Clyde Season 23/24

8 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

I can just imagine McCall's pre-match team talk next Saturday...

"Right lads, *yawn*, erm...who we playing again? Oh aye... that's right. Well, good luck, and mind we're running out of games so don't lose. Where are we in the league again?"

Inspiring. 

.......and stood in front of a Hamilton Accies badge.....surely our media people could have moved him away from that. 

Yep, it's all very concerning.

43 minutes ago, Clyde_MM said:

No change from last week but I'm now thinking it's the play-offs for us. This team just doesn't have the bottle/leadership for the task at hand.

Yesterday was a real chance to put points between ourselves and Stranraer. Dumbarton even kept up their end of the bargain, avoiding what looked to be a nailed-on loss.

I wasn't at Stair Park but by all accounts we could well have lost there (again) if Stranraer had taken one of several chances.  Whilst we seemed content to rotate the team after halftime and to avoid injury and suspension, Stranraer apparently went for it, and that's now two games running they've competed well against top four teams.  If Clyde don't at least take note of that and respond they may come to regret it.

It’s terrifying that it’s again out of our hands, having been to the Stranraer away game and the home game two weeks ago, they’re not going down without a fight, and Forfar aren’t exactly world beaters.

Potentially we could be in the Play Offs next week, we have to come out flying, and pray that the Stranraer bus breaks down and they’re knackered or something, incredible it has come to this.

Regardless of what happens in the next few weeks we have to have a complete clear out of players and the board, it’s disgraceful that it has gotten to this stage. Anyone who sanctioned or even condoned Jim Duffy’s appointment or Brian McLean should hang their heads in shame and walk. Just looked for the easy option and it’s ultimately fucked us.

6 minutes ago, Davy the Dug said:

It’s terrifying that it’s again out of our hands, having been to the Stranraer away game and the home game two weeks ago, they’re not going down without a fight, and Forfar aren’t exactly world beaters.

Potentially we could be in the Play Offs next week, we have to come out flying, and pray that the Stranraer bus breaks down and they’re knackered or something, incredible it has come to this.

Regardless of what happens in the next few weeks we have to have a complete clear out of players and the board, it’s disgraceful that it has gotten to this stage. Anyone who sanctioned or even condoned Jim Duffy’s appointment or Brian McLean should hang their heads in shame and walk. Just looked for the easy option and it’s ultimately fucked us.

The person who sanctioned it will never hang his head in shame.......it was all done on the cheap as usual....as is his way....he's not even a director.

The Chairman who "appeared" to sanction it has resigned his post as Chair but has vowed to remain on the Board to advise the new Chair.........if Ricky Gervais had found Clyde....the Office would never have been written.

12 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

Been quick to avoid a repeat of the carry on with the home strip for next year. 

The Allan Maitland effect in full swing - nice. I see we're also going to be invited to vote on the away strip soon. I think brown might be appropriate given it's the colour my underwear has almost turned on more Saturdays than I care to remember of late. 

Edited by RutherGlen

11 minutes ago, David W said:

Away options were in the programme yesterday. The yellow one is horrific.

Screenshot_20240421_155338_Chrome.jpg

Are those the only two options? Both absolutely awful. The blue one looks like a goalkeeper top and the yellow...well, least said the better.

The yellow one is the colour of stale piss…. So the blue one for me. But white shirt with red and black trim… that’s what I want from a Clyde strip. Thankfully we get that back…. Now just to get a team who are fit to wear it. 

57 minutes ago, David W said:

Away options were in the programme yesterday. The yellow one is horrific.

Screenshot_20240421_155338_Chrome.jpg

How the f**k can that pishy yellow one be in the top two?

For that alone the whole board should resign.

What is so difficult about a white home top and either red, black or combination of the two for the away? At least they got the home kit sorted for next year but they seem determined to eff up what should be a relatively simple operation. Keep the outlandish shit for the 3rd strip if/when there is one. 

I know there are more pressing matters at the moment like our league status and very existence but anything to distract us from that is vey much welcome at the moment!

38 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

How the f**k can that pishy yellow one be in the top two?

For that alone the whole board should resign.

"Hello Mr Clyde, Mr Puma here. I'll give you a fiver off each of the white shirts if you'll take our excess stock of yellow ones."

Maybe yellow is the mystery benefactor's favourite colour and was one of the stipulations for continuation of funds? That and Thomson remaining as Chairman of course. Let's not forget that belter...

1 hour ago, clyde_r_us said:

how many current players will wear it

Well at lot depends on if we survive. For Example, we cannot keep Kabia at LL as he was on £900 p/w at Linfield so he wouldn’t let his wage have a big drift to go to Clyde.

50 minutes ago, RutherGlen said:

Maybe yellow is the mystery benefactor's favourite colour and was one of the stipulations for continuation of funds? That and Thomson remaining as Chairman of course. Let's not forget that belter...

well he's conceded on the latter, hopefully he'll also concede on the vile yellow top

1 hour ago, BullyWeeClydeFc said:

Well at lot depends on if we survive. For Example, we cannot keep Kabia at LL as he was on £900 p/w at Linfield so he wouldn’t let his wage have a big drift to go to Clyde.

900 p/w from a club he hasn’t played for? 

Bottom line - win next week v East Fife and Stranraer fail to win then we go into the final game v Elgin with matters in our own hands.

Would have taken that on 10 February at 5.15pm when driving away from Stair Park.

Though knowing us we will get beat next week and Stranraer will draw at Forfar to go into the final game 2 points behind them

Then in final weekend will again get beat and Stranraer also get beat to finish up 10th, 2 points behind Stranraer, with a playoff game v EK.