the feel he is 100 percent invested. Also to point out i dont like how when we get a bad result he dosent do an interview thats not how it works

2 minutes ago, Clyde1235 said:

Might just be me but i hate mccall lack of interaction with support a bit of appreciation to support would go a long way in these dire times

Picking the right team would go a long way too, soon as I saw the line up today I was fearing the worst. What’s the point in signing a keeper and a left back to play diddies instead. Today’s result is on McCall. 

Just now, Clyde1235 said:

What a circus our club is!

Basically was bad feeling all day

They only opened one turnstile and both sets of fans had to go through which was asking for trouble

1. One old Clyde fan with stick got whacked in the face when he went in the ground

2. Stranraer players all (except the keeper) coming right up to the Clyde fans and goading them after scoring the first

3. The Stranraer players rounded on a couple of clyde players after late tackles

4. At final whistle Stranraer players fighting with Euan Cameron

5. At full time whistle Stranraer player jesting to Clyde fans that they were going down

6. Then the stramash outside the ground with opposite fans fighting, swinging golf clubs and get tasered

All in all was just a bad taste in todays game that have seen the likes of before

Just now, Clyde01 said:

Picking the right team would go a long way too, soon as I saw the line up today I was fearing the worst. What’s the point in signing a keeper and a left back to play diddies instead. Today’s result is on McCall. 

It all just adds up if he wants to act in the manner he does with fans you need to be getting it right on the pitch as when it isn't its a bad look not coming over. Did he come over today? 

Just now, Clyde1235 said:

It all just adds up if he wants to act in the manner he does with fans you need to be getting it right on the pitch as when it isn't its a bad look not coming over. Did he come over today? 

No, as said only four players (mainly Ray Grant being the leader) came over to the fans at end

2 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

Basically was bad feeling all day

They only opened one turnstile and both sets of fans had to go through which was asking for trouble

1. One old Clyde fan with stick got whacked in the face when he went in the ground

2. Stranraer players all (except the keeper) coming right up to the Clyde fans and goading them after scoring the first

3. The Stranraer players rounded on a couple of clyde players after late tackles

4. At final whistle Stranraer players fighting with Euan Cameron

5. At full time whistle Stranraer player jesting to Clyde fans that they were going down

6. Then the stramash outside the ground with opposite fans fighting, swinging golf clubs and get tasered

All in all was just a bad taste in todays game that have seen the likes of before

Sounds like Stranraer players and fans are a horrible bunch. Listened to Agnews post match and no mention of the events he was actually proud of them grouping up on Clyde players. Only if we had a team who could shut them all up by winning eh

2 minutes ago, Bullyweeno1 said:

No, as said only four players (mainly Ray Grant being the leader) came over to the fans at end

Wow only 4 of them i thought u meant they were the ones at front absolute joke that earns you a tiny bit of respect coming over and taking the stick and saying thanks for the support. Clearly from performances not up for the fight